Show us your Motorcyle(s)

4 hours ago, Peter M said:

Ah, the good old days when it was "IMPORTANT" to wash filters out in "petrol or kerosene", presumably with your bare hands!  Wouldn't see that instruction nowadays.

It even has a tickler so you are guaranteed to smell like petrol after every ride!

Real leaded fuel too, not this carcinogenic unleaded rubbish !

Three of my dream bikes there Peter, some of my more well off (oil rig workers) mates had CB1100r’s in the day and remember taking one for a memorable thrash, then you follow it up with an RC30 and what appears to be Mal Campbell race bike, What a collection. And yes still fondly remember many an hour as very young kid on the little mini trail 50 and many years later riding another mates old CB750 on a shockingly corrugated dirt road which went on forever (which nether the bike nor I enjoyed) to get it to his new house. Great memory jogger and thanks for posting.

On 22/01/2022 at 11:30, Peter M said:

Nice! 

1992 Suzuki GSX-R1100 (1127cc) (bikesales.com.au)

It even has an Ohlins already! (Both my R's ended up with them too.)

I'd screw him for both the exhausts!

Good luck!

After spending all week trying to talk myself out of buying it I phoned last night and inspected today.

Deposit down, he will change out to the pristine original exhaust over the weekend as I will need them to pass RWC as the Ti system is too loud.

I'm not one to haggle so the second system is not included in the price. He did offer the full titanium exhaust for an additional $500. Still undecided though most likely will buy it anyway.

8 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Yes to me. Deposit paid this afternoon. ;) 

Congratulations @Dalai

Always fun to have 2 wheels 😎

11 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Only thing undecided is if I also pay a little more for the Ti exhaust

Do it.

Will regret later when it's hard to find... 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Awesome mate, congrats.

For $500, it's worth paying a little extra for it

I’m with Lee, take the exhaust.
If it’s a full OVER system they were very expensive pieces of kit in the day and were great quality. (I think Stafford was the sole Australian agent for them back in the day). Also if it’s been rejected for that system she’ll be very rich on the more restrictive stock system (main jets will be a lot bigger) and don’t forget back then the stock systems were heavy units.

12 hours ago, Dalai said:

Yes to me. Deposit paid this afternoon. ;) 

Only thing undecided is if I also pay a little more for the Ti exhaust.

Remember "Loud Pipes Saves Lives!" 😁

(If you can handle the noise of the OVER I'd suggest you run that and safely store the original exhaust for the future.  You may have noticed I'm dabbling in an earlier Suzuki where having an original exhaust is like finding the Holy Grail and sell for thousands if in good condition.)

Bike now safety tucked away in my garage.

1644037086220.thumb.jpg.c74d29a6d7ad840bf75b06369bcf0f34.jpg

New leathers ordered earlier in the week as my leathers have shrunk since worn last. :unsure: New helmet needs to be bought as all the rubber and foam has perished!  

Will be phoning around to book the RWC and get it on Club Plates ASAP. Going to be a challenge not to take it around the block before then!

9 minutes ago, Dalai said:

New leathers ordered earlier in the week as my leathers have shrunk since worn last. :unsure: New helmet needs to be bought as all the rubber and foam has perished!  

Will be phoning around to book the RWC and get it on Club Plates ASAP. Going to be a challenge not to take it around the block before then!

Nice driveway Martin 🙂 

7 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Nice driveway Martin 🙂 

Actually not my driveway in that picture... Photo taken by the previous owner on his driveway earlier in the week after fitting the original exhaust. I need to get the leaf blower out and wait for evening light before taking photos at my place!

9 hours ago, Dalai said:

There she is  👍💪 tough n pretty, I'll bet the wax n polish is coming out tomorrow (if it hasn't already)

• 2 weeks later...

I know a few of us are interested in restoring motorcycles from the era of our formative years.  This couple have restored a number and do a nice write up and photos for each bike.  While they have tended towards Ducati's, the Katana resto is worth a read and there are few others that look interesting too.

Vintage Desmo - Motorcycle Restorations, Ducati, Bevel

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my Mad Max ground up build passed by the Engineer and the Dept of Transport and is now fully registered and took her for it's first ride today.

I have been building this for 3 years and i'm loving it.

For those that don't know, this is a replica of a bike that featured in the 1st Mad Max film. I used to own the original back in 1992 and restored it and sold it in 1994 which I have regretted ever since.

I've always wanted to build a replica and after seeing the original again at the beginning of 2019 at the 40th anniversary I decided "what the hell, lets do it".

I've never built a bike from the ground up before so there was a lot of learning along the way but overall it wasn't as bad as I thought. Even the Engineering inspections were pretty smooth.

Rides really nice ( for a hardtail :) ) and boy does it get the looks. The rubber neckers were out in force today.

It's not exactly the same because some things are no longer legal but it's pretty close.

Looking forward to taking it for a cruise along the coast this weekend to upset some of the Harley wannabe's cafe set :) 

Anyway here it is.

IMG_3832.JPG