Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It's been used on the track but " not abused on the track".

Really?

Surely that's subjective. Some drivers have mechanical sympathy, MOST would not IMO. Even if we think we do, we're not really aware of the true strains on components until tested and failures arise. Only 2c

from the ad:

placed first outright in its class at the Porsche Club NSW 2013 Concourse display

I'd think if it's been thrashed to within an inch of it's life, it'd have all sorts of wear on the underside from running over chicanes etc. (and I'm pretty sure PCNSW judges are quite through with their judging) I'd have no hesitation in buying it

Although I quoted from 'this' sellers advert I am not questioning 'this' sellers credibility or this vehicles history, only that the comment is subjective based on level of mechanical sympathy which differs person to person.

I apologize for how my comment may have been seen in this regard. Quite an oversight to make.

Thoughts on 996 GT2 versus GT3 as a weekend/track car? Pretty rare to find - will they hold/grow in value? GT3 seems to be continuing downward slowly. I kind of like the scary reputation of the GT2, that's what a weekend car should be, something to be mastered.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-2783369

Doug,

gt3 is not a car you can use on its limit on the street and either would the widow maker, you would have to sit back, think about how big of a pair you have (or have to grow) and make that 'suitability' call yourself :) 

I have seen this car in the flesh... its neat, real neat, it wouldn't have placed with the PCNSW concourse judges if it didn't... and the club concourse has some tough competition! 

Also, it is hard to say when the right time to buy 6 gt2 is... although I can't for the life of me imagine the values going much further south.... you would have to think the future value of the GT2 is sound, it's of a good pedigree and they don't make em like that anymore!  

Although I quoted from 'this' sellers advert I am not questioning 'this' sellers credibility or this vehicles history, only that the comment is subjective based on level of mechanical sympathy which differs person to person.

I apologize for how my comment may have been seen in this regard. Quite an oversight to make.

No need to be sorry mate!

I was joking don't take it to hart. 99% of GT3's and GT2's will of been to the track at some point. They love it and you're not really going to hurt one unless you bounce it off somthing or don't service it.

Great description too! 

This is rocking horse shit .. rare

It is also exceptionally affordable collectable and appreciating drivable classic motoring at cash and carry price.

It's a rare car and a hot market so I'm sure there is a lot of interest....but couldn't at least have been pushed out on the dollies into the sunlight?

'Brisbane Garage Find'.... is that the new 'barn find'?  Or did someone just have it unregistered parked under their house?

I'm sure it will sell quickly.  It's not how I would have written or displayed the ad.

It's a rare car and a hot market so I'm sure there is a lot of interest....but couldn't at least have been pushed out on the dollies into the sunlight?

'Brisbane Garage Find'.... is that the new 'barn find'?  Or did someone just have it unregistered parked under their house?

I'm sure it will sell quickly.  It's not how I would have written or displayed the ad.

Anyone notice the rear window sticker.

cp5113602924420528846_zps23bfd5fe.jpg

At some stage that car was in Victoria and may have been serviced by Mike or his father in law at Spyder!!!

I'm on the hunt for rocking horse sh@t now.

But honestly, that is creating a conversation. That what marketers want. It will sell quickly I'd imagine at close to that price. And it has two engines.

Does the ad actually offer both engines in the sale price?  Doesn't say included, says "available".

New odometer??? Weren't they all 5 digits only?

Mine is 5 digits and also mph.

Apparently 91 f series in Australia in 73

http://www.911e.org/microsite.php?9113210699

I have seen other corroborating data.

Say what you like, I do love the color combo.

I wonder if they took the plates off to advertise as garage find?

I would have rented a barn somewhere and spread some chook poo and dust and them called it a barn find. Some photos with an old tractor, then all cleaned up. Extra 10k, easy. Plus I would have used the word 'patina' somewhere.