Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thanks. Yes I saw the UK car.  Somewhat sad that such a fine car has only travelled 6k miles since 1988! 

I suspect this local car will be out of my reach but I'll post more details when I hear more. 

I'm tempted to get all nostalgic and reminisce about when you get one for 100 pounds and still have change for a bag of chips on the way home but I guess we're all bored of that.  

996 GT2

Silver $405k last week lasted 4 days on market

Black one this week $500k

where to next.....? good to see the GT2 prices catching up on UK prices.  Anyone know if the silver one is heading off shore?  

Where is the 993 Turbo sitting at on today's rates? I want to buy one but what do you guys value them at? They've shot through the roof in the past 12 months, especially when just in March I thought $220,000 was too much to pay for one.

love to know where they get their "stories"

one had a new roof put on it in it's early days

2 were converted at pca to 3.4

Edited by jnr356

Where is the 993 Turbo sitting at on today's rates? I want to buy one but what do you guys value them at? They've shot through the roof in the past 12 months, especially when just in March I thought $220,000 was too much to pay for one.

$350,000++

we all could have done very well buying turbos at the beginning of the year. I looked at 2 for $180k in February...

as proved by Duttons in their ever increasing 'collection' of p-cars, there's not a huge customer base for top priced cars, but 'we' now align directly with UK pricing, and of course 25% of the increase is directly attributed to the fall in the Aussie dollar. 

A couple appeared on carsales last month - both gone in days

I had an offer to buy my car sight unseen today. The market is driving any air cooled into silly state prices and demand is high for just about anything that can be tidied up and flipped for a big profit.  No Sale!  It's mine, back away.  Besides, what do I replace it with?

Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, was a very tempting offer but I'd struggle to replace it.

Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, was a very tempting offer but I'd struggle to replace it.

What are you guys doing that I'm not??? 

i've never had an offer to buy my car! Is there anything I can do to get the offers rolling in? Are there any classes I can take to improve my chances?

I'm feeling left out  .....  :(

The prices are not surprising as we have two camps , enthusiasts and collectors. The $500k car will never be used in anger, let's face it.

It's a trophy to go with the others. As the remaining stock that actually get driven accumulate wear and tear , the rest become even more collectable.

Hard choice - GT2 or a Singer or a $$$ custom build ? Not a hard decision , when you define your "camp"!

Hard choice - GT2 or a Singer or a $$$ custom build ? Not a hard decision , when you define your "camp"!

I know ther are a lucky few out there .... but it will always be a hard decision for me when spending $500k on any car .....

Now that I've thought about it, it won't be so hard ..... I'll NEVER have $500k to spend on one! ...... problem solved. 

I know ther are a lucky few out there .... but it will always be a hard decision for me when spending $500k on any car .....

Now that I've thought about it, it won't be so hard ..... I'll NEVER have $500k to spend on one! ...... problem solved. 

I expect your SC to be hitting carsales soon with a price tag of $499,999.99 ;) 

love to know where they get their "stories"

one had a new roof put on it in it's early days

2 were converted at pca to 3.4

There are/were 2 1988 CS's in Victoria. The one in the picture sold a little while back I think. Don't know where it went to. If it left Victoria that means there is one left and the subject of the query from 'PROUD MEMBER'. Its a nice car and is a 3.2

CS+Mark+Clair+Rally+web1245384535.jpg

I receive offers nearly every week from here and overseas. Also offers of swaps for other Porsches. Water cooled 911's, Boxsters, a 2010 Cayman (that was very tempting), UK cars etc. It's been hard to knock back sometimes, yet it isn't going anywhere anytime soon

I receive offers nearly every week from here and overseas. Also offers of swaps for other Porsches. Water cooled 911's, Boxsters, a 2010 Cayman (that was very tempting), UK cars etc. It's been hard to knock back sometimes, yet it isn't going anywhere anytime soon

You must attend the same "how to extract offers from thin air" classes as the other two .... :)

996 GT2

Silver $405k last week lasted 4 days on market

Black one this week $500k

where to next.....? good to see the GT2 prices catching up on UK prices.  Anyone know if the silver one is heading off shore?  

Hi Doug, have you had any inquiries yet for yours? Whats next by the way?

That seems pretty cheap, I'm guessing it's not an original turbo. Even so, it seems to be a very good deal the way 964s are selling! I would buy if I had the budget

That seems pretty cheap, I'm guessing it's not an original turbo. Even so, it seems to be a very good deal the way 964s are selling! I would buy if I had the budget

isn't it a bitza? Definately not a turbo - check out the body panels. 89 c4 that for some reason some removed the original 3.6 , put a 3.3 instead , bolted on a turbo and a badge. Over priced hot rod?

isn't it a bitza? Definately not a turbo - check out the body panels. 89 c4 that for some reason some removed the original 3.6 , put a 3.3 instead , bolted on a turbo and a badge. Over priced hot rod?

So what do you think its worth as a hot rod?