Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

And so does the add..  How about a Paypal charge back for 'goods not as described'..

Yet to see anything advertised properly on Gumtree. Most sellers on there seem to struggle with sentences let alone accurate descriptions.

Maybe it is to do with the brown furry growth on the drivers seat.... ;)

I expect the price to be "corrected" soon.....

And I guess this is a little on the high side to do an Outlaw ?  At 260k .. Really I'm not in touch with this market that much but is a car with this originality really worth that much as a coupe?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-356A-1959/SSE-AD-3542588/?Cr=0

As for Gumtree a man like me with bad typing and dyslexia I love some of those Ads they make total sense ..sentances are way overrated ask your kids

is that the ZAG car that's sat at CTS for a while? Sensible price drop. Looks like a beast in the flesh

Martini was never a classy drink though hey ?    Is it really a race/track/hotrod car or is it a good sticker kit show pony?

I know the donor parts/cars went up and the market moved , but I wonder who really has built a car thats geting to those prices in very recent times..not sure the hotrod market moved with the wave and the AC cars..

The man on the street asks , whos driven it? Its a hotrod after all it should be hot yes..  $120k it might fly

140..seems like the tops for Hotrods..they are a sitting..and there are so many variable….

I would want my own hotrod , to get some decent sports seats ….whats the go with these commonly used classic styles..I think you would be holding on the wheel a bit..I have seen it too , well whilst sitting in the corner.. Looks the part

The black on black 928 is still there from a few days ago…too!!

Once you've driven that black on black you'll never go back.

I guess its just a bit like the NOS boys….how do you store enough little extra canisters , in this instance a crate of Aerostart

Maybe it is to do with the brown furry growth on the drivers seat.... ;)

I expect the price to be "corrected" soon.....

Ah - so you've spotted the subtle camouflage of the torn/worn upholstery on the driver's seat?  Top marks for observation... ;)

Why do they do this? :huh:

I just used CEVA for a (fantastic) hot rod 911 I found in WA.  Perth to Sydney was about $850.

I just used CEVA for a (fantastic) hot rod 911 I found in WA.  Perth to Sydney was about $850.

Wow. Sydney to Byron cost me $540 !

How is this not sold yet??!

My point exactly.  Take a car worth $100,000, spend $50,000 on updating it to a newer look, and end up with a car worth $45,000

Of course, it made sense when the shell was worth $0 - as "who would ever want an old longhood Porsche" - it's funny in hindsight 

It does look like a lot of work went into this car - the whole interior / door cards seem to have been updated also.

Whatever happened to that longhood which was on the market for $75,000 after being updated by the owner of Porsche Sydney, using all genuine parts ?  It was for sale at that price for over a year.

Its a Bitza 

weird one isnt it

on one hand a hot rod but a teeny engine, yet looks like a normal carerra. The appeal of returning to original but non of the matching gear to go with it.

maybe a ZAG donor car if you could find another engine?

Or just enjoy as is and tell all your mates you've backdated your 959??

weird one isnt it

on one hand a hot rod but a teeny engine, yet looks like a normal carerra. The appeal of returning to original but non of the matching gear to go with it.

maybe a ZAG donor car if you could find another engine?

Or just enjoy as is and tell all your mates you've backdated your 959??

For me, this would not be a car to make money from but a car to slowly work on and enjoy. Strip that interior and fix up how you like it (it would be a lightweight carpet set, some new 'Lemans' style seats from GTclassic Seats, RS door cards and a bare minimum dash). I'd run the exterior as a nice G-Body Carrera while slowly collect the longhood parts for a return to it's former glory when the time comes. 

Edited by poli84

For me, this would not be a car to make money from but a car to slowly work on and enjoy. Strip that interior and fix up how you like it (it would be a lightweight carpet set, some new 'Lemans' style seats from GTclassic Seats, RS door cards and a bare minimum dash). I'd run the exterior as a nice G-Body Carrera while slowly collect the longhood parts for a return to it's former glory when the time comes. 

sounds like love. Bought it yet? :) 

Edited by turboT

How is this not sold yet??!

Probably because its a converted and backdated car, and its too cheap....apparently. Looks decent to me

The body looks to be a better fit than the red car I looked at and drove the other week too.  Especially the rear wheels being centre to the guard. I just had a look at a photo I took, and noticed the red one looked awkward. Kinda like the rear wheel needed to be moved backwards 50mm

Especially the rear wheels being centre to the guard. I just had a look at a photo I took, and noticed the red one looked awkward. Kinda like the rear wheel needed to be moved backwards 50mm

ive always thought this was due to a bitzer having a mix of short and long wheel base components. Am I right?