Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Ooh thats nice!

3.6 would be fun in that!

+1 I also like it.

Probably all comes down to what P car you want for your $120-130k. Find and buy a matching number FSH G50 and keep it as an appreciating investment/garage queen or get something like this and join the Eastern suburbs Outlaw gang and 'get out and drive it...'

If I had a spare $120k (and I don't) for a fun car I would have a crack, as dreamr says you couldn't build it for that...

Build it for, is almost like , what its cost new…. vs what will it be in England vs what they cost in the states … or maybe how much would it have been worth if I held on to it.

How many of your pre voting ..heaviliy tax dollars is it worth!! ;)

Ok im off to vote..  and I say 100k …anyone know the car or seen it ..

Feeling tenacious.. I want burn rubber and fossil fuels at the polling booth , in front of the Greens candidate , wearing my other cars a porsche t shirt and sneering at the labour candidate…cos you just gotta hate the rich..especially us poor bastards that have worked for it and didnt join the union. Hopefully my burn out wont spin out of control with my damaged tyres from my poorly managed one nations roads and hopefull I wont be running over the nationals and liberal MP's 

So I bid you good day as I'm off to be a member of the land of the free…thats is free as long as you vote cos if you dont we will fine ya .. I suppose it gives a good reason to get the car out the garage. I did post in Vent Too.. Rant over just feeling a bit micheliin flat today

Tell me more on the black beast, anyone sniffed it , driven it , dribbled on it ..I must confess I do like it 

Ok im off to vote..  and I say 100k …anyone know the car or seen it ..

Feeling tenacious.. I want burn rubber and fossil fuels at the polling booth , in front of the Greens candidate , wearing my other cars a porsche t shirt and sneering at the labour candidate…cos you just gotta hate the rich..especially us poor bastards that have worked for it and didnt join the union. Hopefully my burn wont spin out of control with my damaged tyres form my poorly mamaged roads and running over the nationals and liberal MP's 

Tell me more on the black beast, anyone sniffed it , driven it , dribbled on it ..I must confess I do like it 

Who you voting for Symsy, only one party left you haven't canned www.australianHEMPparty.com and you do live just down the road from their headquarters.......Surprised the "people" there could even smell your tyres over the other smoke, are the booths no shirt no shoes no service? Oooh that black beast very very nice...Zags are usually advertised for 120 or 130 seems to me ..... are they fetching about 110?

That is cheap, let us know how it goes for you. 

Nah..  Will let this one through to the keeper.

It's probably a good solid car, well it is - it just needs too much work to make it near decent.  Lots of niggly cosmetic attention needed, rubbers, switches, interior trim coming away etc.  Solid driver, pulls well - broken odometer, so who knows how many KM's really.  Hail damage, the list goes on.  More negatives than positives..

Get in a drive the hell out of it and live in fear of something going BANG, and until that day enjoy it for the average car that it is.

Nah..  Will let this one through to the keeper.

It's probably a good solid car, well it is - it just needs too much work to make it near decent.....  More negatives than positives..

Get in a drive the hell out of it and live in fear of something going BANG, and until that day enjoy it for the average car that it is.

agreed - 7k - way too much (plus what it costs you to RWC & Reg it) you would spend a fortune trying to get it back to a half decent daily.  Given the owner is a mechanic he will just have "kept it running".  If you could pick it up for a song it might be worthwhile but otherwise...........

That ZAG car was only listed in the last 6 months ??? someone must have saved that ad?  Zag do panel paint ok - no doubting. So do a bunch of others.

If not done by zag how much would you pay for an old transvestite 

It seems to me that Zag's have lost their novelty factor and I am not at all sure this car is worth what is being asked. It is based on a 3.2 Carrera and has a 3.6 engine. So it is missing all the little refinements that come with the car based on a 964, like the Wong Dynasty car which has been on the market forever at $138K, and while I wouldn't buy it for that money, it has to be worth over $8k more for all the nice 964 benefits. So, in comparison, i think this car is over priced compared with a 964 based car.

Overall, the Zag's I have seen come on the market recently has proven hard to sell. Since the peak of interest in them, demand in the market generally is weaker. I can understand somebody having a car built to their spec, but to then buy somebody else's "dream" means you need to compromise. If you really wanted a car like this, and you buy the donor car carefully, how more would you really pay? To me, buying a car like this is far more of  personal thing than a standard car, so the the relatively small amount more, wouldn't you be better ff doing it from scratch?

For me, this is a $100-110K car, and even then, maybe I am being generous. Forget the Zag name. Just read the headlines. It is a 3.2 carrera with a non original engine, a body kit and retro interior. How would you normally price that?

Edited by Simon Nelson

if it was 100k i reckon it would sell tomorrow.

It seems to me that Zag's have lost their novelty factor and I am not at all sure this car is worth what is being asked. It is based on a 3.2 Carrera and has a 3.6 engine. So it is missing all the little refinements that come with the car based on a 964, like the Wong Dynasty car which has been on the market forever at $138K, and while I wouldn't buy it for that money, it has to be worth over $8k more for all the nice 964 benefits. So, in comparison, i think this car is over priced compared with a 964 based car.

Overall, the Zag's I have seen come on the market recently has proven hard to sell. Since the peak of interest in them, demand in the market generally is weaker. I can understand somebody having a car built to their spec, but to then buy somebody else's "dream" means you need to compromise. If you really wanted a car like this, and you buy the donor car carefully, how more would you really pay? To me, buying a car like this is far more of  personal thing than a standard car, so the the relatively small amount more, wouldn't you be better ff doing it from scratch?

For me, this is a $100-110K car, and even then, maybe I am being generous. Forget the Zag name. Just read the headlines. It is a 3.2 carrera with a non original engine, a body kit and retro interior. How would you normally price that?

non original is better than original, not really a downside.

rust free, good paint, better engine, G50 box.. way better than original.

that said, i would never buy an original car, a bit boring for me (slow? slow revving? i don't know), so collectors might value it lower?

Edited by clutch-monkey

You are a lucky man, clutch-monkey, because the the sort of car you seem to want is usually valued down by the market. That means you don't have to pay as much as everybody else for your ideal car :D

There are a whole host of cars on Carsales.com.au that have non original engines and body kits, and they sit around for ages and ages not selling, even at a discount.

I think there is a real problem valuing the Zag cars. They are a lot of money for what they are. There are guys doing the same thing in the UK, just as well, for far less money. It is actually worth sending a car over there (on a carnet) and bringing it back with the new body and paint. You can get the whole body done (well) for around AU$ 21,000, which is what some charge for a full respray over here, and that includes wheels! For another Au$10,000, you can get a stunning interior in it as well. 

I have no issue with non original cars as such, so long as they are priced accordingly. And I stick with my comment that I cannot see why you would pay more for a 3.2 Carrera with a non original engine, body kit and interior, unless it is exactly what you would do and you are buying it to save the money of having to do it yourself. I personally thonk that anybody who thinks they will get their money back on a backdated car is dreaming. 

I should add that I see the hotrod and specials market rather differently. Then you are valuing something unique, a one off. And some of those really do increase in value.

Simon who are doing these quality backdates in UK you mention? 

Zag has had a simple formula . Not sure you could say specification,  as it sort of implies there is a distinctive menu to order from? Though a lot of their cars do seem to feature an S front end, and a 3.6 jammed in the back end. In principle a pleasant drive. Though from the admittedly few I've personally seen,  the in between appears highly variable in the detail. 

Btw was caleb's orange 964 backdate a wag production? 

Edited by michel

Who you voting for Symsy, only one party left you haven't canned www.australianHEMPparty.com and you do live just down the road from their headquarters.......Surprised the "people" there could even smell your tyres over the other smoke, are the booths no shirt no shoes no service? Oooh that black beast very very nice...Zags are usually advertised for 120 or 130 seems to me ..... are they fetching about 110?

I voted

the motorist party because thats in my genetic blood line 

the sex party because they are the best but dont tell your wife

the hemp party , alwyas good for adeep discussion but sometimes give off funny smoke signals

the renewables - kind the same as the hemp party thats renewable, just as long as they dont back solar cars

then the greens and golds   I think thats what they called themselves  .. I lost count when i ran out of fingers on one hand ..

OZI OZI OZI

So bag to ZAGDATES

110 hmmm yeah ok for black beauty , but i still ask , whos patted the car or even better ridden in or o the beast

and Tangerine Dream or the as I call it the Clock Work Orange Timebomb

I WILL AND I AM SHOUTING AND AS IM NOT SURE YOU HEARD IT BEFORE AND IM A HARD BUYER BUT NOT NORMALLY ONE TO KNOCK CARS HARD

BUT THIS ONE NEEDS A HEALTH WARNING - ORANGE ZAG ..IS PRETTY TOPSIDE ..ITS THE UNDERSIDE YOU REALLY REALLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT 

Saw this peach on Facebook for sale

13501550_10154264154996873_3548182648003

Noice ..how many beer tokens were being asked for this fine chariot and one would be presuming thats its of a precious metal kind not a 24 karat plastic variety? I knew Fakebook could offer some value to a persons life. LIKE ;)

This GT3 looks quite sharp also , dont fink you lads have discussed this one..

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2007/SSE-AD-4109545/?Cr=18

Oh and its raining silver ..if you wanna buy me lunch you can borrow my car trailer and tow this baby home for $600 ..924 hounds

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kyogle/cars-vans-utes/porsche-924/1116901321

265,000 tokens if beer tokens cost $1 each

Plenty of pics available, yet there is very strong interest by the 'I have lots of beer tokens' kinda people

Hmm think I will be staying with the beer theme playing the old bottle top rattle only tonight …Lee

Frustrating times looking for a car nut looking to buy a fine bit of english motoring tottie and help fill my coffers and all these tasty german morsels float by 

Lets hope theres something intresting on the telly tonight…. did any of you take your porsche down the polling booth ??

Cos remember you may as well make it fun 

11493_540110229379814_763568107_n_zpszfb

Edited by symsy

I voted

the motorist party because thats in my genetic blood line 

the sex party because they are the best but dont tell your wife

the hemp party ,

My wife voted for the Sex party, seriously. Though I confess I didn't know anything about it , and afterwards she wasn't keen for me to google educate myself using the terms  "sex party" and "videos". All good though!

yes, I posted it in gt3 thread the other day, awesome spec.. You should buy it. 

I need rid of a silver car and red car Edgy, I live in a trailer park at the moment.. Im basically at the stage where the I cars have to be put into the trailers 

Although the idea of  GT car to drive to and from the track is getting kinda more and more novel.. but theres a few sticky points beyond the parking and i will call that the great undoing ... I wouldnt have to buy a new 4WD thats in progress and I wouldnt potentially need tow the bloody trailer i recently bought  and then I wouldnt potentially fix the thing  and have it in the middle of the garage for weeks…. when I come home ..

There must be a finacial advisor who can talk me through this one .. The Mrs accepted a 10k trailer purchase , purchasing her a second car so I could take the 4WD and  she would still have a car to drive and has since accepted the repair bills to the 4WD and now the ESKY in the sick bay ....lets just say that little lot is a 30k down payment and its my shame I have to climb over…tracks/racing a very worthy pursuit in a womans ideas.

Relationship counsellor required!!  And carbonara and handbags havent fixed it