Show us your Motorcyle(s)

Beyond words. That thing is awesome @3legs !!! :Beer:

BTW mine just passed RWC today with flying colours so not long before I have it on Club plates. First actual ride on the road for me there and back today too, the extra weight of the bike nearly caught me out at the first stop sign... :unsure: But all the working out in the gym had me save it from toppling over completely and the rest of the drive was uneventful.  :D

45 minutes ago, Dalai said:

BTW mine just passed RWC today with flying colours so not long before I have it on Club plates. First actual ride on the road for me there and back today too, the extra weight of the bike nearly caught me out at the first stop sign... :unsure: But all the working out in the gym had me save it from toppling over completely and the rest of the drive was uneventful.  :D

You know the rules. It didn't happen if there's no photo :) 

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Was reading your story thinking.....how hard can it be to resto a bike, then I saw the pic of this mother 😲, holy cow, looks epic, well done mate!

I expect the body work was more daunting than the mechanicals?

Actually the buiding of the frame and body work wasn't that difficult. It's just tube and sheet metal. The hard part was getting the correct length,width, angles etc, that was the hard part.

Thankfully I have a mate with a lathe and he helped out a lot especially with making the rear drive wheel hub.

If you want to see the build from start to finish here is a link to my build thread. https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/mad-max-sidecar-tribute-build.1393742/

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up guys. The VJMC National meeting is on in Bendigo this weekend. 

There will be a show and shine at the Dai Gum San precint (?) from around 11.30 am Saturday 26th.

I'm taking Mad Max there so if you are in the area drop in and say g'day.

I just received mail today I've been waiting eagerly for!

My new member pack for the VJMC Club and Club permit papers back from PCV for my bike. :Jumping:

Although I am a member of the Toyota Car Club Vic and now VJMC, it's been easier to just have the MR2, 911 and now GSXR with the one club. I get the cars paperwork around the same time and will now the motorbike too so only need to send the paperwork in the once! 

I am going to VicRoads to collect my plate first thing in the morning and then go for a short ride. I really want to come up Saturday but unsure if too far for my first real ride back. If I do ride up Saturday I'll look for you and Mad Max!

I was going to go first thing in the morning to VicRoads as tomorrow is an RDO, but there was no way I was going to sleep tonight so went this afternoon. 

Was meant to be! Arrived at the Burwood East VicRoads around 2:45pm and the car park was nearly empty and no queue at all at the door! That is unheard of, usually there is a queue that follows the edge of the car park and along the street. In and out with plate and logbook in hand! :CoolDance: 

11 minutes ago, Dalai said:

I was going to go first thing in the morning to VicRoads as tomorrow is an RDO, but there was no way I was going to sleep tonight so went this afternoon. 

Was meant to be! Arrived at the Burwood East VicRoads around 2:45pm and the car park was nearly empty and no queue at all at the door! That is unheard of, usually there is a queue that follows the edge of the car park and along the street. In and out with plate and logbook in hand! :CoolDance: 

I usually try to use one of the remote branches of Service Tasmania for this very reason.  Go to one of the main branches you queue up and wait for hours.  Renewed licence on Tuesday, about 8 minutes from parking car to getting back into it.  Pretty happy with that....

5 hours ago, Dalai said:

I just received mail today I've been waiting eagerly for!

My new member pack for the VJMC Club and Club permit papers back from PCV for my bike. :Jumping:

Although I am a member of the Toyota Car Club Vic and now VJMC, it's been easier to just have the MR2, 911 and now GSXR with the one club. I get the cars paperwork around the same time and will now the motorbike too so only need to send the paperwork in the once! 

I am going to VicRoads to collect my plate first thing in the morning and then go for a short ride. I really want to come up Saturday but unsure if too far for my first real ride back. If I do ride up Saturday I'll look for you and Mad Max!

Cool that would be great.

Look for the bloke that looks like a model and makes Fabio look ugly and will have a couple of supermodels hanging off his arm ( I can hear @LeeM laughing from here :) ). That won't be me :) 

I will be the average, somewhat rotund old fart with the walking stick although having said that, that pretty well covers most VJMC members :) :) :) 

13 minutes ago, 3legs said:

I will be the average, somewhat rotund old fart with the walking stick although having said that, that pretty well covers most VJMC members :) :) :) 

Yes was told by the guy I bought my bike off and who recommended the VJMC I may not have enough grey hair yet to fit in! :lol:

On 10/03/2022 at 15:55, Dalai said:

And 100 times better in person!

After a successful first ride yesterday I decided I would ride up to Bendigo today for the Vintage Japanese MC Nationals. As luck would have it I parked directly opposite @3legs stunning bike.

IMG_20220326_125030438.thumb.jpg.de5ca8b273faf79efde8f58dcfa4d0bc.jpg

Judging by the numbers swarming around it and photographing all day everyone agreed! Met 3legs and had a great chat. Top bloke! Always good to put a face to a name.

Lots of amazing machines on display including some nice Katanas.

IMG_20220326_133705317.thumb.jpg.fcc42eabbca3918adf4afed0d18af8b3.jpg

Had to take another photo of mine whilst there. Got some nice comments as I parked.

IMG_20220326_144327217.thumb.jpg.fb1a42ab7990abc4eb7e029f35bd7d75.jpg

Drive home down the freeway was a little boring, so took a few back roads over Mt Macedon to break it up.

Yep good to catch up with you Martin. Apparently there were close to 400 bikes registered. Biggest show the club has had.

Even had Mick Hone and Robbie Phillis as guest speakers at the dinner.

I didn't win a trophy but that wasn't unexpected as the bike was only just built recently :) 

• 2 weeks later...