Show us your Motorcyle(s)

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Built in 1911. Think about that for a second! Unreal 

There is a guy there who did the resto on that particular bike  for the local Dr owner and has many other old bikes that I've been encouraging to bring a "show and tell" item each week.  Last week he bought a couple disassembled magnetos of various ages that I found interesting as you can see how things developed over the last century and can see the roots of the points and coil ignition that eventually came about.

Today he bought in some early Triumph carburettors that didn't have venturis.  I found that amazing as I've never seen that before and the fact that they ignored Bernoulli's principle which was derived about 150 years before!  They also had two slides in series, the first to control air flow and the second to meter fuel.  Again interesting as you can see the roots of the modern (Ha, before WWII!) carburettor.  

I admit they have softened my resolve that no worthwhile bikes were built before 1973!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 22/01/2022 at 11:30, Peter M said:

What I am also waiting for is this shitter to turn up in the coming weeks....

hWh4Mek.jpg

Finally got it, tidied it up and back from my second ride that fortunately didn't end up on a trailer like the first time!  Got to admit I'd forgotten how loud Conti's were....

1DxkwHu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
World's Coolest Motorcycle Parking Sign?

Maybe if you are a Ducati enthusiast! Located in Uralla NSW.

Still working through a decade or so of disuse and the odd dubious legacy of a previous owner but now have done just over 300km (without breaking down again!) and couldn't be happier. 

These must have been a revelation when they came on the market in the 70's. 

IMG_1177.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 3legs said:

My Mad Max outfit just featured in a 7 page spread in a new (ish) Japanese magazine. Can't show all pages due to copyright but most of the photos and script is from my build thread anyway.

Road Warrior Monthy Mag cover.jpg

Looks even more amazing in the flesh. Seriously awesome build- was the star attraction at the VJMC Nationals earlier this year!

Just a heads up to anyone in Adelaide on 18 and 19 Nov 2022, my outfit will have it's first official Adelaide showing at the Adelaide Auto Expo at Wayville showgrounds.

My bike even made the promotional poster. So if you are in Adelaide then drop in and say g'day, take some photos etc.

May be an image of car and text that says "FUCHS E Extreme wto ASRE ව RACEDEC n HA Dynamat Geof' Garage PPG Mobile AutoCare 83540055 WAYVILLE SHOWGROUNDS ADELAIDE Friday night November 18th& all day Saturday November 19th Superstars AUTOBACS オートバックス"

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LeeM said:

Don't give Alex any ideas mate. He'd probably build that just as a challenge to you 😅

Don't  forget  fellas the 6 second barrier was broken  in Australia on a nitro harley called the the new kid in town built in portland by a  couple of guys that called themselves Custom Ride, The Red darwf from Adelade 81 ( nic name of the suicide pilot) was the pilot at Eastern creek I was 1 of the guys :)

25 minutes ago, tomo said:

Don't  forget  fellas the 6 second barrier was broken  in Australia on a nitro harley called the the new kid in town built in portland by a  couple of guys that called themselves Custom Ride, The Red darwf from Adelade 81 ( nic name of the suicide pilot) was the pilot at Eastern creek I was 1 of the guys :)

A friend of mine, Murray Johnson, used to ride the nitro Harley from K&M motorcycles a few years ago who won a title or two I think. Those Nitro guys are bloody mad!  I was offered a go on a Pro Stock bike in the late 90's, but I piked out last minute 😅 I was doing 10's on my street bike, but a Pro bike is just another animal that I probably didn't possess the required testicular size to handle it