Home built Hot Rod

MFX

that is sensational. with some big fat rubber under there is will look very tough. 

I have some wheels on the way courtesy of another forum member, so all will be revealed soon enough.

I watched this one with my 7yo daughter and she said "Wow, I love the purple". She was then disappointed when you peeled off the tape and most of the purple with it. I think it works really well. I can't wait to see how you tie it in to the rest of the car.

I watched this one with my 7yo daughter and she said "Wow, I love the purple". She was then disappointed when you peeled off the tape and most of the purple with it. I think it works really well. I can't wait to see how you tie it in to the rest of the car.

It is good I don't swear in these videos then ;)

Are you sure it is not a little too under-stated?????? ? (BTW I love it.  Sensational colour)

Haha. You are the first to say that. But I will be tying it in in the interior and engine bay a bit. But I don't want to go overboard ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I predict a few small setbacks in your next video....

Your pain was palpable at circa 7 minutes!  In a thousand lifetimes I would not have your patience for the amount of sanding you've done.  Keep going, you're doing an awesome job.  If I had any of those engine bits I'd gladly donate, so hopefully others who can help, will.

I predict a few small setbacks in your next video....

Your pain was palpable at circa 7 minutes!  In a thousand lifetimes I would not have your patience for the amount of sanding you've done.  Keep going, you're doing an awesome job.  If I had any of those engine bits I'd gladly donate, so hopefully others who can help, will.

Haha, thanks mate. It was only yesterday afternoon, so it still stings a bit. I will get there in the end.

I have been busy getting stuck into painting the roll cage and doing the final flow coat of the car this week. Once all of the painting if finished, I will tear down the booth and get stuck into the engine.

As for the engine, the guys at Performance Developments in LA have reached out to me and they want to help out with building a special engine for this project, and I need some parts.

If anyone has an Aluminium case, later model heads, cam decks or cam covers for a reasonable price, let me know. They can be in the US or Aus (or anywhere in the world for that matter).

Thanks guys, here is the video.

Jeff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7nJqncXjq0 

Edited by MFX

Hi Jeff

Feeling your pain!  Sounds like most of my jobs, but by the time you're finished, you will be an expert, ready to do your "next" one very efficiently.

BTW I'm sending you a PM be engine bits...

Cheers

Rob

Yeah, it feels that way. I just wish it didn't take all the pain and stuff ups the first time around to get there ;) 

Looks great and the engine sounds like it will be very interesting. I just checked out http://performancedevelopments.com - sounds like you could end up with something pretty cool

As long as I can find some nice bits parts. I still have a modest budget for this build so we will see what comes up.