Show us your Motorcyle(s)

With no time to waste, a quick check over and new front tyre and off to Eastern Creek for a track day on the third day of ownership.  I hadn't used tyre warmers before so that added to new experiences too.

Was it good?  You bettcha!:D

Enough power to be fun - was running to 235kph comfortably on the main straight each lap - but not scare you into Jesus.  Steers nicely, stops fine and a lovely induction roar is the icing on the cake. 

749%20at%20Eastern%20Creek%20260416_zps9

I have a contact who has a 1988 Suzuki GSX 750 R slingshot he will part with. It's been one older owner from new to now 65klm. It sold to my contact running poorly on square bores. Now perfect. Paint is entirely original. He has the original carbs. New chain, sprockets and tyres.

What do you think it's worth?

? I've heard they're heavy and tank slap but horrible?

Correct. Don't quote me on this, but I think the steep steering geometry was the problem. All earlier GSXR's were pretty heavy, yet the first F and G's (85 and 86 models) were the lightest and had the better engines. I raced an F 'slab sided' one without a damper in 1990 and it was fine. Or i wasnt going fast enough! The M model I raced had the stock damper which was as effective as a thick rubber band attached to the forks! Nice to ride though. I'd still have one if I could

All the 1100 models were......interesting to ride, yet they went like the clappers. I think the 1100J is still regarded as a bloody good engine, not the 750 which had no torque and loadsa revs. A lot of drag racers still use those 1100 engines, along with the earlier GSX 'EF' 1135 engines which the R's were based on. I've owned well over 90 or so bikes, and most have been Suzuki's including F G K L and M GSXR 750's, and the best of the bunch was probably the M, a cosmetically enhanced L model. I rode a mates J and laughed at how crap the engine was. The K wasn't much better

No wuckas

I like the styling of the old GSXR's through to the water cooled ones (WP model I think), as they revolutionised the bike market, and I distinctly remember when the F was launched in 85, and people lost their s..t, as it was so fast with 100hp. A good F model 750 are still desireable by collectors

For its time, it was bonkers, and all other manufacturers started to follow suit

Its about time I subscribed to this thread.............

Not as flash as the rest of you lot (+ it's not a Ducati, but hopefully one day!) but here's my humble little CB 400;

IMG_2596_zpstxyjrbrr.jpg

Although I've had a few dirt/motoX bikes (non registered) this is my first registered bike and its been a great introduction, fun and pretty easy to use. I would like to step up to something a little more special sometime in the not too distant future but in the meantime I'll continue to just buzz about on this..........

Not as flash as the rest of you lot (+ it's not a Ducati, but hopefully one day!) but here's my humble little CB 400;

IMG_2596_zpstxyjrbrr.jpg

Although I've had a few dirt/motoX bikes (non registered) this is my first registered bike and its been a great introduction, fun and pretty easy to use. I would like to step up to something a little more special sometime in the not too distant future but in the meantime I'll continue to just buzz about on this..........

the CB400 is awsome, nice all purpose machine, your dressed it up nicely mate, I should post my bikes up on this thread but gotta work out how to do that.

Got my first bike when I was 7, a Honda MR50. The bike disease set in quickly. Many years of racing enduro's and motocross have now almost crippled me! But boy was it fun.... then onto road racing with my RZ350, loved that bike, so sad to see it go. I still dream of getting a nice 2 stroke dirt play bike but it would most likely kill me!! This thread is good but oh so cruel as well :D

IMG_2596_zpstxyjrbrr.jpg

Not much of a muffler on that...i bet the neighbours hate you when you go for an early morning ride:)