Cayman GT4 RS

Grimmy

On 01/03/2024 at 02:03, DJM said:

Some people need to admit that they actually desire a 996 cab for winery runs rather than an RS……..

Something you’re trying to tell us mate? 😁

PS - it’s gotta be a tiptronic cab! 

• 2 weeks later...

Have a few 4RS bits and pieces for sale. If anyone is keen shoot me a PM

bbi cage, it’s painted satin aurum for full boy racer spec. Will fit a gt4 and a gt4RS  new and never installed  

dundon front and rear camber plates, new in box never installed  

pagid front and rear pads RS29’s, again new in box  

I’ll get some pics up and pop it in a for sale section thread tomorrow  

Great to see another one on track because I am asking myself where the hell are they all?

There have been 30+ 4RSs delivered in Victoria alone and yet I have only seen 5 different 4RSs at track day events in the past 12 months. The bulk of the cars are obviously going to people who have no real interest in driving. Kind of makes a mockery of the dealers stated intent of wanting to sell these cars to people who will drive them as intended. There is another track day at PI next week and yet there is only one other 4RS attending. 

I know it's a hackneyed question but why would anyone buy one and not take it on track.

19 hours ago, WGA said:

Great to see another one on track because I am asking myself where the hell are they all?

There have been 30+ 4RSs delivered in Victoria alone and yet I have only seen 5 different 4RSs at track day events in the past 12 months. The bulk of the cars are obviously going to people who have no real interest in driving. Kind of makes a mockery of the dealers stated intent of wanting to sell these cars to people who will drive them as intended. There is another track day at PI next week and yet there is only one other 4RS attending. 

I know it's a hackneyed question but why would anyone buy one and not take it on track.

There are quite a few that track them in Sydney. We had a private track night with 35 cars last Thursday and there were 4 x 4RSs on track.

Probably doesn't help that Vic guys have to travel so far to get to the track.

On 24/03/2024 at 19:17, hugh said:

No, not really. 

PI is about an hour from home.  Sandown about 30 mins……🤷‍♂️. Must be time to get back out there….

PI is 3+ hours and Sandown 2+ hours travel time for me. So unless you have a car trailer, its a bit unrealistic to track it too often without clocking up hundreds of highway kms before you even get to track it.

16 hours ago, Panda.RS said:

Anyone here with with a 4RS on the way? Mine is entering production this week and super excited!

Yes mine is at the port about to drive onto the boat any day now! So exciting being the last ones right 😜 

IMG_2799.jpeg

Road kill at 200kph. Hit a pesky Cape Barren Goose at the end of the PI main straight at 200kph! I count my lucky stars because the damage could have been a whole lot worse. As it turned out it's mostly cosmetic. No damage to radiators, etc. Whew!

IMG_4707.jpeg

They’re a bloody menace at PI.  I copped one turn 12, years ago - it took off just as I hit the apex before coming onto the main straight and it bounced off the windscreen and made a hell of a thud but didn’t break it.  That was in a Datsun 1600 years ago.

I blame concern for geese for being 3s off the fastest 4RS times 🤣

Those two birds just kept waddling across oblivious to the world. Car not loud enough?? Maybe because the car is white they thought it their long lost cousin? 

The front splitter really lived up to its name.

Glad it is only cosmetic. New front bar and right indicator. Maybe can even keep the splitter.

3 hours ago, DJM said:

They’re a bloody menace at PI.  I copped one turn 12, years ago - it took off just as I hit the apex before coming onto the main straight and it bounced off the windscreen and made a hell of a thud but didn’t break it.  That was in a Datsun 1600 years ago.

I blame concern for geese for being 3s off the fastest 4RS times 🤣

You cant kill a Datto 1600. My first car... many many years ago.

Years ago at Sandown a guy in a clubman with a small aero screen copped a seagull in the chest on the main straight.  Fair to say that took the wind out of him…..😬.  

Copping a goose on a bike would be next level dangerous.

14 minutes ago, DJM said:

Years ago at Sandown a guy in a clubman with a small aero screen copped a seagull in the chest on the main straight.  Fair to say that took the wind out of him…..😬.  

Copping a goose on a bike would be next level dangerous.

bird bad enough!

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Just coming onto the straight (speed bottom left)

Then there was Iannone taking one out at Lukey Heights

images.jpeg-21.jpg.266ab9b696c5df3538fbd1ec3415d50e.jpg

Holy crap....Hope  both riders were ok! I wonder if they take any special measures to shoo the birds away during the MotoGP event?

10 hours ago, WGA said:

Holy crap....Hope  both riders were ok! I wonder if they take any special measures to shoo the birds away during the MotoGP event?

Not that I'm aware of.

Yeah they're ok. The innocent party in the video ended up in hospital with some injuries but nothing major, and Iannone continued on.

There's been quite a few riders that have hit birds at PI, also one bloke I remember hit a roo or a wallaby through the hay shed. That was messy, but he lived...the animal however, probably safe to say getting torpedoed by 250kg at 180k did not  

Happens at the Isle of Man too.

Top guy Ian Hutchinson headbutts a bird at warp speed

images.jpeg-22.jpg