Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/southport/cars-vans-utes/1989-porsche-928-s4-oz-delivered-grand-prix-white-full-books-vgc/1115991999

Get the aircon regassed! Whenever I see 'aircon needs regassing' I equate that to 'aircon is screwed and will cost a fortune to fix'

yeah, just like 'needs a tyre balance' == 'suspension and steering completely flogged out'

I could do with a zero f##ks 911, Did it have any major rust issues when you had it apart from what i can see in the photos?

No major rust issues, just had a pin head blister below the rear window (LHS). It did have crows feet and required paint back when I sold it early 2012, it looks like it has been left outside all that time and the moisture has got under the paint.

It is missing the rear reflector (I supplied a replacement) as my old man put the ride on lawn mower into the back of it!

I also fitted a 964 fender mounted oil cooler up front.

It looks like I still know this car better than the current owner!

Hope this helps.

Apologies for the slip up Michel, I was trying to pay attention but I'm naturally cautious...Someone picked up a good project, not one you were interested in flipping?

no need to apologise Hugh, obviously forgot my smiley face, ?  Who amongst us here and including the lurkers, hand on your still  beating CDI didn't feel a stirring and a rush of blood and went for the phone? 

I was laughing not at you Hugh, but at the odd silence on this pretty thing, thought it'd have got the wags going. Suspect we were all either speed dialling ( including me) , and felt too furtive/guilty  to post our findings here or maybe we were right royally jacked by mr fingers ... Cue turbo

Edited by michel

1991 944 S2 now listed with CTS - $36k - looks nice, as it should at that price, but I have a sense of deja vu - didn't they have a red S2 for sale not long ago?

Anyway, will be passing by on Monday and will have a look - if its still there - these don't seem to hang around

Just re-pasted the ad to bump it up. Air con is working fine now. Will amend ad shortly. :D

FIXED.

Oh the PFA Nay sayers and the big pointy stick… Good On ya closed down all the GAS Bagging around your car..

Just gotta sort those tyre kickers out now and get those wheels balanced ;)

Make usre there are no spelling mistakes in that rewrite

Oh the PFA Nay sayers and the big pointy stick… Good On ya closed down all the GAS Bagging around your car..

Just gotta sort those tyre kickers out now and get those wheels balanced ;)

Make usre there are no spelling mistakes in that rewrite

Tyres all balanced, the rumble and earth shattering vibration is from the engine! :P

Do own up did one us/you buy the 356 at Tullochs …. 91k plus fees for a big pile ..well I was gonna say pile of  metal ..but Im sure one of you guys would correct me and tell me there wasnt much metal left!!!

Brave buying.., I gotta get myself some bigger testicles

Do own up did one us/you buy the 356 at Tullochs …. 91k plus fees for a big pile ..well I was gonna say pile of  metal ..but Im sure one of you guys would correct me and tell me there wasnt much metal left!!!

+1

i've restored worse, but have no desire to go through the process again!

The thing I see with that 356 is that they're getting harder and harder to find, and prices are going higher and higher. The cheapest is a 356b, converted from left hand drive, for $145,000. 

Any photos of it?  $91k seems like a lot if you are saying it isn't/wasn't running or easily drivable. 

You'd be better off getting on thats already up and going you can drive an enjoy then going through the time and cost of a resto.  

EDIT:  Never mind, saw the main photo on the auction site, I think you'd have to take odds on it when you dipped it if it came back in a bucket.  

Nope, $91k including fees. 

Word on the street, said 74 Carrera Targa is missing compliance plate, books, etc :ph34r:

Maybe the owner was trying to create an auction frenzy all along so people wouldn't do their proper checks?

Do we know any more about this car if it sold & what $$$

Still playing out I believe. Latest 'missing bits' info may change things. It also may be designed to throw people off. But a quick check with the owner will confirm either way.

Sounds like you may know the purchaser or getting the word on it... keep us informed 

I didn't even bother calling even when i spotted the MFI engine & it was at $39k

Still playing out I believe. Latest 'missing bits' info may change things. It also may be designed to throw people off. But a quick check with the owner will confirm either way.

Looks like the same car that was purchased from an estate in SA few weeks ago?

The thing I see with that 356 is that they're getting harder and harder to find, and prices are going higher and higher. The cheapest is a 356b, converted from left hand drive, for $145,000. 

I know a b sold for 90 last week , fuly operational and road reg

I have a 74 compliance plate if you want one ..

Why is it that people selling wheels never know the ET,  rim size, rim width, and seem to give you the tyre size ,When you  ring the answer is " Duno mate they come of a Porsche turbo i think"

Why is it that people selling wheels never know the ET,  rim size, rim width, and seem to give you the tyre size ,When you  ring the answer is " Duno mate they come of a Porsche turbo i think"

Guilty! (as you know! ) I got one right, as it was on the label inside the wheel ;-) 

Someone could stand there and show me, yet I'd still not 'get it' :-)