Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

87 930 - in the US (sorry)

31,000 documented miles

87 date stamped ruff wheels and intercooler

red (sorry)

asking $81k US ($107k OZ)

getting sent more info if anyone is interested 

You are becoming the 930 whisperer.... or should that be finderer.... ;)

Gents

Am I going mad?

Apparently, neither Vic Roads or SA Roads provide reports that list the previous owners of a vehicle anymore.

I remember running that exact report nearly 10 years ago for an HQ Monaro I bought from Victoria.  The report itemised every previous Victorian owner, their contact details during ownership, and the KM travelled by each owner.

I really really really want to hunt down my lost / pilfered service records for my SC. Sure a previous owner kept the service records when the car ticked over 200,000km or 300,000km. They seem like the logical milestones to keep services records from.

Any tips for young players? 

Cheers

Jono 

Privacy laws no doubt. You'd probably have to apply in writing I  triplicate, and have a valid excuse as to why you want the names. I wouldn't want some Herbert looking me up for a car I sold 5 years ago. Already had one moron giving me s..t for some rust in my Karmann Ghia that the guy he bought it from didn't disclose! 

Gents

Am I going mad?

Apparently, neither Vic Roads or SA Roads provide reports that list the previous owners of a vehicle anymore.

I remember running that exact report nearly 10 years ago for an HQ Monaro I bought from Victoria.  The report itemised every previous Victorian owner, their contact details during ownership, and the KM travelled by each owner.

I really really really want to hunt down my lost / pilfered service records for my SC. Sure a previous owner kept the service records when the car ticked over 200,000km or 300,000km. They seem like the logical milestones to keep services records from.

Any tips for young players? 

Cheers

Jono 

HQ Monaro!  You're a dark horse Jono...

HQ Monaro!  You're a dark horse Jono...

Well, my first car was an Atlantic metallic blue 1978 HZ GTS Monaro. 5L V8. 3 inch twin exhaust. It was a bloody monster. I bought it for $4K (saved the cash up all summer working in a bar) and then sold it for $20K 9 years later for a deposit on my first house. I lost my license several times in that car. Also, excellent training for dirt rallying - the tyres could barely stay connected to the road, so I spent a LOT of time drifting the back end. I miss that car. 

The HQ slotted in and out of ownership during that time. I don't miss it as much - I prefer the slightly more Australian (I.e. Less American) grille on the HZ. 

Well, my first car was an Atlantic metallic blue 1978 HZ GTS Monaro. 5L V8. 3 inch twin exhaust. It was a bloody monster. I bought it for $4K (saved the cash up all summer working in a bar) and then sold it for $20K 9 years later for a deposit on my first house. I lost my license several times in that car. Also, excellent training for dirt rallying - the tyres could barely stay connected to the road, so I spent a LOT of time drifting the back end. I miss that car. 

The HQ slotted in and out of ownership during that time. I don't miss it as much - I prefer the slightly more Australian (I.e. Less American) grille on the HZ. 

reformed bogan then?

This is the YouTube link to my walk around and start up of the HZ when I sold it.  Don't tell me the sound of that V8 doesn't create movement in your loins...

Ya can't deny it Jono. You're wearing a classic flanny shirt! (As am I as I sit here typing this!)

I have always considered flannies to be quite fashionable. Especially when coupled with double pluggers (as on display in the video).

I have always considered flannies to be quite fashionable. Especially when coupled with double pluggers (as on display in the video).

Absolutley mate. I bought 2 new flannies on sale for $7 at Kmart yesterday. Made in Bangladesh, so ya know they're quality! ;)  

Privacy laws no doubt. You'd probably have to apply in writing I  triplicate, and have a valid excuse as to why you want the names. I wouldn't want some Herbert looking me up for a car I sold 5 years ago. Already had one moron giving me s..t for some rust in my Karmann Ghia that the guy he bought it from didn't disclose! 

WTF

Absolutley mate. I bought 2 new flannies on sale for $7 at Kmart yesterday. Made in Bangladesh, so ya know they're quality! ;)  

I think you should use them for polishing cloths, cos

I wouldn't put the dye against my skin either :o

Buy Aussie flannies , if you can find them (gumtree retro clothing...)

I think you should use them for polishing cloths, cos

I wouldn't put the dye against my skin either :o

Buy Aussie flannies , if you can find them (gumtree retro clothing...)

I've bought 'Aussie made' before.  Had to buy 3XL so that they'd shrink to XL! These cheapies don't shrink as much

I wear long sleeves underneath a flanny when its cold onsite, so dye poisoning probably won't happen ;) 

Meanwhile...on the Flannies for sale in Australia and interesting thread...

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/emerson-check-flannelette-shirt/p/WCC100000000231775/?siteName=BIG+W

Only $3!  Or...if you're a bit strapped, 4 payments of 75 cents on Afterpay!

Has anyone here checked it out?