Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Car is reduced in price due to purchase of Ferrari Testarossa

...and the debt collectors are knocking and my wife has gone to live with her mother.

I know I know,  I overcapitalised on the Porsche; should've consulted the folk at PFA...

Owner says no rust.

I wouldn't buy a vehicle that has had 'rust removed', as in my experience if it has been found in some areas it is lurking in places unknown.

+911

Much much better to buy one that was never in the conditions that caused the original rust it get a hold in the first place.

My first few attempts at fixing rusty cars ended up with reappearance within 12 months. Unless you strip it right down and blast or dip it, it's always hiding somewhere.

Yeah, its been around for a while, seems like a well put together car, albeit well used. However IMO seems to be priced

about right, can't understand why it hasn't moved. Being a "Hotrod" non numbers etc you could have some fun with it,

without upsetting the purists.

Considering what all that cost to do, I'd say you are right. It's even been converted from SWB to LWB. If I didn't already have too many cars, it would be a nice upgrade from mine. I'd be in the dog house big time if I bought that home. 

Yep... This car was on eBay a couple months ago or more.... Had a cage and some other gear... Lovely looking car. It ad a buy now price of 44500 i think... Not sure what the bidding got to but it was nowhere near that. Seller has the the right thing converting it back to stock... Looks sexy as!! It's still a 912 though... Where else can you get one though? Someone should buy it.

Yep... This car was on eBay a couple months ago or more.... Had a cage and some other gear... Lovely looking car. It ad a buy now price of 44500 i think... Not sure what the bidding got to but it was nowhere near that. Seller has the the right thing converting it back to stock... Looks sexy as!! It's still a 912 though... Where else can you get one though? Someone should buy it.

That fact that it's a 912 means mere mortals can afford it. So ridiculous. How is it any different from a 911 with the wrong motor in it?

yeah longhood is longhood, but this one has a normal price. would buy

nice car (though its not a 67 S) been used as god intended....though the same backdate logic seems to apply to 911 clones (912's) cost of a good original car + or - the subjective value of the mods.

Coming soon to Bowdens-:

1969 911S for $100K...
65ee0625-0106-47c2-98f5-88e3210ec0f7.jpg
NOM, but she's a smoking hot 2.3 twin plug. Colour change from ivory and also a conversion from LHD to RHD... That's why she's $100K ONO, not $200K FIRM.
Comes with a current logbook and a HUGE pile of receipts. I would swap her back to LHD, leave her black and enjoy the twin plug bark... Bliss..

why go to the effort of swapping it back? if it's done right, just leave it and drive it. looks like a cracker of a car.

cause for the few who are playing the numbers game a cracking good LHD S is worth a whole lot more than 100k back in its home state

but agreed a  good 'driver' if you got the 100K+ for it. though for 124k you could have this  http://carsales.pubcs03.carsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-1970-24271121

IMO the tangerine 912-11  SWB -LWB for half the money would give you just as much when behind the wheel.