Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What the....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-/321287917297?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Red crocodile skin interior?

Ferrari steering wheel?

Skull and crossbones motif on the convertible hood?

I can't possibly imagine why it didn't sell the first time around!

Who does these things to cars? Who stands back and say "yeah, that's way better"

I particularly liked "offered for sale last year , trying again now".....

What the....

Ferrari steering wheel?

Who does these things to cars? Who stands back and say "yeah, that's way better"

Not me.

Its a converted car as well as it has USA front indicator lenses.

a touch optimistic on the price.

Maybe the seller should go to specsavers?

Not me.

Its a converted car as well as it has USA front indicator lenses.

a touch optimistic on the price.

Maybe the seller should go to specsavers?

I think I would be interested in the $15k range. Assuming I could find a replacement interior for reasonable cost.

Potentially a good buy?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/AGC-AD-14943848/?Cr=18&sdmvc=1

adn this what a great color

154960324.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithi

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/AGC-AD-15093878/?Cr=55&sdmvc=1

The 996 has dropped in price significantly since shopping for my 987. I'm quite suprised.

I wonder how low they can go? It's still a 911 afterall.

What the....

Ferrari steering wheel?

Yeah all that is tacky, but he saves the day with the SPIDER SPEAKERS :wacko:

unfortunately I think a 996 may still go further

I wonder if that blue one comes with a hardtop, I heard somewhere every 996 cabriolet comes with a body coloured hardtop

Says it does in the description (I think).  I'm not sure I'd want one if I had a 996. Just seems like some annoying thing to take on and off and store!

I don't mind the 996.2 cabs they look a lot more fluid than the earlier cars, which to me, the drop top looks like more of an afterthought.

Suspect they'll decline even further based on what I see on older models... I think the C2/4 coupes (particularly manuals) will hold pretty well from now.

I'm 99% sure I looked at this car! The seller had 2 for sale but the other was a coupe,both UK cars and he had owned them for 3 or 4 years but never got them complied.

Must have sold it to a dealer in NSW….

I like this one

1979 Porsche 911 SC

6cyl 3.0L

Manual

Coupe

64,000 km

Private Seller Car

For more information on this vehicle please visit:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-2502869

Sent from my iPhone

Amanda

Well spotted.

I admire your earnest searchings!

If this is as advertised then it deserves a good home. You couldn't build it for the money, and in white, these Targas are just lovely things. If I had the room.......

I'm with you Amanda. I like this one as well.

It looks nice eh? Not sure about the 64k on the clock tho. Surely this car hasn't been driven so little in its life? Sacrilege!!!

I am more of a sucker for a '75 - 76 Sporto Targa with cookie cutters and the silver Targa hoop. Of course, no tales and must have plaid cloth seats!

Tman.

Agree the car looks outstanding and a credit to the owner, even the leather looks good.

I just have a little trouble getting my head around the 8 year gap in the service logbook where only 6k are travelled. Not sure what impact this amount of sitting does to a 993, and what needs to be done to get it sorted.

Certainly an attractive car in great visual condition.

There are some great 993 C4 S cars on the market at the moment, but seemingly not many buyers prepared to pony +$100k. I love them but struggle to reconcile their value being on parity with RSR's low km 996tt and the couple of tidy GT3s at same money.

Tman.

Agree the car looks outstanding and a credit to the owner, even the leather looks good.

I just have a little trouble getting my head around the 8 year gap in the service logbook where only 6k are travelled. Not sure what impact this amount of sitting does to a 993, and what needs to be done to get it sorted.

There are some great 993 C4 S cars on the market at the moment, but seemingly not many buyers prepared to pony +$100k. I love them but struggle to reconcile their value being on parity with RSR's low km 996tt and the couple of tidy GT3s at same money.

I suppose it comes down to whether you want air or water and the smart dealers are playing the "last of the air cooled" game.

Tman.

a friend's 964 sat for 5 years. we changed the the leads/distributor cap and flushed all fluids and away it went :)

at a 110k though.. i'd  take a 996 GT3 and keep my 30k of change ;)

Tman.

This is a huge dilemma when we get to this sort of pricing. Yes the C4S is great looking car and has all the fantastic hardware from the Turbo, however.....it is a great deal of coin for what it can actually deliver. No more powerful than a standard Carrera and not rated to be as nimble as the narrow bodies, but it is a great looking piece of kit and the last of the air cooled. At $110K, I would push up to 993 Turbo money or look at other options like Clutch said....996GT3 is a real consideration.