Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Hello from London,

the last few days flew by and I have been unable to post as promised. Am now at Heathrow on the way to Milan - had trouble getting out of the Sofitel in central London as the gay pride parade was on.........

will post pictures of my other Porsche as promised when I get a chance, its on its way from Perth; I'm using CEVA - have used them before from Melbourne and Brisbane with no dramas. I will also introduce myself properly when I get back (that's 3 weeks form now though) on the right thread and post a bit of a background as well.

Been reading the various posts on this thread about value etc.......my 2 cents worth is it is sometimes hard to accept new prices for things you remember being much cheaper in the past. I refused to buy a Ferrari 308 a while back at $40K (admittedly a few years ago) then bought my first one at double that and my pristine QV at more than triple that because by the time I decided I wanted one prices had moved. ALFA 105 coupes have more than doubled as well for good ones - many die hard ALFA guys will tell you people are crazy buying them at these prices. Alfa Montreals have more than tripled as another example. It looks like Porsche prices (in particular 911's) have been the same. Are all these worth these new prices? My answer is yes if people are paying. As an enthusiast/collector I'd prefer cheaper entry prices but it is what it is.

Anyway my other comment is more an observation regarding my sale process for the Targa - some people go to a lot of trouble to email and tell you how wrong you are, how your car isn't worth the asking, how they knew the previous owner and he sold it for half the price asking now etc......... now I am car sales almost every day as a passion/hobby and some forums. I follow a few brands. I wouldn't dream about contacting a total stranger to tell them they are wrong/dreaming/lying etc I may contact a seller for more details or to express interest.....I would prefer to use my time enjoying my hobby .....I have been amazed this last week at human nature and reminded why I have preferred in the past to use dealers to move any car I want to sell (Cummins Classic Cars - Jeremy's a top bloke, Shannons or Frank) it can be stressful fielding these calls (I haven't actually fielded any, I'm getting them second hand but I do get the emails). Forum chatter is somewhat different I guess as it is a bunch of enthusiasts commenting generally (usually) and I can choose to avoid to listen if I so wish.

I wanted a original early Targa and I got one - then I realised I didn't want one. If I overpaid that's my problem and I'm ok with that. For now all is good. If the cars doesn't sell at some point I will restore it either all the way or tidy it up a little and enjoy it.

I was going to start chatting about 993 Turbos but I'm boarding soon - I remember CTS offering me on at $140k not that long ago......

Cheers

Emmanuel

Once you've wasted a year of your life on PFA mate you'll realise it's basically entertainment and goading each other is all in jest. Don't take the haters that seriously. Most of them are 928 drivers (see what I did there) or SC owners that are pissed they missed the exact point in Nov 2015 when they could have offloaded their car and for $20k more got into a 996 GT3 :) . 

Many of us have CTS stories - could have bought half a dozen 993tt's for sub $200k early last year - looks like prices of those are dropping through.

Anyway. You're in London. Go buy a couple of Porsches with those cheap pounds and give us another week of entertainment on the virtues of owning rusty cars ;) 

Market is weak, abundance of stock for even gt3 of any generation

Sellers are unrealistic, buyers are even more so and only putting money down for a stellar deal, then comes the media with everything else to feed doom and gloom

a few of the main wheelers like cts n duttons have shifted a few high price cars very recently. it seems the turnover is still there.

They've also dropped their asking price across most of their stock. And turnover is limited, as you might expect at any museum.

that's really nice... One thing I don't get with a car that's $120,000 is:

'Overall the car is in very good condition with only a few very minor detail issues.'

If I were selling this I'd fix these so I could advertise it as an excellent car with no issues . Then I'd feel really confident with an asking price of $120,000

I wonder how the Gosford car lot is going?

I don't know but talking to someone today who advised that everything is for sale and the business model they are using involves turning over 20 cars a month and the "museum" label was just a way to ease the journey to gaining development approval for this venture.

When you consider the owner's background all this sounds very plausible and explains the basic exhibition arrangements.....

their prices are very high so even with a discount i'm sure the prices are still up there :blink:

Indeed, comparison of 993TT prices shows by just how much. They might be particularly good examples with lower-than-average mileage but the premium is still around 30 %.

Once you've wasted a year of your life on PFA mate you'll realise it's basically entertainment and goading each other is all in jest. Don't take the haters that seriously. Most of them are 928 drivers (see what I did there) or SC owners

As a one foot in the middle aged grave pom , you forgot to add "amateur hour trolling" and "kar-aoke" DIY methods,  that won't leave your fingernails dirty or turtleneck snagged ;)

Once you've wasted a year of your life on PFA mate you'll realise it's basically entertainment and goading each other is all in jest. Don't take the haters that seriously. Most of them are 928 drivers (see what I did there) or SC owners that are pissed they missed the exact point in Nov 2015 when they could have offloaded their car and for $20k more got into a 996 GT3 :) . 

Many of us have CTS stories - could have bought half a dozen 993tt's for sub $200k early last year - looks like prices of those are dropping through.

Anyway. You're in London. Go buy a couple of Porsches with those cheap pounds and give us another week of entertainment on the virtues of owning rusty cars ;) 

hey, I don't have a 928!

And I didn't want a gt3!

Is your resolve to be the PFA number one poster waning turboT.... ;)

928, you know you WANT one! :P