Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The interior is beautiful cork coloured, very 70’s, and very unique. Something different from the “run of the mill” black interior.

But black is a somewhat practical colour ; you could argue the white exterior is "run of the mill"?

The 912 @ $35k might feel a bit high - but really everyone was saying the bag of bones :) UK 'S' that sold for 59k is an ok price? . I think we all are a bit fond of price speculation and hope we are buying the next 'RS'

I think the 912 is one if the first 1000 made and possibly an early Porsche not karmann built car.

Though putting aside the issue of a correct interior and exterior scheme as the paint is meant to be ok and an acceptable period colour ( quality paint job by a recognised painter back in the day and a 'quality leather retrim) the front seats are naff, but you can sit in them.

Once the car is sorted and hoping not much more to spend ( engine : gearbox suspension miscellanea?) could have made a good buy .car comes with a stack of NOS parts to put into it.

I believe it went to someone who'll spend the time to make it right

Except for the whale tail that's a nice looking car, should go fast. I like the clear lens idea might have to try that

But black is a somewhat practical colour ; you could argue the white exterior is "run of the mill"?

So what are you saying about white 1978SC's with whale tails eh! Lucky for you two that this is a cyber format or I think we might be stepping outside to carry on this conversation:-)

So what are you saying about white 1978SC's with whale tails eh! Lucky for you two that this is a cyber format or I think we might be stepping outside to carry on this conversation:-)

All for whaletails!! Just not turbo tails on narrow body's!

Have a feeling this car was on Current Affair a while back. The guy got scammed into buying a car that was un-registerable in that state.

I recall a very similar (possibly same?) 72 on ebay about 6 months back...

Thanks Trev, do remember anything else about it... price, if it sold, anything that stood out with it good or bad, etc? I did a search and found that it was listed on ebay, but the link is too old to call up the listing now or any details about it.

Probably not the greatest selling point - "as seen on Today Tonight"

poor bugger..

Plus it was returned from the Police Compound with a seized engine..... :(

How would that happen ....I wonder......(not)