Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 23/06/2023 at 11:56, tomo said:

Import or not, just look at that arse, gorgeous

But on a serious note, UK cars do need to be checked carefully. Not just because of rust but for insurance write off history.

Lots of them are cat D insurance write off so the dodgy owners send them to Aus or HK to avoid the history. I know, I bought one before I knew all of that

3 hours ago, rafikdous said:

But on a serious note, UK cars do need to be checked carefully. Not just because of rust but for insurance write off history.

Lots of them are cat D insurance write off so the dodgy owners send them to Aus or HK to avoid the history. I know, I bought one before I knew all of that

Yes, Back in the day I got caught with a couple of the Jags, :(

On 26/06/2023 at 08:21, rafikdous said:

Believe they’re now called Cat N, with info below

How much value does a Category N car lose? Even if a Cat N car has been repaired competently and to a flawless standard, it will likely see somewhere between a 20% and 40% decrease in sale value, compared to a similar model of the same age, condition and mileage.

On 23/06/2023 at 15:37, Spets87 said:

Looks exactly like a GT2, and for only $80k. Absolute bargain.

But seriously, there is no other option when you put fake badges on a car, than you look like an idiot. People who don't know cars, have no idea what a GT2, or M3, or GTR, or whatever is, and could care less. The only  people you are trying to fool are people who know cars and know that it is a sad attempt at a fake. I just don't understand the mentality... 

I remember seeing a genuine 997 GT2 for sale a couple of years ago, but the owner had adorned it with GT2RS stickers and badging. I just don't understand...

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Looks exactly like a GT2, and for only $80k. Absolute bargain.

But seriously, there is no other option when you put fake badges on a car, than you look like an idiot. People who don't know cars, have no idea what a GT2, or M3, or GTR, or whatever is, and could care less. The only  people you are trying to fool are people who know cars and know that it is a sad attempt at a fake. I just don't understand the mentality... 

I remember seeing a genuine 997 GT2 for sale a couple of years ago, but the owner had adorned it with GT2RS stickers and badging. I just don't understand...

Neither did the owner ;)