Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

http://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/trade.php

Phwoar... some serious money in that pair!

Wow, looks like half the TCM field are selling their cars!

300k for 2 race prepped 911's + licenses for TCM. All I need is a lotto win and to learn how to drive. Or maybe a group buy and we get our 2 best PFA'era to steer. PFA race team anyone???????????

Over the next 12-->24months I intend to buy a "disposable" car, it will be left parked outside etc, and basically abused (filled with garden waste/ dump runs etc). Thats why I was here, However dont look at what I found, Look what ELSE is in the shed. Any one on here??

http://ninemsn.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Falcon-1988/SSE-AD-2750940/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

If it is someone on here - $7000 for an EA falcon? has it got a gold plated engine or something? it's got a freaking carburettor! lol

that's AU/BA/BF money, and for that you get a substantially better car (if you buy any of these I have a diagnostic computer for them)

If it is someone on here - $7000 for an EA falcon? has it got a gold plated engine or something? it's got a freaking carburettor! lol

that's AU/BA/BF money, and for that you get a substantially better car (if you buy any of these I have a diagnostic computer for them)

Russ, Forget about the EA (I wont be buying it) look what else is in the shed.....2 X Porkas & a Fezz

Over the next 12-->24months I intend to buy a "disposable" car, it will be left parked outside etc, and basically abused (filled with garden waste/ dump runs etc). Thats why I was here, However dont look at what I found, Look what ELSE is in the shed. Any one on here??

http://ninemsn.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Falcon-1988/SSE-AD-2750940/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Call me crazy but I would never be advertising that my shed has 2 porsches and a Fezza in it.  You're just asking for the whole lot to be looted.  Easy to ring, come to inspect the EA....note the security.  Come back on the weekend and help yourself to the lot...including the EA.  

My uncle had a handmade boat that was large and in charge.  He had a metal fabrication business.  The boat was locked up soundly, but plenty of people came and went from the shed because it was a business.

One weekend, the boat disappeared.  Just gone.  A one-off, handcrafted boat with thousands and thousands of hours of labour in it - never to be seen again.  Police put out a nationwide search...nothing.

Would have been cheaper just to spring for a bigger shed or at least keep the one with the boat in it locked.

I don't hate it and it does seem recoverable.  Assuming the floor pans are not rusted out.

Cashing in on the boom in values, no doubt.  SUddenly that old porsche that was OK to hack into became a lot more valuable without all the hacks.

Badged as Boxster S yet ad states 2.7 engine and no other mention of S apart from in the pics of the rear boot. Surely the dealer knows what he has? Might be someone had a sale on S badges?

I didn't even notice that, I just looked at the photos  :P

I think that was for sale on the Gold coast not that long ago(and a lot cheaper), even looks like the same photos.

Plenty of places O/S where you can buy a new roof, just depends how the old one was chopped off....

Apart from the wheels, tail, chopped up dashboard showing quick conversion and seats, I quite like it. I wonder what else lurks underneath

Lose the tail for a normal decklid and you could happily drive it around for a bit while you assembled parts and built up motivation to pull it apart.

As a basis for a restoration I have seen worse.  I think re-attaching a roof is probably better than removing and re-attaching a floor.  Assuming the floor is not swiss cheese, which is an entirely valid risk in a car that appears to have no roof option at all.

I think reading between the lines it was a Targa....so you'd technically have to find a targa roll hoop and rear glass.  Might be tricky for an early Targa?  

Yup, thought it would sell quickly.  $75k is still within the reach of a lot of car lovers and the car was in spectacular condition with very low miles.  Yes, it's a lot more $ than in the past, but try finding another one like that.