Show us your Motorcyle(s)

6 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I actually had one as well might have been your old bike ?

3 bikes.JPG

I sold mine, I reckon 91-92 to a guy that didn’t hold onto it for too long and traded it in on a hoggley doggley at Peter Stevens, who apparently kept it for their collection, but I don’t know for certain what happened to it. 

10 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

I sold mine, I reckon 91-92 to a guy that didn’t hold onto it for too long and traded it in on a hoggley doggley at Peter Stevens, who apparently kept it for their collection, but I don’t know for certain what happened to it. 

The bike I had ran a twin disk Scarab set up same as your bike which are rare . Most likely could be same bike. I bet I sold it for more than you did in 92 .

51 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

The bike I had ran a twin disk Scarab set up same as your bike which are rare . Most likely could be same bike. I bet I sold it for more than you did in 92 .

I bet you did as well, although I got good money for it back then,around 10 when an ordinary one was 3-4 from memory

4 hours ago, 911B said:

despite being the oldest bike out of my 3 i still enjoy that animal the most!

They're just a great bike even in stock form, though not for the inexperienced if you want to push them a bit. The one I rode at Mallala had a lot of cash spent on suspension and engine upgrades direct from the Yoshimura development mob in Japan. Reckon I would have paid him anything to buy it, as it was so fast and easy to ride. I didnt want to give it back!  He sold it to buy a TLR which he regretted very quickly. Oops! 

40 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I don’t have much to see mate . Shedpest is the guy with all the bikes 

Oh! 

He's offered a few times to drop in for a beer, yet always have something on or I'm asleep after a drive in the hills 🙄😴

56 minutes ago, garypgt3 said:

I don't think the Ducati 750 Sport of Wilson 59 and StevepGT3 are the same bike. Steve's bike had a gloss black finish on the engine (original was flatter black) and had no tacho drive of the front bevel head.

Good spotting 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I liked the bully video. My brother and I were bultaco men I've owned a lobito125 alpina 250 frontera 250 pursang  360 and then moved on to huskys as well as numerous road bikes,currently riding a bmwr1200s.  My brother had a 325pursang and raced a couple of TSS'S A 250 and a 350 the 350 he converted to a rotary disc intake which used to beat TZ'S but was prone to seizing. His mate had a 250 metralla similar to the one in the video but with clip ons (a different year) which my brother ported and made a expansion chamber for it he had limited success and made it to B grade. Back then there more race tracks and less housing estates oh well the good old days.

My brother is a similar Bultaco tragic.  Current seeking to extend his speed record status at Lake Gairdner with a Metralla he has owned since 1976.

The engine is an interesting mixture of a Skidoo top end on a Bultaco bottom end, running on methanol fed by a Frankenstein of a carburettor that has a remote Holley floatbowl.  Making enough power for 160mph according to his home made dyno.  A lean run due to fuel contamination finished this year's salt run prematurely.   

Bert Flood's Bultaco 360 powered streamliner managed 152.027mph back in the day.   

S13CQeD.jpg