Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

oh the shame of it. better call paul and get him to double check but a no longer sporto sporting a MPH speedo? you 44? 

44 I wish and metrication started  in 1974 for motor vehicles road signs changed in July 1974 I did have the delivery details Melbourne I think but all info went with the car when I sold it 

Well there are only 25 964 Turbo's in Australia Both 3.3 and 3.6 combined.. VS over 250 930's? 

Autohaus has seemingly bought the White 997.2 GT3 with the blown (money shifted) engine that was up on carsales for ages being advertised at $239,000... Now up at AH for $279,000... :lol:

Was cheaper but not 100% its same car , but same story.. to pricey, I have all the ppaerwork on the melb car if someone real about buying form Moorsport…   If its that car , its realy never sucked no screw , it bent a conrod and later Proved to need a gearbox rebuild.. even the stories of that one car werent quite clear whilst in Melbourne.

I know they are supposed to be rebuilt but…!!  I think we had this debate ..would you bu a rebuilt youngish car?

don't do it unless you drive like a grandma and have a garage big enough to have at least a 1m clearance around all sides. Looks great for the first week but is a pain to maintain and after a few months invariably some areas will start to come lose. After a year it looks like a ragidy bag of shit if you use the car as a daily. Cost me about $3k from memory to get a matte black rs4 wagon (did look great the first week though)

37dc734f76afc503ef5d72ecdf2f8897_zpsbwzr

Your journey to Porsche certainly had some missteps :)

166 930's, but you are right the 964 is far rarer

the question here : how much is a VIN worth, when the original engine and gearbox and body and interior are long gone?

I've never seen a wrapped car or inquired on the costs.  Does it look reasonable?  Is it frightfully expensive?

don't do it unless you drive like a grandma and have a garage big enough to have at least a 1m clearance around all sides. Looks great for the first week but is a pain to maintain and after a few months invariably some areas will start to come lose. After a year it looks like a ragidy bag of shit if you use the car as a daily. Cost me about $3k from memory to get a matte black rs4 wagon (did look great the first week though)

My brother has had his WRX done and he is far from a Grandma. He lives inner city, car stored in a carport, drives on dirt roads and has had it for well over a year - looks mint. Not sure who or what wrapped yours T but get it done properly and its a great way to not only transform the car but also protect the original paint. 

I'd do it given the right car an/or circumstance. Cost an be anywhere from 2.5 - 5k. 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-2830465/?Cr=3

This targa 993 has been up for nearly 1 year! He just raised his price from 100k -> 110k???

Can't beat em, join em.

Holy thread revival..

Just trawling through the threads - and it's still for sale.!

Moving along..

Your journey to Porsche certainly had some missteps :)

the question here : how much is a VIN worth, when the original engine and gearbox and body and interior are long gone?

I s'pose deduct the retail second hand prices of those additions and the cost of removing the body mods, and you'd arrive at not much. Depends how much you could sell the engine and box for, plus the other bits

I reckon it should be $15k to $20k as a roller without all the crap on it? Maybe a bit more. $10k US for a good crate 912 engine from the US. 3k or more for a good gearbox. 5k or less for an interior buying bits from the US and having a trimmer fit it all (I've priced it up and its not that expensive). $15k or more for a decent paint job (if they havent hacked the guards to bits and its not a rust monster). Reckon you could get away with $60k to $70k for a nice Oz delivered RHD car if you do some of the work yaself, or add $30k for the Porsche tax at a shop. No, it won't be original, but it would be a nice early car. If you want an anal concourse car, forget it.

It doesnt really matter now, as its over $50k, so it will probably live a life as a cheapish hot rod

It was cheap when it was at $25k I think it was

Why are Cabs so unloved..?

This seems like a great car for the money..

When you talk about YOTC - are you extracting the urine or not.  What's the story..?  Why are they unloved ranga step sister.?

There are a few reasons which pertain mainly to enthusiasts and purists when discussing...

1. The cabrio is structurally weaker and flexes much more than the coupe, therefore doesn't deliver the handling and sharp direction changes etc...

2. It breaks the iconic silhouette of the coupe.

3. Has an image issue and is considered more of a 'cruiser' than a sportscar.

There are a few reasons which pertain mainly to enthusiasts and purists when discussing...

1. The cabrio is structurally weaker and flexes much more than the coupe, therefore doesn't deliver the handling and sharp direction changes etc...

2. It breaks the iconic silhouette of the coupe.

3. Has an image issue and is considered more of a 'cruiser' than a sportscar.

4. Hair raising or hair care running costs significantly more

5. Costs of counselling for ownership and personalisty dsorder gained by PFA bagging 

6. I havent even got a sunroof , Im hard core about how rigid my car is..no flex here matey..

7. You really need a decent glass back window to look out when looking back whos ass you just whipped at the lights ..the older cars fall down significantly here.

8. You need to slip slop slap and really greasy mits form sunscreen and performance car driving dont really go together