Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What do people think of this 996TT... Very very low k's (17,500), manual, and looks like it's in great condition but $125k is getting up there compared to the others out there, although it's certainly the pick of them all... I recall an equally nice white Turbo S going for about that price last year (or might have been early this year) down in Victoria and that took quite some time to sell. I don't know the market that well though, and would be very interested in what the consensus on 'fair value' is?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3572662

cp5463736829116130408.thumb.jpg.5427982b

Edited by JWM

What do people think of this 996TT... Very very low k's (17,500), manual, and looks like it's in great condition but $125k is getting up there compared to the others out there, although it's certainly the pick of them all... I recall an equally nice white Turbo S going for about that price last year (or might have been early this year) down in Victoria and that took quite some time to sell. I don't know the market that well though, and would be very interested in what the consensus on 'fair value' is?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3572662

cp5463736829116130408.thumb.jpg.5427982b

A good car but 30-40k above the going rate?  Hard to say.  Still, probably the only one you're going to find with those sort of kms.

As others said, I'd aim at 100k and see how bad he wants to sell.  Looks like it is in a storage shed by the photos.  Those monthly payments are probably a PITA for the owner.

I get the sad feeling I'm looking at my last chance to get hold of a good condition RHD SC for under $40k

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3513075

Can't last long at that pricecp4659862073563043805.jpg?aspect=centere

Long time since *any* unmolested 911 coupe turned up under $40k, let alone one wearing original fuchs and looking straight.   Looks pretty good.  If it is converted RHD seems like a thorough job, or wasn't US LHD in the first place (maybe Japan?).  Aftermarket air-con unit for a start which looks like RHD fitted.  Window switches correct, looks like mirrors correct and kmh speedo.

Not sure about the aerial thing.  My car is original LHD and has the aerial on the right.  I don't see any evidence of a conversion at all.

If you're inclined at all to buy, get on the blower.

LHD converted to RHD and only 180hp as opposed to 200hp Aussie one of same year and 208hp of 1981.

More salt on the roads in the US than the UK.

$40,000 for barrel scrapings.

Did he confirm US origin or just LHD conversion?

Plenty of unsalted roads on the US.  A california/nevada/arizona car will beat the glavanizing of an Oz car for rust-free-ness.

Not sure about the aerial thing.  My car is original LHD and has the aerial on the right.

My LHD 66 aerial is on the left.

That is a seriously good looking car for under 40k for someone that doesnt care about originality

Excuse my blasphemy, but GOD DAMN IT I want that silver car!!!!! 

Mate, if you're not bothered with it being converted, and just want a PORSCHE, don't even haggle the price, just pull the pin and buy it! Snooze ya lose

In all honesty here, if I wasnt attached to my 912, I would be putting it up for sale NOW for $60k with the buggered engine, and buying that 911, or the Blue one for $50k

Cheapest 993 in a long time. I like it!

Oops my link is broken  it's the purple one for $49k

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/_/SSE-AD-3578809?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&WT.seg_4=SearchAlert;PCAA

Edited by amanda