Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

S4 presents OK in photos, Dealer says it's a UK import traded in recently and is good except for a couple of tears in drivers seat; however, what does not add up is the instrumentation & odometer reading is in Km not Mph. Not being a Land-Shark expert, is this normal or would the original instrumentation have been swapped out with a donor? Not sure on the odometer reading as the Dealer was unable to confirm any history for servicing as he says that he is waiting for the previous owner to provide a folder of receipts.

S4 presents OK in photos, Dealer says it's a UK import traded in recently and is good except for a couple of tears in drivers seat; however, what does not add up is the instrumentation & odometer reading is in Km not Mph. Not being a Land-Shark expert, is this normal or would the original instrumentation have been swapped out with a donor? Not sure on the odometer reading as the Dealer was unable to confirm any history for servicing as he says that he is waiting for the previous owner to provide a folder of receipts.

Hmmm, not sure on the speedo, but would need a new one to be in km I would have thought? Very odd that the dealer did not get (or demand) all this info at time of purchase?? :huh:

Autohaus 89 Carrera listed at $139k, now sold.

CTS 996 GT3 listed at $225k, now under offer.

CarSales Orange 997.1 GT3 RS listed at $459, now sold.

CarSales Yellow Carrera 3.0 listed at $127k, now sold.

are you kidding me...a 996GT3 for 225k. ok, the car has 14k on the clock, but is a 996GT3 Tourer really worth 225k. These guys sold an immaculate 996GT3RS for circa 200k not that long ago so how can a plain old vanilla GT3 be worth 225k. Must be a few cashed up buyers out there if they are dropping 225k on this car.

wow that's a shocker!

A tiptronic GT3 in sydeny

love the pic of the dude sitting in it with his arm hanging out...trust him, he sells used cars on Parramatta Rd.

Edited by Blue964

and what would they sell it for now?

Christ knows...I've given up trying to work out what is reasonable, under-priced and overpriced.  I tell you what...if CTS get anything over 200k for that GT3 I will put my GT3CS with 35k on the clock on the market. Anyone willing to offer me $200k plus please PM me. 

Edited by Blue964

Guess you better work on the copy. :)

I think I posted in this thread (or maybe the GT3 one) its already sold, I looked at it this morning and its a mint car, nicest 996 GT3 I've seen in a very long time.

Well F*** me with a big fat truck crankshaft. That is un-bloody-believable. Makes me seriously think about selling mine--I'm the second owner, it's a white club sport and has 35k on the clock. Has only seen a few track days and never crashed. I'm going to work on the copy but in the meantime anyone with $200k plus burning a hole in their pocket should PM. 

Well F*** me with a big fat truck crankshaft. That is un-bloody-believable. Makes me seriously think about selling mine--I'm the second owner, it's a white club sport and has 35k on the clock. Has only seen a few track days and never crashed. I'm going to work on the copy but in the meantime anyone with $200k plus burning a hole in their pocket should PM. 

what the hell...the arse has fallen out of the p-car market. it's been several hours since i opened up my gt3 for offers above $200k and i haven't had a single response.

Guess you better work on the copy. :)

I think I posted in this thread (or maybe the GT3 one) its already sold, I looked at it this morning and its a mint car, nicest 996 GT3 I've seen in a very long time.

crikey and you could have had it for approx 130k less than a year ago! (If its the same one autohaus sold)

maybe it "sold" to that scuderia joint... Can join that other yellow Porsche!

crikey and you could have had it for approx 130k less than a year ago! (If its the same one autohaus sold)

maybe it "sold" to that scuderia joint... Can join that other yellow Porsche!

nope, not the AH one. I've had mine for almost 6 years.

Re Blue964's 996 GT3,snap. I've got the same car but more track time but less klms. Nice to know another out there as I believe there are only 6 here outside of the RSs.

Hi Pork Chops, Yes, I made some inquiries with Porsche Oz sometime ago about the number of white GT3CS that were imported and they confirmed the number at 6. I'm told that several years ago one of the white GT3CS was written off. So nice to meet another owner