Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

Good luck with the sale @cafe_racer

This would have to be the sharpest priced 4RS to date and looks great with the subtle tweaks you made.  Someone ought to grab it quick.  

2 minutes ago, mrar said:

Gt3

Screenshot_20240117-184816_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh, he clearly hankers for something a bit slower……🤣

(watch him pass me on track in a GT3 now I’ve said that…. 😂)

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Thanks for the positive feedback all, we shall see what is next, I assume it'll be some kind of P-Car.  I am going to do some karting this year, slightly less hp 😀

Just tear the bandaid off and get in a Radical lol 

GLWS, that shouldn't last long at all... great spec! 

Sorry to hear you are selling your 4RS. You were certainly the fastest 4RS on track that I have seen so far! I won't have much, or indeed anything, to add on car setup details considering I am still 4 secs behind your best time at PI! The size of my cojones and my age are all against me!

Do we think there will be a MY25 GT4RS or will MY24 extend until August when the last of these cars will be produced for aus?

For some reason, MY24 started on 1st June last year and it seems a bit unusual to me for a MY to extend over 15 months.

8 hours ago, gallium said:

Do we think there will be a MY25 GT4RS or will MY24 extend until August when the last of these cars will be produced for aus?

For some reason, MY24 started on 1st June last year and it seems a bit unusual to me for a MY to extend over 15 months.

The jury is still out on that. The new EU June 2020 Cyber Security regulations will come into effect in Europe, Japan, and South Korea from July 2024 which means the end of the 718 Boxster and Cayman in those markets. However, for selected markets that are not affected by the regulations, they will continue to build and sell the 718 until 2025 at least. But, But, But..... while Australia is not subject to these regulations, it just may end up being collateral damage given it would be one of only a handful of small RHD markets left for the 718. So the question is will Porsche bother to manufacture just a handful of RHD cars for those markets?

What I've been advised is that August is end of the line for manufacture of all petrol 718 cars targeting Australia. This would result in there being a 12-18 month gap where Porsche Aus have no Caymans to sell until the eVs arrive, and it would also mean that the 4RS Spyder would have had a very short (~12 month) availability down under.

I just had to bring myself up to speed...

If it aint the treehuggers killing ICE cars then it's the politicians.

New automotive cybersecurity regulation on the horizon

From July 2024, UN155/156 (as set out by UNECE WP.29) will require all original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their supply chains to include multi-layered cybersecurity solutions to protect against current and future cyberattacks. It is the first-ever regulation requiring vehicle type approval with regards to cybersecurity, and vehicles under development need to comply with these new regulations, from development and production through to customer-use. Failure to do so could lead to vehicle production being shut down.

1 hour ago, gallium said:

What I've been advised is that August is end of the line for manufacture of all petrol 718 cars targeting Australia. This would result in there being a 12-18 month gap where Porsche Aus have no Caymans to sell until the eVs arrive, and it would also mean that the 4RS Spyder would have had a very short (~12 month) availability down under.

I have heard the same thing. From what we were told, Aug 24 will be the end for the 718 RS in Australia and all cars produced up to August must be delivered before 31 December 2024 here. 

22 hours ago, gallium said:

Does anyone here have an A1 black GT4RS with weissach and steel/iron brakes? Any thoughts on this spec or regrets? I'm close to locking it in!

pgt4rs-a1-ws.thumb.png.8f6f7516f5f0cbf099642ccd359bbf07.png

I have seen one similar with gold rims. Personally I would go the black brake calipers to match it all. 

AEC96C7E-F356-49E8-B0DC-2732F15AF28A.jpeg

4 hours ago, tomk86 said:

Thanks for sharing that, it’s very close!

I was never planning on going for black as upkeep is a royal pain (PPF is a must) and I do love a good metallic finish, but I just couldn’t get over the carbon bonnet looking like a bolt on when going with the weissach pack. Other than PTS, the only standard colour that best integrates the bonnet with the car is black to make it look more cohesive. It would have been nice to be able to have the bonnet painted as a free weissach option like on the Spyder RS.

I’m planning to go with the standard dark grey wheels to add just a bit of contrast and better match the carbon bits. I think those black wheels get lost in a sea of black and are better suited to lighter paint colours.