Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Clearly a car for someone that wants to blend in with the crowd. I could be tempted at $1000, but $15,000 are you kidding me...I guess at that price the owner must also be throwing in an original Ken Done painting from circa 1988 

You tell em Mate;is?R0UlC__vzSkpvFmKwl0Gfri_HX1PQJHKUGTfQ

The difference being their tatts are rooted deeply in their culture and are therefore enduring and significant.  Unlike the current generation of retards tattooing barcodes on their necks.  My greatest regret if I die before my time is not to see these shortsighted morons regretting the hell out of their tatts.  Used to be you were a social outcast if you had even a modest tatt so what consideration has been given to the pendulum swinging back.  But what do I know, they'll be 25 yo baristas living in Fitzroy or Surry Hills for-eva.  Or working for minimum wage in security at 65...

Blue, everyone enjoys a tattooed slart so no shame there.  We just hope it's not our daughters right?

Looks nice, but 200K for a Mid-year backdate (also looks like it might be LHD as I think I spied the top of a steering wheel in one of the pics)....

And an advert for a Porsche with only 2 lines and no information .....

That is sooooo last week ..

Yep love this one.  There is also a UK SC Targa that claims to be 'unforgettable in luxury and performance'.  I bet.

Nothing's for sale , evidently?

I looked at a barn find MB Grosser today , and was offered it's immediate neighbour 70s Roller for 5k. But I've got my junior plutocrat's cars now, so I passed.

how much was the Grosser?

It's interesting as it's 'unforgettable in luxury and performance'. 

UK import SC Targa for $50k....maybe I'm out of touch but that seems nuts.  I once looked under a 997 UK import and was shocked at the rust a few years in.....

As far as rust is concerned each car should be taken on its merits.  I have a UK car and it's been in WA since the early 80s so presumably escaped the ravages of the UK winters as it is 100% rust free.  But buyer beware as usual.  

how much was the Grosser?

I could tell you,  but would probably have to kill you, such was the nature and secrecy of the barn and circumstances.

Money was not discussed. If you have to ask...

Can you rebuild 6.3 V8s and service the km of hydraulic pipes?

A car with two alternators demands respect. Restoration would be like restoring an aeroplane.

I think the entry point on the grosser is pretty irrelevant.  See the Jeremy Clarkson bit where he bought one and showed his first service invoice.  A power window switch was in the many thousands.

Restoration would be a life's work, the parts bill would cripple even a corrupt dictator and then your stuck with a many-ton thirsty vehicle with no specific use apart from being great at chauffeuring.

The difference between a cheap Grosser 600 and an expensive one is nought, as what you saved it will cost you to fix. Great cars and I would love one but hideously expensive!

Same engine in the W109 300 SEL!

Restoration would be a life's work, the parts bill would cripple even a corrupt dictator and then your stuck with a many-ton thirsty vehicle with no specific use apart from being great at chauffeuring.

This is how I often imagine, rightly or wrongly, 928 ownership to be!:D

Edited by Peter M

this is literally within a km or so of my house , looks oddly like mates old car that recently sold? Though not the same car. . Scam ? Joke? Real?

now says sold anyway, so time to kick another can 

Edited by michel

The difference being their tatts are rooted deeply in their culture and are therefore enduring and significant.  Unlike the current generation of retards tattooing barcodes on their necks.  My greatest regret if I die before my time is not to see these shortsighted morons regretting the hell out of their tatts.  Used to be you were a social outcast if you had even a modest tatt so what consideration has been given to the pendulum swinging back.  But what do I know, they'll be 25 yo baristas living in Fitzroy or Surry Hills for-eva.  Or working for minimum wage in security at 65...

Blue, everyone enjoys a tattooed slart so no shame there.  We just hope it's not our daughters right?

Sorry for putting this in the marketplace but this is so funny, our eldest son has had tatts since he was old enough and some of our friends were aghast at the idea, and some low socio-economic jokes were thrown our way (we aren't from that background not that there is anything wrong with that), you know the ones, bogan tatts for the boys and tramp stamps for the girls. Also comments like how can we let him get tatts etc, they're so ugly, if my kids got tatts i would'nt go out with them and they would have to cover them up, well my missus and I thought it was hilarious when their daughter's got tatts, this was a few families involved and the girls are nice kids but the funny part was how quickly they changed their outlook when it was their girls involved and they got their tatts in stupid places as well which i thought was even better, everybody is quick to throw stones until it involves themselves.