Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 minutes ago, sjm said:

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 997 Series II Manual MY09 (carsales.com.au)

Always looking at Carsales etc. and wondering if pricing is ever going to normalize (to the pre- Covid depreciation curve)

Don't get me wrong, this looks a nice car, especially as not a lot of manual series 2 997 coupes were built.

With 165,453  km's it's on the high side and whoever buys it, will either keep it in the shed and not put many more k's on it, or drive the thing and risk taking a bath in the future, with even higher mileage.

Thinking 30% is pretty close to the mark, regarding over valued 911 listings.

I agree with you on this ^^ and I am huge advocate of the 996/997 era cars... but at that price, I would be looking at 991's  

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yes it has, and very well looked after (I know the owner)

Looks interesting. Couldn't see any recent service history in the books however?

Do you know who maintained it Lee?

23 minutes ago, edgy said:

I agree with you on this ^^ and I am huge advocate of the 996/997 era cars... but at that price, I would be looking at 991's  

Agree Kurt, I have a friend in MEL who will soon be looking to sell his 991.1 Carrera S for less than this ask....

25 minutes ago, edgy said:

I had a go in a mates 997.2 manual yesterday (low kms, minter). It was nice, fast, handled, great a/c etc. I’m just not sure it was fun???  Felt a little too big to be really chuckable. That said, it was all low speed city driving. Holding final judgment until I give it a proper go. 

Ps. And why are they all such boring colours!

Took me 2 years to find a 997.2 manual to buy. When one listed on carsales I called and bought it that day without negotiating the price with the dealer (not a OPC). This was back in 2018 I think, and then I had to pay for shipping the car from another state.

Anyways- I have driven the car extensively over the years, and I got to say compared to the 991 or 992 series it really feels it comes from a different era. For me, having driven many different 911's from the G series all the way to tracking 992's on Porsche drive days, the 997.2 is just the perfect gateway between the old and new.

However at the price the good doctor is asking for that 2009, I would actually go backwards and buy a 996 or even a 997.1 for a sensible price if looking for a similar driving experience.

Sadly, I do not think the price of manual 997.2 will ever correct to pre-covid levels. It may end up being a little like the price difference we see in 993 between manual and auto as the experience is just that different.

Or maybe I am just blinded by what's in the garage.

14 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

I had a go in a mates 997.2 manual yesterday (low kms, minter). It was nice, fast, handled, great a/c etc. I’m just not sure it was fun???  Felt a little too big to be really chuckable. That said, it was all low speed city driving. Holding final judgment until I give it a proper go. 

Ps. And why are they all such boring colours!

I think the thing about this era of cars is, what makes them great road cars does mask their underlying character... my 997.1 C2 was a different car with the Öhlins in it vs stock suspension...that being said my exposure on this generation of cars has been GT3 & GT3RS, as for boring colours yes totally... as for chuckable inner city driving, boy do I have something for you my friend! ;)

21 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Agree Kurt, I have a friend in MEL who will soon be looking to sell his 991.1 Carrera S for less than this ask....

Would you let me know when he is actively selling, I may have the old man looking at something of this nature soon. 

30 minutes ago, edgy said:

I think the thing about this era of cars is, what makes them great road cars does mask their underlying character... my 997.1 C2 was a different car with the Öhlins in it vs stock suspension...that being said my exposure on this generation of cars has been GT3 & GT3RS, as for boring colours yes totally... as for chuckable inner city driving, boy do I have something for you my friend! ;)

Would you let me know when he is actively selling, I may have the old man looking at something of this nature soon. 

Ok mate, I believe he is ready now. Is boring black however, and PDK. Does that suit? 

5 hours ago, edgy said:

Here's an idea, buy a 997.1 C2S manual coupe in good condition with from 50,000 to 100,000 ks.

Thinking a realistic buy in is around $90-110k. With selling mine recently that seems the price they are moving at.

Drive and enjoy and if the engine goes pop, put in a Hartech/LN engineering or equivalent motor, maybe a 4.0L. Yes it will probably be 50 to 60k but in reality Your M97 will probably last as long as you keep it.

For all the M97 faults, the noises it makes (induction and exhaust with a gundo hack) is superb.

18 hours ago, sjm said:

Put in a Hartech/LN engineering or equivalent motor, maybe a 4.0L.
Yes it will probably be 50 to 60k but it will be the best thing since sliced bread.......

For all the M97 faults, the noises it makes (induction and exhaust with a gundo hack) is superb - imagine it was a 4.L......

Now I'm listening....

On 13/10/2023 at 12:03, Burgerman said:

Hey mate, could you send me the details on this 991.1 S please, i am in Vic