Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

That's a bit of a skewed result though because there's a lot of missed sales by other comapnies due to a lack of available supply.

But in fairness those Atto3's do look less terrible without the BUILDYOURDREAMS written across the back lol

I remember reading a news article ten or fifteen years ago (I know for sure it was really a long time, I think pre-Tesla, or certainly Tesla being anything other than the quirky company putting batteries in a Lotus) that said the Chinese had decided they'd never catch up to the Germans or anyone else in building high quality ICE vehicles so they were going to start focusing on EVs and aim to dominate that market as it grew ...

BYD (and the rest) are the result of those efforts I guess ...

Imagine the position we could be in here if Holden or Ford Aus had played a long game like that instead of cranking out big sedans the market no longer wanted ... 😂

8 hours ago, JWM said:

I remember reading a news article ten or fifteen years ago (I know for sure it was really a long time, I think pre-Tesla, or certainly Tesla being anything other than the quirky company putting batteries in a Lotus) that said the Chinese had decided they'd never catch up to the Germans or anyone else in building high quality ICE vehicles so they were going to start focusing on EVs and aim to dominate that market as it grew ...

Imagine the position we could be in here if Holden or Ford Aus had played a long game like that instead of cranking out big sedans the market no longer wanted ... 😂

"Imagine the position we could be in here if Holden or Ford Aus had played a long game like that instead of cranking out big sedans the market no longer wanted ... 😂"      

Not with our inept handbrake govts

18 hours ago, JWM said:

They should have been building the big ugly trucks that dominate the road to day 🙄 

On 21/07/2023 at 08:09, mc968cs said:

No affiliation, just noting their success! 
New Car sales results

Success? Gee, I wonder why they have that percentage of the market? 🤔

Maybe something to do with them being more 'affordable', a.k.a cheap Chinese made shit, than a Tesla than actually being a quality vehicle  😅

I've no doubt they'll start exploding into a retina burning fireball sooner or later

(not aimed at you directly @mc968cs)

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2023 at 16:09, WGA said:

Car just back from a front end PPF plus an indigo blue war stripe.

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3245.jpeg

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg

IMG_2961.jpeg

Took me a while to put two and two together. Good driving out there earlier in the week. Your car looks great! 

Little vid of me having a bit of a moment with the tc/esc off

41's isn't hanging around!

Just out of curiosity @cafe_racer, and not that I'll ever get to drive around PI, nor can I drive that well, yet would short shifting help coming out of turn 11 so you can jump on the gas a bit earlier and harder, or would that drop the revs too much? 

3 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Spot on. I short shift out of t11 normally but was still warming the tyres on the lap above I posted so wasn’t giving it full focus. Based on the moment I had I probably should have been paying more attention and less heavy on the throttle. 

👍

I only asked, as that's what I did when I raced bikes there a couple of times, as I tried to hold 3rd on my first laps there, yet found out real quick that was a good way to go over the bars 😅

Great driving too 👍

16 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Took me a while to put two and two together. Good driving out there earlier in the week. Your car looks great! 

Little vid of me having a bit of a moment with the tc/esc off

New pair of undies good too go

😀

41s is a fabulous time. Sadly, I don't have the talent to get anywhere near that time. Current PB is 47s. Curious to know what tyres you were running?

From my perspective I had a frustrating day. It was my first track day in the car at PI and I was a couple of seconds off my PB. Although almost everyone I spoke to who was there on the Monday told me that for whatever reason the track was much slower on the Tuesday. In addition, my car was moving around a lot under brakes into T1 which did not inspire me with confidence and that's after getting the recommended Manthey alignment done to the car. I thought it might be the tyres but they were fine at 32psi. The Manthey alignment is supposed to reduced this 4RS trait so I think I need to take it back to get it checked. For a comparison, I took my 992 GT3 out later in the day and it was solid as a rock into T1.

Anyway, while frustrating, I still enjoyed the day very much.

A27I9312.JPG

A27I0281.JPG

Do you have a copy of set up to share @WGA? The wiggle upon nose dive is unsettling but can be driven around. Confidence is everything! 

Nice to see you Monday @cafe_racer 41 is magic! Can you share a clean lap video? I can’t believe the top speed of 260- I can’t get above 235 in the road going or cs 981. 

47 minutes ago, WGA said:

I do have a copy of the setup but not sure I am allowed to/or should share it here considering what Porsche charge for the alignment.

That’s quite ok. It’s not a secret sauce or herbs and spices- the best thing about “Manthey alignment” is their tools- taking wheels off and going to axle, using lasers is great. As for how much camber and toe it’s not a protected, sworn to secrecy thing. It’s so expensive due to the time up and down on the lift playing around with corner weights and the hourly rate. Really no different to string lining other than the need for wheels on and off. 

The cayman 4rs should have stiffer front spring to reduce nose dive that causes in and out toe under braking- the wobble bum. Gt3 suspension at rear is different in one way or another. 

I’ve used TPC offset toe links and it doesn’t remove the in out toe all together. Ride heights and weight balance will play a part, but as mentioned braking around it you’ll just get used to it. 

2 hours ago, WGA said:

I do have a copy of the setup but not sure I am allowed to/or should share it here considering what Porsche charge for the alignment.

A quick google will show what the alignment specs are.  I'm sure they've previously been posted on the forum also.

19 hours ago, Peter John said:

Do you have a copy of set up to share @WGA? The wiggle upon nose dive is unsettling but can be driven around. Confidence is everything! 

Nice to see you Monday @cafe_racer 41 is magic! Can you share a clean lap video? I can’t believe the top speed of 260- I can’t get above 235 in the road going or cs 981. 

Hi mate, popped up a video of a clean lap for you.

https://youtu.be/MPf9SeXQVpY

For @WGAwas running Trofeo R's, you are right, the track didn't seem quick as i have done a 1:40 with standard Cup 2's, I had hoped these would be faster, which I think they are, but track didn't allow for it on the day.  Car is otherwise stock aside from some MR pads, brake lines and an MR alignment).  I get the same T1 wiggle which can be unnerving, I drove my mates 992 GT3 the same day, we were both quicker in my 4RS for some reason...Just seemed more predictable on the limit.