Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

14 hours ago, symsy said:

I cant wait till the yearly round up of this page... its been a little like drinking flat beer 

LMAO - only a pom could comment on flat beer

For me, my transactions were actually in 2016 (1 sold, 2 bought), this year has flown. For me it might be 2018 when I move in the market

11 hours ago, Mike-S said:

;)

@turboTIt is the cocaine filled extra two cylinders mate that they are checking mate , come on thats the real reason for you to go back to four isnt it ?

8 hours ago, Tricky said:

Sold two (BMW M3 and AMG C36), bought two (997 S and Audi S3, ie weekend car and daily driver). If we’re only counting P-cars then bought one!

I think that counts as stopped two buys of old air cooled late comers by dragging potential buyers into another german space , just put porsche big reds on the S3 :)

That Toyota frankenstein - I curled up in the corner rocking, could not pay me $4000 to ever look at it again...

The 2017 PFA marketplace? Departed with a Turbo S, a TT, a 944 and parted some spare into an x51 and a cheap ass Boxster hottie daily /track car :Passusabeer:

Edited by Troubleshooter
mistake

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

That Toyota frankenstein - I curled up in the corner rocking, could not pay me $4000 to ever look at it again...

The 2017 PFA marketplace? Departed with a Turbo S, a TT, a 944 and parted some spare into an x51 and a cheap ass Boxster hottie daily /track car :Passusabeer:

OOh thats parting with some big metal dollars 

Preliminary 2017 Annual Market  review - 

So knowing how much I am "NOT" a man for the numbers ...and stats ..   I reckon on my count back we might have bought and sold 50 cars at best between us and we have since PAGE 888 .. good number must be a magic car portal or something .... spent a lot of BS time poking at peoples adverts,   179 pages worth in fact...

As self appointed chief auditor of tyre kicking activities.. I must say I think thats a pretty crap showing, our ratio of comment to action gang is appalling ..

You might say we are full of hot air and Im hoping for a much increased level of wallet action in 2018 , or will it be watered down by more WC cars sales as the hot air bubble may have burst.?

Thanks for your attention  but I feel it totally necessary and  important that we keep the PFA pricing and wisdom committee who frequent this page,  on its toes for the coming year and lift our game , there are a shit load of people watching us a ratio of 3:1 lurker to commenter.

8 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

I don't understand why people spend so much time, effort and money doing this sort of stuff, i really don't get it.

If there ever was a situation were this phrase ...."Stupid is as Stupid does" applies then that Car is it ..................:o

Well looks as though the RWOV white 996 that I passed up at Motor Gallery had the price dropped from $37k down to $30k today (I had negotiated a sale at $35 before finding out the RWOV bit).  Car Sales says price dropped first thing this morning, put on hold at 5.30, so looks like sold at that price.  I wonder whether I would have taken it at $30????

16 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Well looks as though the RWOV white 996 that I passed up at Motor Gallery had the price dropped from $37k down to $30k today (I had negotiated a sale at $35 before finding out the RWOV bit).  Car Sales says price dropped first thing this morning, put on hold at 5.30, so looks like sold at that price.  I wonder whether I would have taken it at $30????

What was the reason for the write-off? That makes all the difference in my mind - can be a real opportunity to get a good car cheap, or a good warning to stay clear.

22 hours ago, symsy said:

Preliminary 2017 Annual Market  review - 

So knowing how much I am "NOT" a man for the numbers ...and stats ..   I reckon on my count back we might have bought and sold 50 cars at best between us and we have since PAGE 888 .. good number must be a magic car portal or something .... spent a lot of BS time poking at peoples adverts,   179 pages worth in fact...

As self appointed chief auditor of tyre kicking activities.. I must say I think thats a pretty crap showing, our ratio of comment to action gang is appalling ..

You might say we are full of hot air and Im hoping for a much increased level of wallet action in 2018 , or will it be watered down by more WC cars sales as the hot air bubble may have burst.?

Thanks for your attention  but I feel it totally necessary and  important that we keep the PFA pricing and wisdom committee who frequent this page,  on its toes for the coming year and lift our game , there are a shit load of people watching us a ratio of 3:1 lurker to commenter.

Bought an 02 996.2 Tip today:P:P:P  The seal grey one from Autohaus Hamilton.  Will go well in the garage with our seal grey 987 we got from Autohaus too.......

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Bought an 02 996.2 Tip today:P:P:P  The seal grey one from Autohaus Hamilton.  Will go well in the garage with our seal grey 987 we got from Autohaus too.......

Can I ask how much you paid? Planning to buy a 996 or 997 in the new year. 

28 minutes ago, t888 said:

Can I ask how much you paid? Planning to buy a 996 or 997 in the new year. 

Sorry, won't say exactly how much I paid yet as deal not totally finalised yet, but my 2-3 month hunt has allowed me to conclude market pricing is along the following lines (coupes):

996.1 Tip, IMS done 100-130kms    low to mid 40's.  Manuals are like rocking horse shite.  Higher mileage or no IMS less $5k

996.2 Tip around 100kms low to mid 50's, less than 80kms or manual add $5-10k

997.1Tip around $70k

997.2 Tip around $75-$80

RWOVs less $15-$20k, think carefully about resaleability, and try to find out what was done and when - eg a car written off early in it's life must have had a very big hit, resulting in sufficiently big repair costs to justify the insurance co paying out.  If written off more recently the damage may well have been significantly less as repair costs of a relatively minor accident could still justify insurance writing off given value of car at this time.

I really didn't look too much at 997s as they were above my price bracket, so the above is a loose observation.

Generally speaking I didn't look at Cabriolets either as we already have our Boxster, and didn't want a Targa as they can be reportedly problematic at times and expensive to fix.  Interestingly, although Targas and cabs had a price premium when new, coupes seem to reign supreme in the s/h market.  Tips were, I think, more expensive new, but manuals seem to carry a price premium in the s/h market now.  

Seems to be more 98 cars, didn;t see many 99 or 01 cars listed.  Must have been a lot of black cars sold, as these probably seem to out number lighter colours  2:1

Having driven along Paramatta Rd last Saturday afternoon, I can understand why vast majority of cars must have been Tips, particularly those sold in Sydney and Melbourne, particularly those intended to be driven regularly.  I could understand manuals being purchased as weekend cars, hence the scarcity in the s/h market.

Looking forward to getting our car back to Tassie to have some fun on our roads