Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What turbot said above .....

There were a lot less Carrera 3.0's made and that is what makes them more valuable than an SC and a later 3.2 Carrera.

As we all know ..... in the Porsche world ..... rare = $$$$$

3.0L carrera utilised the turbo engine (minus the turbo obviously) and produced around 220 -230 BHP. SC's stock were around 204 BHP and not as lively, this is a key criteria as to why they are more desirable - the 3.0L Carreras as a result were the highest powered naturally aspirated 911 until the 3.2 carrera landed (road production cars that is). So this plus the limited numbers adds to the value equation. @Pork Chops you need to take one for a drive and I'm sure you will notice a difference in terms of engine dynamics/response.   

There is no doubt I'd like a c3.o but sometimes I think we overstate the difference with the SC's and maybe forget the extra power comes at the expense of torque at the rpm most of us drive at.  Using Porsche data

76' Carrera 3.o

Compression ratio - 8.5:1

200hp at 6000rpm

255Nm at 4200rpm

1120kg

>230kph

0 to 100kph - 6.5 seconds

0 to 1km - 27 seconds

81' SC

Compression ratio - 9.8:1

204hp at 5900rpm

267Nm at 4300rpm

1160kg 

235kph

0 to 100kph - 6.8 seconds

0 to 1km - 26.8 seconds

So definitely not chalk and cheese objectively but I don't underestimate the different feel of the lighter crank and peakier cam timing on making it feel "faster" and more exhilarating.

I'll take your word for it James - that article confused the hell out of me!

Yours is a 77?

My C3 is 1976 delivered built in late 1975 so to confuse your more different markets had different tails, my car has the rubber tail on it at the moment but was it delivered that way???  its Japan delivered so again who knows. I have both tails so i will be fitting the fibreglass tail as it looks better...

CIMG2829%20copy_zpswh2ajtk9.jpg20160229_131812_0%20copy_zpsfkfpnewu.jpg

My C3 is 1976 delivered built in late 1975 so to confuse your more different markets had different tails, my car has the rubber tail on it at the moment but was it delivered that way???  its Japan delivered so again who knows. I have both tails so i will be fitting the fibreglass tail as it looks better...

CIMG2829%20copy_zpswh2ajtk9.jpg20160229_131812_0%20copy_zpsfkfpnewu.jpg

to confuse things further turns out the green 3.0l is a converted car...

not the right tail for a 3.0 is it?

Not only is it the correct tail, it's the best looking 911 tail ever produced- without the secondary grill that the 930s have.  

This tail also appeared on the US Spec 'Weissach' edition 911 SC, which were only available in platinum metallic and black metallic.  Other SCs have the carrera tail fitted as an optional extra-  though sorting through correct factory tails is a long and sordid affair.

996 manual cabriolet for $37k, although i'd set aside some cash to return the rear wing to a less bizarre place.

http://www.carsales.com.au//private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/SSE-AD-4005833/?Cr=3

Oh my god, Darwinism is alive and well - can you imagine the drag effect of that bolted on piece of crap spoiler when the rear wing of the 996 deploys at 120......

Just wondering how low your IQ has to be to think of that in the first place.........

Oh my god, Darwinism is alive and well - can you imagine the drag effect of that bolted on piece of crap spoiler when the rear wing of the 996 deploys at 120......

Just wondering how low your IQ has to be to think of that in the first place.........

You want one ...... don't you   :ph34r: 

If any one of those UK delivered 930's sell I'm breaking my piggy bank and going to Japan.