Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Not sure if this is a scam or not, but a nice looking car none the less. $165,000.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-993-Real-Targa/172782707893?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Right hand drive car in Germany, but free shipping to Australia (+taxes etc).

"This Car was ment for myself to use in Mauritius, Cause of Delay in Finishing this Projekt, i am Not allowed to Import this car to Mauritius."

"Price includes layover in my guesthouse in Mauritus, accompanied free flight from Mauritius to Germany, extended Testdrive, and free Shipping to Australia."

993 Targa-1600.jpg

oh it's a scam alright 

considering the frankenporsches that pop up all the time, I actually don't hate this.  As already stated, what the 993 Targa should have been.

Going by the windscreen Demister and lack of torsion bar covers, plus doorhandles etc etc I'm going to guesss a real 993 convertible with an earlier Targa hoop and window, or a 964 Targa forward dated to 993 bodywork.  It looks relatively well done.

Edited by Coastr

This isn't in Australia, but thought it worth sharing here any. 

A burnt out genuine black 73 911 RS currently available for a fraction of the usual $1 million price tag.  Excellent buying if you have the additional budget to fix her up properly. 

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DisItems&Cat=11&locID=20

@turboT - it's almost black on black on black, and would be the centre piece of the collection you are currently amassing.

You could resto that in the street out the front of the old mans Jono!

You could resto that in the street out the front of the old mans Jono!

His Neighbours still haven't forgiven me for the plume of fiberglass dust that covered their surrounding houses.... 

But in all seriousness, the car would have been great buying. The matching engine was melted, but the car went for around $150K USD!! More than my pockets could afford, but good bloody buying for someone. 

Just don't tell the missus! ?

I have found a solution for this - restoring body work and paint either interstate or internationally.  Cheaper than the Sydney-based thieves and just as good. 

I can then rebuild the engine at home... "it's just a really big Ducati engine, baby". ;) 

The matching engine was melted, but the car went for around $150K USD!! 

I have found a solution for this - restoring body work and paint either interstate or internationally.  Cheaper than the Sydney-based thieves and just as good. 

I can then rebuild the engine at home... "it's just a really big Ducati engine, baby". ;) 

$150k? Even without the original block, thats bloody good buying for an RS

As I've mentioned numerous times, these shops that think theyre a bit special who are charging extortionate prices for paint and bodywork is ridiculous. $50k for a paint job and people just pay it? Stupid. Shop around FFS, it's not that hard

At least the owner put some effort into the photos, looks like a much better car than in the dealers ad.

$150k? Even without the original block, thats bloody good buying for an RS

As I've mentioned numerous times, these shops that think theyre a bit special who are charging extortionate prices for paint and bodywork is ridiculous. $50k for a paint job and people just pay it? Stupid. Shop around FFS, it's not that hard

The full matching numbers engine came with the car, but one end of the block was slightly melted (but the stamped block numbers were still clearly visible and untouched on the other end). Donor block anyone? :) 

Well if someone wanted to sort the engine out badly enough (why wouldn't ya?), I'm sure some engine/metallurgist guru could repair the block like what's happening to Jeff's donk. Or chuck in a donor engine and have a great coffee table made out of the original block ??

oh... how embarrassment!! :P  Well, we know what the mark up / profit line dealers work on now.. thanks guys!

UPDATE NOTE: Just for the record as the links will drop of eventually....  $89k priv, $105k dealer   :D

Edited by Philbee
adding $

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1970/OAG-AD-14758399/?Cr=2

Needs a lot of work but interesting project for someone maybe

Someome was checking it out for me today. I'll confirm the good, bad and ugly if I don't pick her up. 

oh... how embarrassment!! :P  Well, we know what the mark up / profit line dealers work on now.. thanks guys!

criminals

Seeing 930 prices have been very silly, $80k (including commish) looking great!! Like the colour.

But the auction is still 1d to go.... Hmmm, maybe will be like ebay,  a final rush? $80k...to  $2 gazillion with a min to go!!

Edited by Philbee

Seeing 930 prices have been very silly, $80k (including commish) looking great!! Like the colour.

But the auction is still 1d to go.... Hmmm, maybe will be like ebay,  a final rush? $80k...to  $2 gazillion with a min to go!!

I can go give the tyres a belt with the ole right foot if you like today.. if its your next purchase.

On another note , I do have a little chuckle at this add when I see it and his stunning copy in his advert

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=61    "Gods toy"

I can go give the tyres a belt with the ole right foot if you like today.. if its your next purchase.

On another note , I do have a little chuckle at this add when I see it and his stunning copy in his advert

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-4670370/?Cr=61    "Gods toy"

This is worth a tyre kick too - https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?cid=8&smode=0&lid=1125014 Spare motor guv.

These Lloyds auctions all seem to go the same way - ALL the action in the last 2 minutes, with a few extensions thrown in for good measure.