NA or Turbo?

Pauly

NA or Turbo  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Porsche na or turbo?

i had to resist the urge to add 'rainbow unicorn vtec' as an option :/

having never owned a turbo car I can't really comment, have driven quite a few and it'd be a quick way for me to lose my license

In 2000 a 993 turbo was about $20k more than a 4S and I figured I couldn't seriously exercise the power of a turbo. So I bought a 4S and for 4 or 5 years that was fine, eventually I learnt to drive a bit better and realised that the 4S was 150kg heavier than a 2S which contributed to my times. A little bit later I progressed to the stage of really using my car and realised it is possible to really thrash a Porsche, then I wished I'd bought the turbo.

Turbo -= massive addictive shove from monster torque. Easy tuning for more grunt. First time Passengers give you a weird look when it's boosting hard......priceless.

Having said that, N/A GT3 would be awesome - revs galore and oh that sound. And in the real world, GT3 is slightly slower in a drag race but as fast or faster round a track.

Just realised my daily drive and my wife's plus my p car are all turbo'd - suppose I've voted with my wallet!

I have only owned one Turbo car in my life. I love them. I think my object of desire is a 996 turbo. I was having a conversation with a colleague last week and he was showing me pictures of his old black/black 996 turbo. This cemented things somewhat.

Nothing will beat the sound of a high compression flat 6 at 7-8k rpm. 

Some say an NA is faster around a track ect because throttle response. Those who say that, aren't sure how to get a turbo around a track by getting onto the throttle earlier ect. 

The turbos just have their own personality. love hate thing.

I found the question to hard to answer so I have both. Which one to take depends on the mood and type of drive.

The sounds from and the looks on a passengers face when they go from 0 to 100+ in just over 3 seconds for the first time is priceless. (When the grip is available) In fact it would be rude to video them. The eyeball altering thrust is as addictive as it gets.

Then there is the absolute precision of a tight chassis and a responsive NA. Problem is you need a closed targa road to get the most from it.

I'm thinking it depends on which car.

In the impact bumper 911s (or 944 say) I'd take the turbo. There's just something about the 930.

For the new ones 996 & on I'd take NA.

GT3 for me please.

Archived