Show us your Motorcyle(s)

31 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Nothing worse than kicking the shit out of a bike  that refused to fire, tore a ligament in my knee doing just that years ago and still suffer from it

Yep, I see a lot of young fellows trying to kick start a bike using throttle every time they kick it and I just stand there and have a big smile on my face while they keep kicking and wonder why it won't fire. 

So I go up to them and show them how us old fellows who grew up on kickstarts do it.

I don't tell them at first, I just kick it over 2 or 3 times then on the 4th kick, boom away she fires and the look on their face is priceless.

Then I tell them that they have flooded the engine because they were twisting the throttle furiously as they kicked. A few kicks to clear the fuel and get it on the compression stroke and away she goes. Most times you never need to touch the throttle.

See, us old fella's are still good for teaching these young bucks a thing or two😂

7 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Yep, I see a lot of young fellows trying to kick start a bike using throttle every time they kick it and I just stand there and have a big smile on my face while they keep kicking and wonder why it won't fire. 

So I go up to them and show them how us old fellows who grew up on kickstarts do it.

I don't tell them at first, I just kick it over 2 or 3 times then on the 4th kick, boom away she fires and the look on their face is priceless.

Then I tell them that they have flooded the engine because they were twisting the throttle furiously as they kicked. A few kicks to clear the fuel and get it on the compression stroke and away she goes. Most times you never need to touch the throttle.

See, us old fella's are still good for teaching these young bucks a thing or two😂

I’ve always never had a problem either , but when I did my knee it was because it had been sitting for months and the fuel bowls had dried out causing the needle and seat to gum up, bastard wouldn’t flow and therefore wouldn’t start 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, st3ve said:

80's instant classics, awesome!   👍  Just need an RC30 and you've got the 80's japbike holy trinity (maybe also an OW01 but I don't know what comes after a trinity).

A mate had the Italian 70's 750 trinity of Greenframe, MV 750 America and 750SFC.  Nice...

I know where there is a never started Rothmans RC30, beautiful things, like a Swiss watch 

11 minutes ago, st3ve said:

80's instant classics, awesome!   👍  Just need an RC30 and you've got the 80's japbike holy trinity (maybe also an OW01 but I don't know what comes after a trinity).

A mate had the Italian 70's 750 trinity of Greenframe, MV 750 America and 750SFC.  Nice...

Picked up this as well 

AC8870A3-C92C-4BE8-A6F5-6FAD587A4B67.jpeg

• 1 month later...
Just now, LeeM said:

You F...ER!!! 

BAGS FIRST RIDE!!! 

You'll love riding that Paul, congrats 👍 (f...er)

I remember watching Andy Robert’s and Doug Pitman racing the OWO1 when they were new . Japanese 80s exotica can’t wait . This thing has 3 km on it so need to run it in 

Just now, wilson59 said:

I remember watching Andy Robert’s and Doug Pitman racing the OWO1 when they were new . Japanese 80s exotica can’t wait . This thing has 3 km on it so need to run it in 

Got some pics of Doug and Andy at the Mallala ARRC round locked away somewhere. Andy was a gun on that thing...and anything else he rode for that matter. Great rider and a helluva nice guy

Any of you guys remember the "Syndicate" Kawasaki that AJ usually rode. What a weapon. Remember seeing it at Mallala being riden by AJ and lapped the whole field. Nothing could touch it. From memory it had 170HP and this was back in the very early 80's.

Never been a massive fan of Yamaha's but that FZR is nice Paul. Excellent score.

Quote from Old Bike magazine:

"Mick Doohan took a double win at the Oran Park round of WSBK in 1988 on an up-spec’d Marlboro Yamaha FZ750R. The FZ would remain in production until the end of 1992, replaced by the YZF750 for 1993. However for ’89, Yamaha released what is possibly their most exotic machine ever, the FZR750R, more commonly known by its factory designation – the OW01"

21 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Quote from Old Bike magazine:

"Mick Doohan took a double win at the Oran Park round of WSBK in 1988 on an up-spec’d Marlboro Yamaha FZ750R. The FZ would remain in production until the end of 1992, replaced by the YZF750 for 1993. However for ’89, Yamaha released what is possibly their most exotic machine ever, the FZR750R, more commonly known by its factory designation – the OW01"

Went up to Oran park for that one, but the details are a bit hazy