Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Is this what GT3's are worth these days?

Who knows? Let's see which of these sells first:
Dutton 996 GT3 CS with 24K km, asking $250K or the CarSales 996 GT3 CS above with 41K km and asking $163K.

Both these cars are super-low km examples. Of course the Dutton example is factory original while the other has lots of RS options that might not be everyones cup of tea.

That really is absolutely stunning. But for almost the same price, you can buy a 996 Turbo with 114K km on the clock.

And for less than double the money you're into low km 996 GT3 territory.

less than double is still $70k and 15kms is a totally different ball game to 114k. I think it offers value at that price and compared to the turbo and GT3. My 2c.

Can someone explain to me what Im missing here? Was originally @ $123k... 

Its called inflated … however it is a 3 litre without the SC  outlook and looks the same pretty much but Im told tastes different

or is that inflation , 8 years in storage im not sure thats good or bad ...

Hey everyone, just saw this ad for a 924 on gumtree and I wanted to see if anyone could tell more about it. ..

The ad is for a 924 but it has a 944 badge on the back and looks like a 944 .. it has been advertised as a 1981 model and I'm aware that the 944 started in '82 so it seems to be a 924 but maybe someone stuck a 944 badge on the back? It seems a little but suspicious and I don't know enough about the physical differences of the 924 and 944 to be able to tell which one it is ...

Is the seller's information wrong or has the badge just been stuck on?

Here's a link to the ad:

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/1981-Porsche-924-No-Badge-No-Series/OAG-AD-12738700

It's a N/A 924 dressed up in its older brothers ( CGT and a bit of?) jammies. Could be some  fun with a bit more  to whip it from cafe to cafe  ... how do you spell cosworth?

Edited by michel

Can someone explain to me what Im missing here? Was originally @ $123k... 

How do you know it was previously at $123k?  Do you remember when it was previously listed, or has the price on the ad changed, or something else?

How do you know it was previously at $123k?  Do you remember when it was previously listed, or has the price on the ad changed, or something else?

Came up on my alerts with that price when this ad was first put up in its current sales cycle. So yes, ad changed.

Edited by BlitzKonig

Well thanks for all the replies on this question.  I feel much better informed now.

Do not know if this helps but the 76-77 carrera 3 was not sold in the U S it was pretty much the same as the previous model but fitted with a 2994 cc donk basicly the same as the turbo motor without a few bits of course , produced around 200 BHP @ 6000 rpm, It was some 307 cc bigger than the previous donk.

Edited by tomo
spelling

A sample of one,  no matter how funny or possibly telling is toms does not equate to anything substantial ...yet. But the fervour and voraciousness experienced recently is mostky past  

but a lot has been sitting for a while and stuff that is selling has more realistic pricing. Growth phase seems to be well over. Sellers just left trying to figure out where values sit and unless you got something really special I recon this could be as much as 30% less than perceived (hardly ever realised) pricing. Case in point with 964 4's being advertised for well over $110 a few months ago..

that said, 930's seem to be bucking the trend and just getting more and more valuable ;) 

As a friend of mine in real-estate says in a softening market " The buyers take the lift and the sellers take the stairs"

Last year I recall a 912 in Slate Grey for sale ( SA I think ) - Seller was very honest about the car i.e.: condition etc

I still lament not buying the car - Did anyone on the forum buy it

Is it being restored etc????

10%. 30% and or 85% of cars ....are numbers/descriptors freely chopped and tossed and reminiscent of a Sunday lunch at sizzlers.

What's a given, is pricing shifted and irrespective of the hopefully awaited price correction, we are all paying more than we did.

So don't hold your breath,  nor lament the one that got away and larf harder when retelling the good gazumping you got at next opportunity. 

But do buy em and do drive em....

i reckon our own resident 'kochy', Smit could give us  a market wrap up... Just got to wait for him to come off shift 

Last year I recall a 912 in Slate Grey for sale ( SA I think ) - Seller was very honest about the car i.e.: condition etc

I still lament not buying the car - Did anyone on the forum buy it

Is it being restored etc????

I did help the seller get a price more reflective of the market interest in these little fellas. As it was orig paint I'm hoping it got a big bore kit,, decent seats and a vintage speed exhaust system and is harrying slow moving 911's next Sunday ?

Edited by michel