Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I agree with 9-er. Unfortunately some people still underestimate how much all the missing items cost to replace nowadays (both buyer and seller).

Finding correct seats, steering wheel, door cards / arm rests, etc on top of that is a time consuming and costly exercise. Anyone purchased a set of G-series Sport Seats lately?

Spoilers, Fuchs, tool kits...the list goes on. Then add our weaker dollar into the mix if you're sourcing O.S.

Restoring a tired car is one thing, replacing all the stuff that's been swapped out is where things really get out of control.

Finding correct seats, steering wheel, door cards / arm rests, etc on top of that is a time consuming and costly exercise. Anyone purchased a set of G-series Sport Seats lately?

Geez Roy, sports seats are pricey. These need quite a bit spent on them as well:o

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-930-Early-Recaro-Sport-Seats-911RS-/331833308111?hash=item4d42ce73cf:g:OhwAAOSw3mpXEpCH

Hi all,I am considering offering my 1983 Aus delivered 930 for sale.At the moment the cars on the market seem to vary in price and condition somewhat and I am looking for guidance as to pricing on my car.

The colour is Slate Blue with a Dark blue interior,mileage is 168k.

Log books and extensive history file with receipts detailing  most of the servicing and work performed over the years

I would  describe it in excellent condition cosmetically and mechanically

It is currently fitted with a K27 and Fabspeed intercooler but I have all the original components to revert back to stock.

Would a number starting with a two be realistic?

I am unable to attach photos on this forum due to old age ( me and my computer).

Regards Pete.

I agree with 9-er. Unfortunately some people still underestimate how much all the missing items cost to replace nowadays (both buyer and seller).

Spoilers, Fuchs, tool kits...the list goes on. Then add our weaker dollar into the mix if you're sourcing O.S.

Restoring a tired car is one thing, replacing all the stuff that's been swapped out is where things really get out of control.

depends if you are restoring it (i've seen anal retentive types be picky over date stamped wheels ffs) or just getting enough original impact bumper gear to make it look period correct. 

the latter would not cost that much imo. I think i have door cards and bumpers in the back of my shed somewhere..

Hi all,I am considering offering my 1983 Aus delivered 930 for sale.At the moment the cars on the market seem to vary in price and condition somewhat and I am looking for guidance as to pricing on my car.

The colour is Slate Blue with a Dark blue interior,mileage is 168k.

Log books and extensive history file with receipts detailing  most of the servicing and work performed over the years

I would  describe it in excellent condition cosmetically and mechanically

It is currently fitted with a K27 and Fabspeed intercooler but I have all the original components to revert back to stock.

Would a number starting with a two be realistic?

I am unable to attach photos on this forum due to old age ( me and my computer).

Regards Pete.

short answer

yes

but get all the stock bits back in

Edited by turboT

heard the CGT sold on the knocker at 45, which was the original ask 

$5k over any imaginary knocker ,I suggest.

Thanks for all the interest.
I've dropped the price to $40,000 Australian Dollars
I'm open to offers and keen to sell it, downsizing to a smaller garage soon!

Not sure the buyer was in tune with CGT values 

Edited by 9er

They don't even mention # km's in their ad.

Because it doesn't help their proposition maybe?

Looks like 202,000km from the photo of the slightly crooked speedo.

I thought the market had softened a little but at $129,000 they're certainly not giving that impression.  Would be a nice car to own by the looks.

I've given up looking at Carsales nowadays but did sneek a look a few days ago and was surprised at the number of air cooled for sale.  Was also surprised at the number of so so ones and the limited number of really really good ones, like this subject car.

Anyone know anything about this car?

993 C2S manual is a rare car although not sure whether its a LHD to RHD conversion or a tipper to manual conversion or both?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1997/SSE-AD-3977356/?Cr=6

165K ?

Do not think it is smart giving the key number out to everyone 

Thats an ok price isnt it , especially compared the  crazy 3.2 at healy factory!!!

whats the critics say?.. a car that may have a few acne scars -UK rust but was already RHD or a USA …converted… not all the states are that dry you know :)

someone has put a deposit down and seeing it this afternoon. 

This was a big miss. 89 - last year of the 930 with the 5 speed. Bargain price. Watch this space for flipped car with Fuchs added.

asking....let's start at $180k

Don't forget .... new tacho added with boost gauge ..... just to appease all of those buyers that would be uncertain about its originality and past experiences.

Edited by Dreamr

Don't forget .... new tacho added with boost gauge ..... just to ward off all of those buyers that are uncertain about its originality and past experiences.

Yes, I was third inline this morning. Engine swapped for 964 engine.  Looks like an aftermarket intercooler.

No delivery books. Some history since the import in 1998 but none before that.