Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Was it not playing with fire by...........

- DMS Automotive performane upgrades - flash tune (performed by Eurotune) 505BHP and 505 LB/FT torque, improved daily driveabillty and performance.

thoughts on this

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2004/SSE-AD-4083701/?Cr=1

Better and cheaper ways to actually flash and play with fire in today's environment.  I just brought a Cobb accessport for USD $895 plus shipping that got thrown in with a bunch of parcels of car bits.  I brought it primarily for diagnostic purposes (eg reads and clears fault codes) and medium to be able to flash custom tune files from down the track .  Also has a few steak knifes thrown in for no added cost  in terms of digital gauges (temps pressures, afr's and I also asked nicely if a stage 1 and stage 2 flash tune can be loaded on it and thrown in for good measure.   I reckon the stage 2 tune file with my freer flowing exhaust  may get me just shy of those those numbers quoted. For the purists, after I register the unit, and go to flash the stage 2 tune, it will store the stock ecu tune file in the unit and then override it with the stage 2 flash.  I can reflash back to stock whenever I like (probably never) 

So my thoughts are

1)  playing with fire can be somewhat cheaper these days, note the value above I would place on that

2)  Today, yes I would be enquiring about where is the spare, in addition to asking where are the spare original turbo hollow twists

3)  However, perhaps give it another 4 weeks.  Why?

Since the first advertisement last week, its trading at a discount of  6.5% over the first week.   Its on the right trend line in terms of  price signal in terms of trajectory.  In terms of price, I reckon if it holds that  - 6.5% per week as a straight line trend (doesn't go binomial, flatline or reverse its trend upward (like the revigourised blue 996 turbo add has done on us, with its  9.2%reversal  increase)  and extends  over the next  four weeks, assuming the only spare provided is those hollow twist rims, that's a 32.5% discount to initial public offering.  Some in the the market would see that as insto wholesale pricing, but I seeing that price as still being retail.  Regardless, at that point it is definetely worth considering putting a buy order in just shy of that price point and after a DMS PPI and vetting of those  reported hp / torque numbers  via a dyno (eg alternative way of checking the hoses are in good shape, eg no boost leaks for piece of mind).  I'm tipping you aint going to see those numbers on a dyno over three runs,  but if you do, thats a good indication of a pretty healthy car and will give it a strong buy rating at that point.

4) May have missed the boat, but as you appear to be in considering a highly speculative purchase and have an eye for playing with fire, if you had some balls and put your 100k in ticker code PIO last week, you would of cashed out today with just enough to be sending me a note saying F%^& your trend analysis ,"Boys, look what I brought" today and who gives a toss about any spare.

Edited by smit2100

Something that continues to amaze me is people not bothering to make a decent ad with decent photos,....??!! http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928s4-t-bar-auto-5lt-v8/1115801863

"All serious buyers should make me an offer" well go on then ;)

Anyone having trouble with carsales of late? I cannot get into their website and have had a few issues over the past couple of days?

Something that continues to amaze me is people not bothering to make a decent ad with decent photos,....??!! http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928s4-t-bar-auto-5lt-v8/1115801863

"All serious buyers should make me an offer" well go on then ;)

Anyone having trouble with carsales of late? I cannot get into their website and have had a few issues over the past couple of days?

It just dropped to under $20k

Add says 250,000kms odometer says 285,000kms!

Marketing campaign by Tom? All I see is pictures of him "hooning" in his car and suggestions of unreliability, needing to be in the garage. Of course he will spin it as evidence of good maintenance, but we know how reliable these old turbos are ;)

edited to say - OMG. I have just given him another opportunity to flood the thread with his marketing ...:(

Edited by Simon Nelson

I hope its not a broader trend, but on paper this one does seem quite good for the money. I'm hoping to inspect it when the seller's back.

Good luck with it. Looks like a lot of car and in good nick for the money.

2016 year of the 928 :)