Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

thats weird  - that guy just 'instagramed' me (nothing to do with mammograms tassie). 

by way of reference the silver 79 at CTS with about 90,000kms reportedly sold for $230k

they've come down in price... Selling yours? I still want one but I'm too fussy and need an immac 930.

thats weird  - that guy just 'instagramed' me (nothing to do with mammograms tassie). 

As I own 3 fully grown sons I have no problem understanding any computer issue or term :)

Hasn't "instagramed" got 2 ems?

Have you had your manogram yet ? You'd be at that age?

does it go underground or up above?

that was our can crushing experiment over the weekend. Supposed to drive out and another pops up out of the ground

Was around $600k the last time I think

The only 'modern' Porsche I lust over

seen a couple of them - not a big fan. A bit plastic looking

Edited by turboT

I just like the styling and colour of the Sport Classic

you used the word 'lust.' I had assumed pants were down :) 

new price on the CTS wide body

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic2.html

met the owner of this one over the weekend. Nice chap - price drop too?

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic9.html

Edited by turboT

This Sport Classic has been in Dutton Museum so long it's almost a, er, museum piece. It's "just" a Carrera S under all that fancy Porsche Exclusive Works bodywork and hand stitching, after all. And for about the same price as a 991 GT3RS.

I don't get the 'sport classic' although it doesn't annoy me as much as the new 991 'R'. But hey, Porsche need to give people with too much money excuses to continue to buy more expensive cars and it seems to be working perfectly. 

Well played Porsche, well played! ;)

I don't get the 'sport classic' although it doesn't annoy me as much as the new 991 'R'. But hey, Porsche need to give people with too much money excuses to continue to buy more expensive cars and it seems to be working perfectly. 

At least Preuninger designed the 991 R to be a lightweight, road-biased car, in keeping with the philosophy of the '67 911R; in my opinion, the Sport Classic is just a 2.7 RS/RSR backdate re-imagining by Porsche's Exclusive Works department, based on the 997.2 C2S. It therefore annoys me much more than the 991 R! My $0.02.

Edited by MezgerMan

Funny, but the 991 R is the first car Porsche has made for a while that i am actually interested in. Call me old fashioned, i don't want a flappy paddle box, however much it might be like a race car. I also really like the lack of a stupidly load rear wing. Add to that the fact it is lighter than the RS, has specially developed suspension, upgraded from the GT3, in order to make up for the lack of rear downforce, a cool interior and the RS engine, rather than the standard GT3 lump it's a very attractive package. Theybhave also removed a lot of the sound proofing and it is meant to sound fantastic when driving. It can also be ordered without aircon and radio, a true lightweight unlike the overweight and over sized GT3 and GT3 RS.

The 991 R isn't a marketing ploy but instead, it is the first time for a long time that Porsche have actually listened to what some of their customers wanted. It is a real drivers car, for the true enthusiast. Most of the reviews have been totally raving about it. I would put a lot of money on the fact that this car will be the true "must have' of all the GT3 and GT3 RS. It's Porsche getting back to basics and what's not to love about that.

The Sport Classic IS just a marketing ploy by Porsche aimed at the well healed as mentioned, the SAME as the 911R, and probably every other over priced, exclusive, limited edition car they have, or will produce.  Whether one likes either of these cars is up to them. I like the LOOK of the thing, and really don't give a toss what it's based on, and would buy it if I was filthy rich

The Sport Classic IS just a marketing ploy by Porsche aimed at the well healed as mentioned, the SAME as the 911R, and probably every other over priced, exclusive, limited edition car they have, or will produce.  Whether one likes either of these cars is up to them. I like the LOOK of the thing, and really don't give a toss what it's based on, and would buy it if I was filthy rich

Sport Classic is a toss.  An ugly toss.  991R is overpriced and a mater class in price gouging, but I like it.  It's a very fast and capable car.  Makes me wonder what my GT3 might look like sans wing.  Sort of like the 993S.  Wide body but no ugly Turbo spoiler.  Each to their own but good luck if you buy that Sport Classic...

The 991 R isn't a marketing ploy but instead, it is the first time for a long time that Porsche have actually listened to what some of their customers wanted. It is a real drivers car, for the true enthusiast. 

I think your getting the 991 'R' mixed up with the Cayman GT4. :ph34r:;):D