Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 minutes ago, Dalai said:

I bought mine 1 year and a few days ago. Do look daily to check what is on offer and prices only out of interest and actually keen if prices drop - that way I can buy another!

Only time will tell. Market definitely isn't as hot as it used to be. Hopefully it stays flat instead of dropping any further.

Demand might not be as high as it used to be either. I'll admit, As prices for other P cars drop, spending 100k on 3.2's and SC becomes questionable. I'll admit I was tempted to by a 996 Turbo too. They're ripe for the picking at the moment. Amazing cars to drive. 
I drove one after I purchased mine. If i had driven one before hand who knows where I would be!

2 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Here's an interesting one that someone's poured a bit of cash into and overcapitalised by heaps-- wide body conversion, it's back to the future, the 80's all over again! Not a bad looker either, not my cuppa but bet it goes quick;)

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/roleystone/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-911-for-sale/1175658321

$_20.JPG

Gary Kemp? From Spandau Ballet fame? ☺

Looks like a nice car

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

Gary Kemp? From Spandau Ballet fame? ☺

Looks like a nice car

Probably, looks like a Spandau Ballet interior.

you have to wonder why someone would buy one of the least sought after 911s, a 996.1 3.4 tiptronic and then throw all that money at it and then barely drive it.  If it was a crashed car that needed panel work and paint anyway and he picked it up super cheap then maybe but wow what a way to burn some cash.  Good luck getting $50k for that.

On 18/09/2017 at 2:58 PM, D2000 said:

I'm surprised this 993 hasn't sold given the black one with more kms and a broken odo sold so quickly (albeit for far less) https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-4860812/?Cr=1

That car drives like a 100km car with an immaculate history .................... so I bought it :-) and absolutely love it!!

Good job Scott! How would you compare it to your 997?

13 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

That car drives like a 100km car with an immaculate history .................... so I bought it :-) and absolutely love it!!

Good job Scott!, see the odd 993 at prices that I'd consider reasonable. How do you find it compared to your 997?

46 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Congrats.

I tried to buy this a few years ago but the seller wisely took it off the market.

On 09/08/2017 at 11:52 AM, Peter M said:

Yes, he tried selling it about 3 ish years ago and the km scared everyone off event then.  Funny how there is still a distinct demarcation where pre 993's everyone's fairly open to high km while 993's and onwards, the sensitivity becomes acute.

Also factor in that the cost of an engine rebuild will probably result in the final cost being over the current going rate for this model with the typical 120,000km that most seem to have.

I agree I see all these peeps paying big money for local /imported pre 993's with high or undocumented kms and think good for you. THIS 993 -  The owner of this car Jon whom has had the car for the last 12 years is a Hamiltons trained Porsche mechanic and a fastidious one at that. He has really struggled to part with this car mentally and emotionally even though he new it was time to make a change, he has advertised and Sold it 3 times now pulling out on the previous 2 sales due to his attachment to the car. The car has been meticulously maintained with a full trackable documented service history. This car drives beautifully, like what we call a great low km car, the engine is strong and clean with only the slightest oil leak that is easily managed. There is not a cent to spend and you could easily drive it daily............ Kudos to you Jon on maintaining an immaculate 993 its an absolute credit to you I will endeavour to maintain your high standards whilst I am the custodian. @993 @993MY QKE 9115a8aaeb9b5fe0_Version2(1).thumb.jpg.4e499c27c5b9fc1d3444c830474cd241.jpg

36 minutes ago, bear924 said:

Good job Scott! How would you compare it to your 997?

Good job Scott!, see the odd 993 at prices that I'd consider reasonable. How do you find it compared to your 997?

The 2 cars were designed and built for different purposes what I will say is that the 993 is absolutely silky smooth to drive, I massage my way through the gears listening to that unique 993 sound not caring about where/when I can get on the gas and extend the GT3's legs. To me the 993 is "driving tastefully".

On 26/09/2017 at 7:28 AM, js911993 said:

Gentlemen just to let you know the car has been sold, just sorting the details re RWC etc and waiting on payment, should be gone by the end of this week....

Overall its a great car and having been used for highway km's all is fine... Those that drove it all agreed the engine is strong, which it is but they couldnt get their heads around the high km's... Even when on the dyno a some years back it made as much power and with a flatter torque curve compared to other lower km 993's... Hhmmm me thinks they were trying to jump on the 'price increase bandwagon' seaching for a car with profit in my the mind rather than passion in the heart!

Most people generally dont know how much city driving hurts these cars due to stop/start running and higher engine temps compared to the open road moderate load cooler running cooler, they go forever!

True it was for sale a few years ago when I was almost made redundant, but I withdrew it back then when I was retained. Glad I kept as the prices have risen been and may continue to rise. Personally I think any sensible money put into then will only come add to a good 993's value... I'm not even sure I'm making the right decsion to sell it as there is nothing else I realy like as an alternative and it was a dream to own one since a little kid, but after 11yrs I don't use it....

Jon just a note to say that you have maintained QKE911 impeccably; it doesn't drive like what people think a high km car should if it had low kms on the odometer you would think it true. You were the perfect owner to buy a classic 993 911 from and I am enjoying the car immensely chat to you soon.

59 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I agree I see all these peeps paying big money for local /imported pre 993's with high or undocumented kms and think good for you. THIS 993 -  The owner of this car Jon whom has had the car for the last 12 years is a Hamiltons trained Porsche mechanic and a fastidious one at that. He has really struggled to part with this car mentally and emotionally even though he new it was time to make a change, he has advertised and Sold it 3 times now pulling out on the previous 2 sales due to his attachment to the car. The car has been meticulously maintained with a full trackable documented service history. This car drives beautifully, like what we call a great low km car, the engine is strong and clean with only the slightest oil leak that is easily managed. There is not a cent to spend and you could easily drive it daily............ Kudos to you Jon on maintaining an immaculate 993 its an absolute credit to you I will endeavour to maintain your high standards whilst I am the custodian. @993 @993MY QKE 9115a8aaeb9b5fe0_Version2(1).thumb.jpg.4e499c27c5b9fc1d3444c830474cd241.jpg

The 2 cars were designed and built for different purposes what I will say is that the 993 is absolutely silky smooth to drive, I massage my way through the gears listening to that unique 993 sound not caring about where/when I can get on the gas and extend the GT3's legs. To me the 993 is "driving tastefully".

Glad you made the right choice .. the perfect couple .. 993 and 997 if I dont say so myself ;) enjoy 

3 hours ago, James P said:

'I'm sorry, this seller is currently unavailable - please try again later...'

What is it with people selling cars who seldom answer calls or reply to messages. 

/rant off  

57 minutes ago, WOKA said:

'I'm sorry, this seller is currently unavailable - please try again later...'

What is it with people selling cars who seldom answer calls or reply to messages. 

/rant off  

Get it!

10 minutes ago, bear924 said:

I also don't understand why 'he' hasn't included any interior pictures. 

Dont need to , knows hes on a winner, all seems very very clear 31 year ownership