Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

11 hours ago, WGA said:

IMG_3393.thumb.jpeg.ecf334b4ca569314e4271170c766a139.jpegHere are the Manthey specs. Also, i found the corner weights and total weight interesting. 

Wow that’s way more conservative than I was expecting on camber. Especially front. Must be a clever front suspension design. 

Interesting production numbers from Rennlist. They are certainly pumping them out. Indeed, the number of people I met lately who already have one or have one coming is a lot!

na_f717c8295f42012e08a9f35f0c4a784179e200be.jpg

row_4b7d9ce88e5308a2dedc7a459f94f87322883916.jpg

43 minutes ago, DJM said:

I’ve seen several mentions of 7,000 build target?  About 4,000 so far from the above numbers.

I just want mine…..due to unload at the dock tomorrow 🤞🏻

A mate has a Touring coming, heard it was just about here, reckon it might be on the same boat......

4 hours ago, SS 3 said:

They always said that it won’t be a limited edition so I’m guessing they keep supplying until the orders dry up

This is almost never true, at least not for Australian orders anyway.

4 hours ago, Peter John said:

Who feels more special - 992 GT3 owners or 718GTRS owners?

🤣

10 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

A mate has a Touring coming, heard it was just about here, reckon it might be on the same boat......

Hoegh London, arrived 2 August but has been sitting at anchor in the bay ever since.  finally pulled into dock yesterday.  Porsche and a mate of a mate at the dock both said today is the day 🤞🏻

10 hours ago, Peter John said:

Don’t you know?  RS stands for really special 🍿 

12 hours ago, Peter John said:

Having had my 4RS alongside my 992 GT3 now for a couple of months the answer to that question depends on your driving preferences. Indeed, there is no right or wrong answer because each response is personal.....but for me....right now....I prefer the feel of the GT3. 

1 hour ago, WGA said:

Having had my 4RS alongside my 992 GT3 now for a couple of months the answer to that question depends on your driving preferences. Indeed, there is no right or wrong answer because each response is personal.....but for me....right now....I prefer the feel of the GT3. 

Too right. And you really need to have the cars same day, back to back to compare. The gt3 grip just makes sense. I think it was the Top Gear video with the silver cars on track highlight the chassis pros and cons. 

Do production numbers make you feel special? Sure! It’s just another Rolex competition.

4 hours ago, DJM said:

Hoegh London, arrived 2 August but has been sitting at anchor in the bay ever since.  finally pulled into dock yesterday.  Porsche and a mate of a mate at the dock both said today is the day 🤞🏻

Don’t you know?  RS stands for really special 🍿 

You’re getting an RRS yeah?! 😜 

Me and my mate swap our cars a fair bit at track days. He has a 992 gt3, I’ve got the 4RS. We were at Philip island and both of us were faster in the 4RS and it also felt more comfortable at the limit, he said he preferred the 4RS. I’d say a lot of that was setup and a little bit of tyres. 

Long story short, he is selling his 993 GT3 and said he would have kept it if it was a 4RS. Being over $100k cheaper helps the 4RS too when driving it anything above 7/10’s. 

At sandown we both prefer the 992 GT3. 

22 hours ago, WGA said:

There's no perfect car for everything let's be honest. I still stand 100% by my opinion that I think my 981 GT4 is a far more enjoyable road car. So when I go to the track I will take the 4RS as it's definitely more fun, but for a weekend drive I still take the old girl these days now that the novelty has worn off the new toy.

But I also tell people that out of my 3 P Cars - if I could only keep one I'm going to keep my Cayenne GTS! It's definitely my favorite car!

23 hours ago, WGA said:

Is your gt3 also pdk?

1 hour ago, Snowman said:

There's no perfect car for everything let's be honest. I still stand 100% by my opinion that I think my 981 GT4 is a far more enjoyable road car. So when I go to the track I will take the 4RS as it's definitely more fun, but for a weekend drive I still take the old girl these days now that the novelty has worn off the new toy.

But I also tell people that out of my 3 P Cars - if I could only keep one I'm going to keep my Cayenne GTS! It's definitely my favorite car!

Good point, for a road car neither my mates 992 GT3 or my 4RS are ideal.  Both cars mainly get driven to and from the track and otherwise sit in storage.  It is getting to the point a dedicated track only car makes more sense for our use.

My friend has thrown me the keys to his GTS Cayenne whenever he upgrades- last drive I had I thought why do I need a 911 or Cayman! They are amazing! 

A weekender that you can tow through the gears and have some nice exhaust sounds tick and tick!

20 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Me and my mate swap our cars a fair bit at track days. He has a 992 gt3, I’ve got the 4RS. We were at Philip island and both of us were faster in the 4RS and it also felt more comfortable at the limit, he said he preferred the 4RS. I’d say a lot of that was setup and a little bit of tyres. 

Long story short, he is selling his 993 GT3 and said he would have kept it if it was a 4RS. Being over $100k cheaper helps the 4RS too when driving it anything above 7/10’s. 

Wonder if the gt3 had a nicer track set up how it would feel. You think it’s better at Sandown due to rotation at lower speeds whereas the higher speed pi corners it coasts around nicer? 

Sure is fun driving to and from the track- easier, but towing it’s nice for comfort and cruising home without bouncing around on stiff springs and r specs.

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Is your gt3 also pdk?

Yes, it is.

Love my GTS too. Although not sure its my favourite..... but it is definitely my wife's equal fav. 

20 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

While doing the Master GT4 RS event, Luke Youlden, the chief instructor, commented that so far most drivers tend to be up to speed and faster in a shorter amount of time in the 4RS than those that attend the Master GT3.....but....those that persist with the GT3 are ultimately faster than the GT4 RS. Case in point, reference lap for the GT3 is 57.1 secs. Reference lap for the GT4 RS is 57.8 secs. I believe Thomas Mezera was the driver in both cases.

6 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

It is getting to the point a dedicated track only car makes more sense for our use.

I went down the dedicated track car route for a few years.  You can buy very fast cars, very cheaply once you abandon road reg.  There is also the risk equation - I could bash the old girl over the kerbs, cop a spray of gravel, whatever, didn't matter for a track pig!   But I got the shits looking at the car on the trailer for months at a time, unable to be used on the road and having to trailer it everywhere for even the most minor repairs or tyres or brakes, waiting for E85 to turn to jelly in the lines.  

For a change, I am looking forward to being able to drive the 4RS to and from track days (maybe 4 to 6 a year) but be able to enjoy the car in between.   

That is, until I get the bug for track days again or get sucked in by my105 again.  Case in point......

https://www.my105.com/search/details/2009-porsche-911-997/12b5280c-e650-4117-9d6c-a0b5a0845958?source=SEARCH_RESULT 

14 minutes ago, DJM said:

I went down the dedicated track car route for a few years.  You can buy very fast cars, very cheaply once you abandon road reg.  There is also the risk equation - I could bash the old girl over the kerbs, cop a spray of gravel, whatever, didn't matter for a track pig!   But I got the shits looking at the car on the trailer for months at a time, unable to be used on the road and having to trailer it everywhere for even the most minor repairs or tyres or brakes, waiting for E85 to turn to jelly in the lines.  

For a change, I am looking forward to being able to drive the 4RS to and from track days (maybe 4 to 6 a year) but be able to enjoy the car in between.   

That is, until I get the bug for track days again or get sucked in by my105 again.  Case in point......

https://www.my105.com/search/details/2009-porsche-911-997/12b5280c-e650-4117-9d6c-a0b5a0845958?source=SEARCH_RESULT 

Cheap on that 997

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Doug would be able to negotiate 8 I reckon... 😜 

Scottish heritage 🤑

But I’ve also learnt a lot selling my GTS on Carsales.  I’ll send him a text telling him it’s worth $50k and then ignore him when he calls me back 😂

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yep, Doug could buy 3 or 4 of them for the price of his 4RS no doubt 🙂 

4 with change for a trailer 

2 hours ago, DJM said:

@DJM Yeah that is a very good point. I never thought about the actual pain of servicing, repairs, parts etc. I often think about changing to a track car as that is all I do with mine. It is very convenient just to drive and leave the track without a trailer. 

5 hours ago, DJM said:

My105 is such a guilty pleasure for me right now. You are going to have a great time in your 4RS Doug!