Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I don't get this car selling and buying caper sometimes.  9er has an '81 930 in Guards Red that (on PFA under its own thread) he is selling for a mate.  Only difference is it's Oz delivered.  Is Oz delivered with 25000 more klms worth the extra $90 grand.  I must be missing something here.  You can do a lot of repairs with $90K and maybe as it's thru a dealer there may be a limited warranty.  Unsure of the history of the one for $139,000 but $90 grand!!!

I don't get this car selling and buying caper sometimes.  9er has an '81 930 in Guards Red that (on PFA under its own thread) he is selling for a mate.  Only difference is it's Oz delivered.  Is Oz delivered with 25000 more klms worth the extra $90 grand.  I must be missing something here.  You can do a lot of repairs with $90K and maybe as it's thru a dealer there may be a limited warranty.  Unsure of the history of the one for $139,000 but $90 grand!!!

The white one is probably also converted so that hurts the value quite a bit.

If you want to see reliability of heavily tracked GT4s, check the GT4 forum on rennlist. There are a couple of known issues already, one being 3rd gear. If you're going to heavily track one I'd suggest you do some research.

64 rennlist cars have lost 3rd gear, and seemingly the number climbs by the week. Some cars with multiple failures.

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/961476-gt4-transmission-failure-database.html

In reality the 3rd gear issue is the only issue found with these cars. It doesn't effect all cars (those built after March 2016 mainly) - and they now know the problem so all replacement gearboxes are now bullet proof. Originally the boxes were being replaced by units produced from the same faulty batch which is why multiple failures occurred.

And even cars like Tim Hendy's Targa car which has a CobbTune, IDB plenum, throttle body upgrades and exhaust/headers which had the gearbox issue is still covered under warranty.

If I actually knew my car was a post March 2016 build I'd track it just to break the box and get a good replacement fitted whilst there is still no questions regarding warranty!

But mine has taken plenty of on-track punishment and never missed a beat (mines an Oct 2015 build). And as already mentioned - they are much quicker than you'd think once you learn how to steer them properly. Phillip Island 1.45 and SMSP 1.43 have been done with Trofeo R tyres. And I reckon we can get under those times still.

I love these cars. I've actually been seriously considering picking up a 2nd one so I can keep one nice and continue to use my current one in any manner I deem fun!

Edited by Snowman

@Fraz , I have one with a mild mods you can turn to RSR .. just as quick , set up better suspension wise , probably better track times and 20k cheaper.. let me have your address I will have it delivered .. ;)  Oh and you wont have to cut the cage out 

was about to say.. no word on whether it was engineered/registerable with that cage.

and golly do 18"s look waaay too big on G body cars

@Fraz , I have one with a mild mods you can turn to RSR .. just as quick , set up better suspension wise , probably better track times and 20k cheaper.. let me have your address I will have it delivered .. ;)  Oh and you wont have to cut the cage out 

Yep - this is a real test to see if these trackrats are saleable.

BTW I have a similar one possibly for sale in red thats also very quick & same as Symsy "Oh and you wont have to cut the cage out".

Yep - this is a real test to see if these trackrats are saleable.

BTW I have a similar one possibly for sale in red thats also very quick & same as Symsy "Oh and you wont have to cut the cage out".

yep! i also suspect the 390hp is a tad optimistic so yours and symsy's wouldn't be that much slower perhaps..
don't have to cut the cage out of mine.. one of the last two cars mod plated for six point weld in cage before the rules changed :(

It's raining G bodied 911's :P

The markets turning,  buyers vs investors and cash vs superfund punters.. I like, there are wins on the way up and the way down 

on the way down , we get to put very nice metal in the  garage and smile deeply at what we drive and smile even deeper that its some other fools blown cash that makes it drive so good.

Like free boutique beer and good oysters I  guess in a Porsche kinda way 

yep! i also suspect the 390hp is a tad optimistic so yours and symsy's wouldn't be that much slower perhaps..don't have to cut the cage out of mine.. one of the last two cars mod plated for six point weld in cage before the rules changed :(

yes i as said as quick , not as powerfull , 320 put down on the road on a dialled in balanced car , is just as good as perhaps the bragging rights of poorly executed 390 bhp . tHAT SAID i dont know the car in question..  Im also with you all the way .. its getting more and more difficult to fool the cops and the rego offices with modded cars.. Vic has tidied up it historic plated cars a lot and NSW will follow suit is my forecast.

Nothing wrong with the motorsport pedigreed track rat , mostly I am seeing them as better cars , but i did with my own buys make sure they had been engineered and its recorded on the rego doc. After all we are talking about hotrods , its how they perform rather than how they comply to mileage and stamps in the owners manual and most importantly that we can drive em/register em  , cos I sure as hell dont want a garage queen hotrod ...

Having driven both Darien (Ando's new toy Symsy) and AndrewW's track inspired cars (Dariens is VERY well sorted), they make a standard SC feel like a stock Datsun 1600! 

Mate stop it 1600 is plenty... Datto and Eskys rule, not even a 912 is that street tough

AMEN Reverend Symsy!

Thanks PK... I like that new title .. moved on from Chief Tyre Kicker   To REV-ER- END .. might have to fight Mc REV though for his use of trademark

Slower too ?

Oooh mate .. your on the PFA .. wash your mouth out with soap..  this aint a Dagenham swap meet mate , manners manners ;)

Done :D best get that ducktail painted.