Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Anyone noticed the very successful green 77 3.0 tarmac rally car at Autohaus? I cant get the link to work, but someone else might put it up?

The advertised engine output would make it the strongest 3.4 twin plug on PMO's ever built. 410hp perhaps, even though its hundred more than the clever guys get, but the torque has to be a typo. 290lbft would be outstanding, not 590 as advertised.

Nice little car, and good buying if you can steer it well enough. Its had a good driver in the seat to now.

The ad says 3.6 which with the right mods (GT3 crank, xtreme heads, pankl rods etc) will made 400 reliably. Depending on what class it's racing in, "3.6" could actually mean 4.0

The torque fiqure might be quoted at the wheels (where it's multiplied) rather than the usualy flywheel figure.

$34k i think he said they settled on! sounded like a good guy he said he was first so have to leave it at that! and he said that was pushing he's limits he couldn't go any lower

i didn't bother making on offer

Silent and deadly is the ninja

The ad says 3.6 which with the right mods (GT3 crank, xtreme heads, pankl rods etc) will made 400 reliably. Depending on what class it's racing in, "3.6" could actually mean 4.0

The torque fiqure might be quoted at the wheels (where it's multiplied) rather than the usualy flywheel figure.

Been pondering this. It was entered in Targa Tasmania 2014 as a 1984 car. That lets you run at 1.17 x standard capacity. 1984 being the first year of the 3.2 engine (3164cc), even though the chassis is 1977. Fair enough, lots of us do it. I run as 1974 when my chassis is1976. So maximum allowed capacity is 3701cc. You can build one of these and get 400hp, but its a big number. Autohaus are clever, and with deep pockets the owner might let them try. You'll never get torque of 590, more like half that. Even in nm it doesn't work. I think the dynos enthusiastic, or its a typo. Wont matter, if its sold. Good car.

993 Turbo , on car sales 

IF THIS DOES NOT SUIT YOUR BUDGET PLEASE DONT INQUIRE ABOUT THIS CAR.RR.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1998/AGC-AD-10902296/?Cr=0

I'm sure that was for sale late last year. Unless of course the Porsche Australia CEO owned two green 993 turbos.....

"Being a 1987 model, it also boasts the Getrag G50 five-speed gearbox, improved hydraulic clutch system and higher compression 235 bhp engine"

nope- that's negligent copywriting, being creative with the truth or a lie......an '87 is a LOWER compression 217hp car.....