Home built Hot Rod

MFX

Jeff, you need to get a job! Another project before the P-car is finished? Couldn't help yourself? 

Great choice!

Haha, well even worse, it looks like I am about to go and pick up a 3rd project in weeks time. I started trying to buy it a month ago (before the 240Z) and now it has come through, and it is too good a price to let it slip by.....aaarrrggghh! Good thing I have a very understanding wife ;) 

To me this fills out my early 70's "Holy Trinity" of sports cars. Any guesses to what it is? I know people hate my stupid guessing games, but still.

P.S. I have a pet hate of rotaries so that is out (sorry to the rotor lovers).

I was gonna say rx3 until I read the last line.

240z gnose, rx3 and longhood porsche are my 70's trio.

2 out of 3, well sort of. The g nose reminds me of Beetlejuice pulling faces....

Not enough neg on the front but otherwise HAWT. Was nearly my first car but went RX-4 instead.

I never been a huge fan of the power delivery of rotors. They can make huge power, but you generally have to ring the tits off of it to get there. But more importantly, my opinion of rotors will always be tainted by the multitude of customers, who's RX3's, 4's etc, I airbrushed over the years, so that is now how I see them. 

Haha. I always thought I would love a series 6 RX7 with an SR20 in it ;) 

I never been a huge fan of the power delivery of rotors. They can make huge power, but you generally have to ring the tits off of it to get there. But more importantly, my opinion of rotors will always be tainted by the multitude of customers, who's RX3's, 4's etc, I airbrushed over the years, so that is now how I see them. 

Haha. I always thought I would love a series 6 RX7 with an SR20 in it ;) 

E30 BM with an SR20. Yes please. Also a Caterham with an SR20.

YES!

In a previous life, I had a '69 Series 1 1750 GTV. In fact I may still have it - it's been at a panel shop for, umm, 15 years!

Oh, and there's the spare 2000gtv for parts that might still be there too!

Maybe I should go and pick them up one day - or check to see if they still exist.

I have a few bits dotted around the place too.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. 

Some thing like this, 

alfa-romeo-sr20-turbo-jason-jakovac-titl

....except I am buying a rusty bucket of parts (of course).

That thing is an absolute beast! Probably the only car I would sell the 911 to buy

I just tagged you on Instagram

My holy trinity is all 80s: 944 Turbo (Guards Red), Mk1 Golf GTi, R32 GTR.

To date I have managed 1.85 of the list. I had an '81 GTi for quite a while, a while ago, and now a 924. It's only 85% of the car a good 944 is, but it's the right 85%!

Amazing how the prices of all these things have skyrocketed in the past 5 years.

@MFX How far away are you (do you think) from having the Orange one going? Is it just the engine that is delaying progress?

My holy trinity is all 80s: 944 Turbo (Guards Red), Mk1 Golf GTi, R32 GTR.

To date I have managed 1.85 of the list. I had an '81 GTi for quite a while, a while ago, and now a 924. It's only 85% of the car a good 944 is, but it's the right 85%!

Amazing how the prices of all these things have skyrocketed in the past 5 years.

@MFX How far away are you (do you think) from having the Orange one going? Is it just the engine that is delaying progress?

I should hopefully finish off the paint this week, then it is the engine and reassembly. I will do the interior as I go, but I can use the old bits to get it on the road first :)