Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thinking of sending my 997 Gen 2 Rs to Richmonds on consignment soon,not too keen to brave Carsales again.Seem like a good bunch of guys

IMG_1296.JPG

How can that not sell , thats the hottest of configs and colour

Thinking of sending my 997 Gen 2 Rs to Richmonds on consignment soon,not too keen to brave Carsales again.Seem like a good bunch of guys

Not that I will ever be in the position to be able to buy anything other than a sticker from Richmonds, I went in there to have a look at a Porsche for a PFA member.

They kinda knew that by the look of me I s'pose ( ripped tradie shorts and dried gap filler all over my hands, though I did roll up in the SC, so had SOME cred) The guys there were friendly and knew their stuff about each car. Very helpful and seem genuine to be car guys

Busy day then … EOFY Rush I see

Definitely a slow down in this thread,  Very few cars I am watching are moving, yet the sellers are holding on price. Not many new listings either.

Has the pop been more of a silent but deadly.

I saw this today. It's a beautiful car. It was done some years ago and looks like it was done yesterday. It would be one hell of a drive too with that spec.

Nope still nothing happening .. nada yes nada happening .. you cant even spruke that one to us mate...

Definitely a slow down in this thread,  Very few cars I am watching are moving, yet the sellers are holding on price. Not many new listings either.

Has the pop been more of a silent but deadly.

You just need to find a 996 doner kebab and build a 996RSR for the street.

Sorry no pics or a link but I went in to duttons in Richmond here in Melbourne yesterday morning for a coffee and a drool amongst a bunch of exoticar..... And brushed past a blue 964 turbo. 97k kms on the clock. Nice condition, looked clean. What do you think, 200, 300 big ones? No! Maybe 400 big ones?. No still. Hello Johnny...An eye watering 500 big ones, folks!!! 

:huh:

Sorry no pics or a link but I went in to duttons in Richmond here in Melbourne yesterday morning for a coffee and a drool amongst a bunch of exoticar..... And brushed past a blue 964 turbo. 97k kms on the clock. Nice condition, looked clean. What do you think, 200, 300 big ones? No! Maybe 400 big ones?. No still. Hello Johnny...An eye watering 500 big ones, folks!!! 

:huh:

I'll see your 500 big ones and raise you to 600 in NSW ..... and it includes pics ?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1991/OAG-AD-14758635/?Cr=0

I actually like what they have done, although what is the go with the fake centre bonnet filler and then the real bonnet filler offest???

newbie question - why is it devalued? 

To further @Jonathan's reply, '72 is a specifically sought after year as it is the only year with the external oil filler.

I actually like what they have done, although what is the go with the fake centre bonnet filler and then the real bonnet filler offest???

That is an odd detail for the filler.  My 911ST fakey has a proper centre filler - they are not that hard to do.

That is an odd detail for the filler.  My 911ST fakey has a proper centre filler - they are not that hard to do.

Looks like the original has 2 fillers that both serve some purpose, so I presume they were trying to get the right look..

necrallye.jpg

Looks like the original has 2 fillers that both serve some purpose, so I presume they were trying to get the right look..

necrallye.jpg

I suppose if they had 2, a fake centre one gives you some froot space, but to me it is tacky. You could easily make it real, or just go with one...

I'll see your 500 big ones and raise you to 600 in NSW ..... and it includes pics ?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1991/OAG-AD-14758635/?Cr=0

Lovely car etc, but $600k?!  Do any cars actually change hands at this kind of valuation?  I think I'd rather have a 997 GT3 and a lot of change.

Lovely car etc, but $600k?!  Do any cars actually change hands at this kind of valuation?  I think I'd rather have a 997 GT3 and a lot of change.

I think you would be a very wise man Tricky … As a recent water cool convert and previously  GT3 virgin.. I can tell ya I wont be looking back at old Turbos , well other that in the rear vision mirror or Im looking for nostalga.. definatley not performance ..