Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Didn't intend to start the ol' G50 vs 915 debate was just noting the differences as the cars were very similar. :D

Although I do find it funny the G50 owners never quote their engine's bhp figures correctly when espousing the virtues of Borg Warner synchromesh...:P 

Enough dick wangling, back to the market place!

Edited by Peter M

Not quite end of the week but looks like its appeared at CTS for $285K - How right you were

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic7.html

Close but no cigar. Not the same car.

$189k for an Aussie red 930 sounds like a bargain compared to that one and their other 930 at $285k - and also compared to their $170k '85 Carrera and $170k  '86 M491. I wonder why no-one has snapped up their blue '85 Carrera for a measly $115k.

new @ CTS 

'84 3.2 Carrera 133,000km's $170K

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic8.html

7porsche930carrerazinc_zpsj5kkxqjh.jpg

Very curious to see how this goes as it's only done a few more km's than my mint 87 (mine 127,000kms) that I purchased from CTS and both are multiple concours winners.  Mine being a G50 though.

are you looking to sell @Diamond911?

some people prefer the 231hp and the 915...others the G50.

either way $170k is a bucket load.

are you looking to sell @Diamond911?

some people prefer the 231hp and the 915...others the G50.

either way $170k is a bucket load.

@D-banger  Not a chance mate. Always curious how the market is going for similar minty specimens.  I love jumping between my 928 auto V8 and the G50 flat six too much :D

Unless I am mistaken this was previously advertised as a 750hp car and sat around on market for months at, I'm guessing, $125k?  Smit, market analysis thesis please.

Cheap price and big HP - I'd be nervous........

IMG_2266.jpg

But if it checks out mechnically it would be a "cheap" way to drive very very fast.  Trev - add a cup wing, raised suspension and rally tyres, it is 4WD after all.  

Edited by DJM

Wow - I stand corrected ( I was wrong ) Same combination and exhaust 

Must be a full moon with the Red 930's coming out for sale

I think that 1985 is a great buy - Great colour 

Nah just New Moon 

No - as I said a half a dozen pages ago, I thought at the time "I like it but if I buy this I will never be able to sell it, who the hell would pay $50k for a 964 backdate"

Don't take investment advice from me is the lesson - but I have heard that Ansett,  Enron and Dick Smith are good stocks to jump onto  if you are looking for a tip

Unless I am mistaken this was previously advertised as a 750hp car and sat around on market for months at, I'm guessing, $125k?  Smit, market analysis thesis please.

Cheap price and big HP - I'd be nervous........

IMG_2266.jpg

But if it checks out mechnically it would be a "cheap" way to drive very very fast.  Trev - add a cup wing, raised suspension and rally tyres, it is 4WD after all.  

@djm.  Yes not the same car as the WA 750HP claimed artic silver car.  That had much better disclosure (x1000%)  on parts and mods and based on the photo's oand description provided.  The pics of the turbo's in that add, and the 30 plus psi manual gauge boost gauge  with a Porsche logo that I sighted all added weight to the headline claims.  I have never been a sceptic on the paper claims of that car.   eg the hardwear capability on paper matches the headline thesis (on a dyno, perhaps another story).  The turbo's and wastegaste setup appeared to wiff of hybrid k24;s  and I reckon very very smart setup having access to plumbed 30psi plus manual boost gauge (Porsche logo on it, - anyone know where do you pick one of those up) to read off that is independent of ECU boost reading which I understood won't record anywhere near 30psi.   Who would drop coin on a 30psi  plus boost guage setup unless your turbo's are capable of running those boost levels to support the hp thesis.

As you seem to be, I am left wondering what constitutes subtle engine upgrades to improve power.  Does that mean motor has been opened up.  Or are bolt ons like diverter valves, intake mods, considered engine mods.  Frankly, I am surprised to hear engine upgrades to improve power and no mention of a tune, mounts (engine and tranny mounts - aged / even new stock 996 ones one are useless) or wiff of suspension tweaks being perplexing / disturbing.   Maybe its all show and no go over a stock one or its go matches its show (nothing subtle about the wing and the rims and the number plate)  and the list of mods is too long that the owner wants to talk about his car to buyers as opposed to trying to sell it by disclosing them.  If its the latter, seems very cheap if in good nick. If it was me, I would have been at least all over the exhaust tips with some wool polish before taking the pics if I was selling.  Seems to me, its been driven at least, how very very fast, who knows based on that add.   Each to their own, but as you know, my thinking is diametrically opposed to that example in terms of using the terms subtle.   I'm into more stock as rock to the untrained eye even if you lift the bonnet.  However once on a hoist and you have a view from underneath, its not all as it seems and the go punches well above its show weight.

Edited by smit2100

Guys....One of my mate may sell his Aus Delivered 964 c2 Manual in grandprix white, very clean honest car, done about 200k Kms, engine rebuild by Autoart in Melbounre less than 10,000 kms ago,  have reciepts for $30ks plus. How much do you guys think it worth?

$145,365,91

Thanks for valuing my car. Will come in handy at insurance time! 

74 green Targa at Hahndorf.  The old when it doesn't sell at $150k lets have a crack at $230k instead on Gummie trick lol

Yeah, I don't get the guys mentality with that car

He'd know exactly what's being said about it, and the people with the neccesary readies available know all about it, so it doesn't take a genius to realise its not going to sell at the stupid prices he's talking.

Some people are just greedy

Yeah, I don't get the guys mentality with that car

He'd know exactly what's being said about it, and the people with the neccesary readies available know all about it, so it doesn't take a genius to realise its not going to sell at the stupid prices he's talking.

Some people are just greedy

2 things to note. I believe he has received bids in excess of $150k and it made me smile to see his comment "will not reply to emails due to scammers". I am beginning to wonder who the scammer really is;)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fyshwick/cars-vans-utes/1980-porsche-911-sc-coupe/1119659667

1980 SC for sale. 212,000 kms and converted from Sport-matic to 5 speed manual. Only asking $90,000:o

Well if he wasn't so greedy and accepted the offers of what I believe is stupid money for what is in essence, a Targa that needs work, I may have some sympathy for him. 

And before anyone says 'Its worth megabucks', I really don't care, as I think its overpriced, and when its restored, will probably never sell for the 'estimated value'