Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That one has been for sale for some time. I recall it coming off the market then back on. Same photos from the look of it. I guess some people are put off by the high Km's despite the rebuild, without knowing anything about it.

Strange breed the 993 buyer. Anything with a few kms on it seems to get put aside and ignored.

These cars are becoming 20 years old and will have a few kms put on them. The engines are extremely reliable, regardless of what people hear about them requiring top end rebuilds at 120 kms or so. I have 134 kms on mine and it pulls like a steam train.

That is a great deal of car for the money. Knock off maybe another $5K in negotiation and you will have a terrific weekender or daily driver.

The 993 Tip market is very appealing at the moment for those that have no need for a stick.

I'm sorry to hear that Tony, a real shame. Hope you sell it quick or slow, whatever makes you happiest!

It's already gone. I sold it back to rob at rsr. That is his listing. It's all good. There will be something to look forward to when it comes time to buy another one :) maybe one with air con next time

I'm sad to say, unfortunately yes. I had to redirect funds elsewhere and it had to go. I have enjoyed owning it and know that at some point I will get back into another p car. Will miss it though. :(

That's no good! It sold very quickly, and at a high price by the looks of it. I wonder if the over pricing of others on the market has caused this one to go for more. It's quite a bit higher than what you paid for it from memory. All good signs for 3.2 owners. There's buyers out there waiting for a good Aus delivered car and the value is definately going up.

That's no good! It sold very quickly, and at a high price by the looks of it. I wonder if the over pricing of others on the market has caused this one to go for more. It's quite a bit higher than what you paid for it from memory. All good signs for 3.2 owners. There's buyers out there waiting for a good Aus delivered car and the value is definately going up.

Yeah its way above what i paid for it... I dont know what he actually sold it for, but i think its an unlikely price as a private seller. Youd have to factor in buyers perception that buying from a dealer makes it a better car than buying the same car from a private seller. It was a good car though

I'm sad to say, unfortunately yes. I had to redirect funds elsewhere and it had to go. I have enjoyed owning it and know that at some point I will get back into another p car. Will miss it though. :(

Sorry to hear Tony. Hope that you're back in another one soon.

I have often thought about what I would do if I needed to consolidate some funds. Would I sell the 993?

Sure would. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!!!!!!!!!

I have often thought about what I would do if I needed to consolidate some funds. Would I sell the 993?

Very true Theo, have to prioritise sometimes.. will look forward to when the time comes to get into another one though.

Very true Theo, have to prioritise sometimes.. will look forward to when the time comes to get into another one though.

I must say I have been feeling very very vulnerable at work for some time now. The place I work for is going through major changes (ie outsourcing)  I'm weighing up holding on working here in uncertain times (and getting a package if I get retrenched) vs just getting out and getting another job.

The biggest issue is do I keep the boxster because it's under finance, the car has become a very expensive garage ornament and frankly, its starting to stress me a bit. When I bought it - things were different for me!

So I hear you Tony. At the end of the day tho, whilst these things are wonderful to have and own - they are just material possessions at the end of the day. When the time is right, there'll be another one for you (with A/C)

EDIT:  So its funny, I type all that out and then look at some Porsche stuff - NO WAY I'm selling my car (for now at least!  ha)

I must say I have been feeling very very vulnerable at work for some time now. The place I work for is going through major changes (ie outsourcing)  I'm weighing up holding on working here in uncertain times (and getting a package if I get retrenched) vs just getting out and getting another job.

The biggest issue is do I keep the boxster because it's under finance, the car has become a very expensive garage ornament and frankly, its starting to stress me a bit. When I bought it - things were different for me!

So I hear you Tony. At the end of the day tho, whilst these things are wonderful to have and own - they are just material possessions at the end of the day. When the time is right, there'll be another one for you (with A/C)

EDIT:  So its funny, I type all that out and then look at some Porsche stuff - NO WAY I'm selling my car (for now at least!  ha)

Hopefully everything pans out ok for you at work.. its not great when you have something like the boxster stressing you out rather than owning it for its intended purpose.. enjoyment. 

Hopefully everything pans out ok for you at work.. its not great when you have something like the boxster stressing you out rather than owning it for its intended purpose.. enjoyment. 

Thanks Tony - it's just the uncertainty that plays on ones mind.  But I know it'll be fine... 

At least you won't have lost $,   I stand to lose quite a bit - which means that one shouldn't bother advertising until they have too!

When I bought mine 6 months ago, not one 987 was under $40,000 now you get these FS

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2006/SSE-AD-2491940/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

And a 2008 for 41k  OUCH

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2008/SSE-AD-2525064/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1 

I know it's breaking rules of the (in Australia) thread but WANT

http://www.exoticclassics.com/1988-porsche-911-club-sport-carrera-c-285.htm?make=PORSCHE&

EDIT : breaking even more rules...

http://www.exoticclassics.com/1971-bmw-2002-c-284.htm?

I advise anyone who cannot help window shopping NOT to visit that site.