Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

11 minutes ago, DJM said:

Non Weissach Pack so that would have been circa $365k drive away new plus wrap etc maybe 375k. 

At $399k plus circa $35k stamp duty etc it’ll be around $435k drive away. Still a reasonable markup on new albeit  the cheapest to date that I’ve seen. And new price did increase recently.  But it’s yellow……👎🏻

Yeah new price increase changes it to compare. At least someone has done the run in kms for the next guy. I love yellow!

3 hours ago, Peter John said:

Yeah new price increase changes it to compare. At least someone has done the run in kms for the next guy. I love yellow!

Not having to wait has a value too 🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, DJM said:

Tucked up at home 👌

Amazing range of snorting, snarling and barking sounds even at low rpm.  Big day racking up kms tomorrow, 9000rpm can’t come soon enough 

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6577.jpeg

IMG_6580.jpeg

Congratulations! Great spec (and plates lol)!  Are you getting it PPF'd?

27 minutes ago, 80mercury said:

In the same vein, looking for PPF recommendations in Melbourne.  If the Port of Melbourne https://www.vicports.vic.gov.au/operations/Pages/ship-movements.aspx page is to believed, my car should be getting off the boat over the weekend/early next week 😁

I used Max Wang for my GT3 - Melbourne based - he did a fantastic job no issues what so ever. Perfect for the fussy owner from amazing workshop to security, ticked all the boxes.

https://www.instagram.com/maxwell__wang/?hl=en

1 hour ago, SS 3 said:

I used Max Wang for my GT3 - Melbourne based - he did a fantastic job no issues what so ever. Perfect for the fussy owner from amazing workshop to security, ticked all the boxes.

https://www.instagram.com/maxwell__wang/?hl=en

What was the price on Max Wang? His work looks spot on. 

25 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

What was the price on Max Wang? His work looks spot on. 

He will quote to your personal requirements for a full PPF on 4RS I believe he quoted at DJM 13k.

I think the GT3 is around 10k I had my windscreen done and added a black out area to the rear. 

On 01/09/2023 at 06:55, JB911 said:

Who are you getting to do it?

On 01/09/2023 at 09:03, 80mercury said:

In the same vein, looking for PPF recommendations in Melbourne.  If the Port of Melbourne https://www.vicports.vic.gov.au/operations/Pages/ship-movements.aspx page is to believed, my car should be getting off the boat over the weekend/early next week 😁

Max Wang has a good rep and was recommended by Porsche Brighton.  But he was very slow to respond and quoted $13,379 for full PPF which surprised me.

While i was waiting for Max, I spoke to Auto Attention in Richmond (Damon Lawrence).  I saw on Insta that he details and ceramic coats some of the cars that Max wraps.  Turns out AA do lots of wraps as well.  In fact, he has the contract for Lotus and does heaps of Emiras (2 in the workshop yesterday). 

Damon didn't want to cut Max's lunch but I asked him to quote and in the end, we agreed on $10k which includes:

• pre detail (car was filthy after 1,000km drive on Thursday!)
  • indigo blue stickers to wing end plates and front splitter
  • full PPF (including double layering around wheel arches)
  • full ceramic coating afterward, including wheels

Much better value than Max and was great to deal with.   I dropped my car off yesterday, pickup Tuesday 12th. 

I understand Max is a bit of a guru and I realise some people are very particular about PPF.  But I am not one of those.  If there is a join here or there, that doesn't bother me. But Damon went to great lengths to explain their process yesterday - they use a mix of templates and custom cut PPF.  They carefully wrap into all edges and openings.  He showed me a couple of spots where joins cannot be avoided, meh.  I'm sure I will be happy with the result.  He works on some cool cars - i particularly like the restored '87 Lamborghini Jalpa.  Last time I saw one of those would have been late 80s as a teenager at Brent's in Oakleigh - we used to drop in periodically when in the area,  to ogle their fancy cars.

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

How’s the new car DJM? 

Love it.  After 1,000km in the seat on Thursday through some epic roads, I didn't want to get out of it!   Back in the Cayman chassis but with the full fruit engine and short stacked PDK, happy.

Pickup from PPF 12 Sept, throw on another 300km to complete 1,500km run then into PCB 14/15 Sept for oil change and to fit harnesses and extinguisher.  Then I'm ready for more epic drives and the odd track day.

IMG_6619.jpeg

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Max Wang has a good rep and was recommended by Porsche Brighton.  But he was very slow to respond and quoted $13,379 for full PPF which surprised me.

While i was waiting for Max, I spoke to Auto Attention in Richmond (Damon Lawrence).  I saw on Insta that he details and ceramic coats some of the cars that Max wraps.  Turns out AA do lots of wraps as well.  In fact, he has the contract for Lotus and does heaps of Emiras (2 in the workshop yesterday). 

Damon didn't want to cut Max's lunch but I asked him to quote and in the end, we agreed on $10k which includes:

• pre detail (car was filthy after 1,000km drive on Thursday!)
  • indigo blue stickers to wing end plates and front splitter
  • full PPF (including double layering around wheel arches)
  • full ceramic coating afterward, including wheels

Much better value than Max and was great to deal with.   I dropped my car off yesterday, pickup Tuesday 12th. 

I understand Max is a bit of a guru and I realise some people are very particular about PPF.  But I am not one of those.  If there is a join here or there, that doesn't bother me. But Damon went to great lengths to explain their process yesterday - they use a mix of templates and custom cut PPF.  They carefully wrap into all edges and openings.  He showed me a couple of spots where joins cannot be avoided, meh.  I'm sure I will be happy with the result.  He works on some cool cars - i particularly like the restored '87 Lamborghini Jalpa.  Last time I saw one of those would have been late 80s as a teenager at Brent's in Oakleigh - we used to drop in periodically when in the area,  to ogle their fancy cars.

Love it.  After 1,000km in the seat on Thursday through some epic roads, I didn't want to get out of it!   Back in the Cayman chassis but with the full fruit engine and short stacked PDK, happy.

Pickup from PPF 12 Sept, throw on another 300km to complete 1,500km run then into PCB 14/15 Sept for oil change and to fit harnesses and extinguisher.  Then I'm ready for more epic drives and the odd track day.

IMG_6619.jpeg

Damon is a professional great guy and Nathan is awesome also.