Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Been for sale for about 3 years!  I think it's safe to say it's not a GT3...

A real shame, I thought that white one might have been alright originally! 

Have you investigated this one - http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-3758603/?Cr=13 I thought it sold a few weeks ago actually but either I was mistaken or perhaps the deal fell through or something.

My fave colour for a 996TT.  Low klms but pretty steep price.

Re 996 tt mod xxxhp large

no association.

so much conjecture makes me laugh. Cynics skeptics forum maybe? Lounge chair www experts never been near a real car perhaps? Throw stones if based on fact but if you don't know don't invent it based on your and/or   third hand  www technical travels as you are not enhancing the credibility of  certain platforms.

.... "Tell him he's dreaming!" Applies to posters sometimes. 

#Laughaminute

Re 996 tt mod xxxhp large

no association.

so much conjecture makes me laugh. Cynics skeptics forum maybe? Lounge chair www experts never been near a real car perhaps? Throw stones if based on fact but if you don't know don't invent it based on your and/or   third hand  www technical travels as you are not enhancing the credibility of  certain platforms.

.... "Tell him he's dreaming!" Applies to posters sometimes. 

#Laughaminute

Having seriously considered pursuing that car at one point (particularly when it was advertised at 110k), the power claims seemed ok on paper on the surface based on my  www .techncial travels along with discussions had with a reputable workshop on opening up a 996tt motor. (greater disclosure on tuner and turbo specs in the add would have been nice). I wasn't  getting too excited about 700hp plus talk  (would of shifted the power curve back to the left with K16 hybrids, retune and supporting mods to suit my driving preferences, but viewed having upgraded rods being done as being advantageous given the cost to have them installed. 

1q2w3e4r and  I have been travelling to similar wells on our www technical travels and we own/ have owned 996 tt's? ( I brought one to do bolton mods to it. If you travel in those www. technical circles, with regards to the topic of 996tt's mods and performance, I would say 1q2w3e4r's full disclose of modified turbo's and their spec, ecu tuner, other supporting mods along  with 4wd dyno results and quarter mile trap times gives him a pass on being near a real car (appears to have /  had a 997 GT2 by his sig) don't you think.

Both he and I are just calling out and throwing stones at the reason that was posted for their not being a 4wd dyno chart to support the horsepower claim. 

I found related posts of interest given the car is for sale, I had considered buying it and it has not been sold for over 12 months and am surprised not more examples for sale are modded (at least tune and exhaust)

Been for sale for about 3 years!  I think it's safe to say it's not a GT3...

My fave colour for a 996TT.  Low klms but pretty steep price.

996tt was up for sale a couple of months ago, for circa 123k, taken off in about a week, then came back with pricing based on the pack at the time, eg 130k, Blue one when to 139k, follow the leader, blue one back down to 130k, that one didn't play ball.

Stock levels at seem to be back at normal levels eg late 2014 / 2015, few more colours (blacks), auto's, but not seeing much movement

Apparently there is a blue GT3 in Sydney and the owner claims its auto from factory~!! I call Bull!

He has appear on cavilling cars and coffee before 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGe-3aV9kcY PFP have removed that video of the gt3 and made a shorter version. 

That is Bora from this forum. It's is obviously not a GT3. It is a 996.1 with a 996.2 light swap.

That is Bora from this forum. It's is obviously not a GT3. It is a 996.1 with a 996.2 light swap.

Ahhh... If remember correctly the youtube video had comments and I was reading it. The person that posted up the video did say and replied to a few comment stating that it's a GT3 but how is it possible that because it's Auto. I laugh when I read his reply stating that it's a real GT3 rare. lol

https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-924-1979/SSE-AD-3932608

i think this is really cool, but it doesn't seem to be built on a turbo 924? 

Hard to value? Tazzie?

being Easter bunny time gotta love it for the brown alone . Though if it's been built off an N/A starter pack 924 then deeply aspirational even if well executed. Also not certain a  GT kit is worth 15k.

on the other hand if it's a S1 turbo ( unlikely) buy it

for comparison. This was bought with a truck load of spares earlier this year on PFA http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-924-Turbo-Carrera-GT-replica-Project-/301895493970?nav=SEARCH

Edited by michel

Each to their own but IMO that is hideous. 

After RUF probably one of the more respected German 911 tuners.

I'm a little extrovert so I could live with the exterior -  but I'd have to start smoking crack to sit in it!   

What were they thinking?

Maybe a dumb question but what is the Qld mod plate for if Ausi delivered, engine enhancement?And you would have love safety yellow

Aus delivered as a 4S - all the mods Techart did are covered in the Mod plate (rollcage the most obvious then Supercharging)

That car has been around the traps quite a bit, used to see it a lot in my chosen paint shop as it got re-sprayed often on the rear guards from paint chips from the race track

Edited by Boxer

What a bargain! 

I thought it must surely be a typo, but with the price confirmed no less than 3 times at $470k in the add - WTF?

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/_/SSE-AD-3939552?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

What a bargain! 

I thought it must surely be a typo, but with the price confirmed no less than 3 times at $470k in the add - WTF?

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/_/SSE-AD-3939552?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

"Honey im trying my hardest to sell the car, the market seems slow these days!"

What a bargain! 

Seems legit :rolleyes:

"Selling due to nagging wife" Seller contact name "Rachael"  Didn't think it was legal yet in Aust?