What did you do to your GT3 today?

Cam Arnott

9 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

RRP 3x Slabs of Coopers (includes free postage)

^^ That's the kind of priceless information/details we need 🤣

I reckon I could have made a path with the gravel I found behind the radiators when I stuck my head underneath there.....I suspect a 'good off' was had by one of the previous owners 😯

The seats in my CS have alcantara cushions and the drivers seat has a patch sewn in over the right bolster to cover some wear so I've been buying some trinkets to make it all mint and original. Not cheap but current values justify a bit of a spend I think!

Seat Covers.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

@spiller its better but not night and day and not as good as yours!!

But I have a feeling the Mk1's have shift rods vs cables in the Mk2's...? Might have to check PET!

Cam the very early 996.1 cup cars had a shift rod but all of the 996 road cars share the same cable set up AFAIK. What I can see pictured there is certainly what came out of mine. Mine has the cup cables which are nice and heavy feeling but do transmit a small hum from the gears at cruising speeds. Though yours has a single mass flywheel so you wouldn’t hear that much, and instead you’ll hear the flywheel knocking away at idle (which is cool!). They don’t make the cup cables anymore but if you shake the tree on rennlist someone will have a used set. The other option is Numeric.

• 2 weeks later...

New M&M exhaust system is on! This is the same system that Manthey Racing used to use with their K400 upgrade kit.

Fantastic quality and workmanship.

Haven't been for a drive yet as I'm waiting on some new engine mounts to arrive as the old ones were sagging a little. Hopefully tomorrow!

Exhaust.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust3.jpg