Show us your Motorcyle(s)

7 hours ago, tomo said:

Don't  forget  fellas the 6 second barrier was broken  in Australia on a nitro harley called the the new kid in town built in portland by a  couple of guys that called themselves Custom Ride, The Red darwf from Adelade 81 ( nic name of the suicide pilot) was the pilot at Eastern creek I was 1 of the guys :)

I didn’t know.  Good on you 👍

As for the jet bike, there was one mounted in a glass cabinet at the Hidden Valley Tavern for years, but gone last time I was there, so was some of the atmosphere.  New owners I think. 

35 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

I didn’t know.  Good on you 👍

As for the jet bike, there was one mounted in a glass cabinet at the Hidden Valley Tavern for years, but gone last time I was there, so was some of the atmosphere.  New owners I think. 

You would have too have decent pair to ride that Rocket bike I would reckon, once it got going it would be blinding speed from the thrust .

10 hours ago, tomo said:

Yep ,Murry had big Cohunas for sure , he use to be a guest pilot for Cutom Ride as well. One of the guys from K&M Thommo was killed in a bike smash in the hills back in the day aswell he was a Nitro pilot too Rip.

Was Murray with the 'Excessive Force' team? Can't remember exactly, but that sounds familiar.

I secured his son, Davo Johnson, a ride in the UK with one of my sponsors (Revolution UK) back in '99/00, and he's been there ever since, and now always in the top 5 at the Isle of Man. The apple doesn't fall that far from the tree with the Johnsons! Both great blokes too. 

I vaguely remember Thommo, but didn't know him personally 

37 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Was Murray with the 'Excessive Force' team? Can't remember exactly, but that sounds familiar.

I secured his son, Davo Johnson, a ride in the UK with one of my sponsors (Revolution UK) back in '99/00, and he's been there ever since, and now always in the top 5 at the Isle of Man. The apple doesn't fall that far from the tree with the Johnsons! Both great blokes too. 

I vaguely remember Thommo, but didn't know him personally 

Yep Excessive Force let's say amalgamated  with CustomRide 

Name by nature ;) Used to have a huge big blow up Gorilla in the paddock beside the Nitro tent,

38 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Thought so. Yeah some of then were/are as mad as cut snakes. Used to love watching them ride the V8 sand draggers at Ponde. Did you ever meet Mad Brad. I won't say anymore :)

Used to love the sand drags, Ponde what a week,Lucky it was only once a year :)

4 hours ago, 3legs said:

Thought so. Yeah some of then were/are as mad as cut snakes.

Murray Johnson still races historics, and usually on his Manx Norton or the 9864 other bikes he has. Should see his collection mate. Bonkers! 

I'm heading up to his house soon to catch up with Davo, so I'll take some pics 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In 1971 I decided I needed  to step up from dirt bikes.

Sensibly, I settled on an earlier version 500 Mach 3, with drum brakes.

Needless to say, it spat me off a couple of times. That didn't slow me up much.

I just used to strap my crutches to the side of the bike!!! Somehow I survived.

I still remember the unique screaming wail as it came on power. A real widow maker.

• 1 month later...