996 GT3 Purchase

I have to say, watching the GT3 market all these years, when the values move upward, you get a little hesitant at the thought of taking the car out for a thrashing, because all the thoughts of "fuck this is too much money in one car" start to circulate... when the market is, as it is now, its a good thing as an enthusiast I think. You can rest well knowing the value is sound on the car and your not stressed about the unthinkable happening only to be in a situation that you're underinsured. 

Of course your mileage may vary

All good comments guys.  I wasn't necessarily having a crack at the seller for moving it on before we arrived -  it was more about the disappointment of not having an 8 hour drive back in another GT3. 

I can't blame him for selling to a guy in front of him with cash, as opposed to a couple of guys promising to fly in and 'possibly buy it'. I'm sure we've all had our fair share of wankers that never show up, or the ones that rock up and then need to just check with the wife/bank manager/accountant/etc, never to be seen again.  Or the faceless clowns that text you stupid low-ball offers.  The joys of selling privately, hey?!

I've had my 996 GT3 for a couple of months now, and can't wipe the smile of the face every time I fire it up.  Its just an awesome all-round car.  Sure, there are much faster cars around, but it is just so raw and pure Porsche.   Every time I wash her and pull over the car cover I can't wait until next time..... is this normal Doc, or have I got a problem?1? 

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

All good comments guys.  I wasn't necessarily having a crack at the seller for moving it on before we arrived -  it was more about the disappointment of not having an 8 hour drive back in another GT3. 

I can't blame him for selling to a guy in front of him with cash, as opposed to a couple of guys promising to fly in and 'possibly buy it'. I'm sure we've all had our fair share of wankers that never show up, or the ones that rock up and then need to just check with the wife/bank manager/accountant/etc, never to be seen again.  Or the faceless clowns that text you stupid low-ball offers.  The joys of selling privately, hey?!

I've had my 996 GT3 for a couple of months now, and can't wipe the smile of the face every time I fire it up.  Its just an awesome all-round car.  Sure, there are much faster cars around, but it is just so raw and pure Porsche.   Every time I wash her and pull over the car cover I can't wait until next time..... is this normal Doc, or have I got a problem?1? 

Sounds normal to me . I have had my GT3 for nearly a year now and just can’t wIt to get in and drive it 

I will be picking up the car and driving it to Adelaide for storage for a few months. Will go via GOR which will be nice.

planning a few laps of the Bend Motorsport Park in the car. These cars need to be used, you can only really appreciate them on the track in my opinion. Then will bring it back to Brisbane 

1 hour ago, Jason A said:

I will be picking up the car and driving it to Adelaide for storage for a few months. Will go via GOR which will be nice.

planning a few laps of the Bend Motorsport Park in the car. These cars need to be used, you can only really appreciate them on the track in my opinion. Then will bring it back to Brisbane 

Is this your RS? Feel free to stop in at my place in stirling adelaide hills on the way. id love to see a 996RS up close. 

11 hours ago, Jason A said:

A perfect track for a GT3 

12 hours ago, spiller said:

Is this your RS? Feel free to stop in at my place in stirling adelaide hills on the way. id love to see a 996RS up close. 

@spiller this one is a CS, I have an RS that I have owned for about 6 years now. 

If I get time I will try to arrange a catch up. If not this trip, I will be down again next year.

14 hours ago, symsy said:

That is a nice car !! ..

@symsy I think it may be the same car. I did not go and see it on the GC, but I almost called several times. All the pictures etc line up, but Duttons swapped out the wheels.

When it came up again I decided it was such a good car and deal - I moved on it.

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

A perfect track for a GT3 

@LeeM I read some of your comments on the track, so really looking forward to it.

PCQ is arranging to bring some cars down for a joint track day with PCSA early next year.  Similar set up to the recent visit to Phillip Island with PCV. I am sure it will be well advertised when it is on.

1 hour ago, Jason A said:

There is some chat among a group of us to arrange. Looking forward to it and maybe a blast through the Adelaide hills. Haven’t done that for some years now

Keep me posted, as I'm not a PCSA member...yet