What did you do to your GT3 today?

Cam Arnott

• 2 weeks later...

While we are talking about exhausts, it appears the Australian 996 GT3s do not have their secondary (i.e. after cat converter) O2 sensors wired up. The sensors are fitted to the cats, they just don’t plug into the main wiring harness. Can anyone confirm why Porsche would do this? Weird!

14 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Took the old girl to Mcleans Bridge, now with as raced Speedlines fitted in black

FC85B88B-6DF7-45AB-A040-6CF9878F8D9F.jpeg

Still not a fan of black wheels, but of all the colours, they probably match Speed Yellow the best 🙂 

15 hours ago, spiller said:

While we are talking about exhausts, it appears the Australian 996 GT3s do not have their secondary (i.e. after cat converter) O2 sensors wired up. The sensors are fitted to the cats, they just don’t plug into the main wiring harness. Can anyone confirm why Porsche would do this? Weird!

Probably the same as on 993's - the euro ECU was slightly different to the US, and has less (or no) 02 input.  But yes it is odd that a 02 sensor is there instead of just a plug.

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Still not a fan of black wheels, but of all the colours, they probably match Speed Yellow the best 🙂 

I agree, but wanted to stay true to the car’s history and display it as raced. They are also very rare and quite light weight. Look a bit better in the flesh as they are gloss black

I have the originals at home if I want to be a bit more classic 

Sent the picture to Matt Coleman who gave it the thumbs up - which was nice 

C6A821C8-2CC2-4117-82D7-0BB0AB63FBD9.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jason A said:

I agree, but wanted to stay true to the car’s history and display it as raced. They are also very rare and quite light weight. Look a bit better in the flesh as they are gloss black

I have the originals at home if I want to be a bit more classic 

Sent the picture to Matt Coleman who gave it the thumbs up - which was nice 

C6A821C8-2CC2-4117-82D7-0BB0AB63FBD9.jpeg

I actually must admit to having bought the set of track wheels for my car from the PO.  They're black too, but thinking of a gold plasti-dip conversion.....  I'm actually wondering whether they might be Speedlines too, light as heck.  What are the Speedline markings?

6 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Probably the same as on 993's - the euro ECU was slightly different to the US, and has less (or no) 02 input.  But yes it is odd that a 02 sensor is there instead of just a plug.

That makes sense. Porsche may have worked out it was cheaper to just leave the sensors in there than disrupt production with different parts, or something like that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dropped it into Buiks workshop early in the week to replace sway bar drop links….. which I probably damaged trying to keep up with @wilson59 & @Shedpest in the Classic Adelaide recently.  
Ben & team were great to deal with as usual.  Decided to drive it to/from work for the rest of the week…… not ideal GT3 territory, but surprisingly good fun. 
Hanging for spring weather & Adelaide Hills roads.