Home built Hot Rod

MFX

Holy poop! Chris!! ?

Yeah, I know. My wife has accused me of having a man crush on him for a couple of years now. I just wish I got better footage. I don't think he was that keen to be on camera, so I just had a chat with him. Great guy.

Another subscriber to these video's, great stuff.  

Thanks mate. I have been away for the last few weeks, so that is why there haven't been any updates (we chose to leave France on just the right day...). Now I am back and it is full steam ahead. Hopefully the next update will be by the end of the week.

Well done Jeff!  Shame about the runs, but as you said, they'll rub out.  Are you using Acrylic or 2-pack?  I'm sure you said which previously, but i'm too lazy to go back and look.  I'm interested because I need to do some refinishing on my Ducati, and tossing up between Acrylic and 2-pack.

PS - Just watched episode 13 of Project Binky  - the good news is that it's up to the usual excellent standard; the bad news being that it'll be a couple of months until the next...:(

Well done Jeff!  Shame about the runs, but as you said, they'll rub out.  Are you using Acrylic or 2-pack?  I'm sure you said which previously, but i'm too lazy to go back and look.  I'm interested because I need to do some refinishing on my Ducati, and tossing up between Acrylic and 2-pack.

PS - Just watched episode 13 of Project Binky  - the good news is that it's up to the usual excellent standard; the bad news being that it'll be a couple of months until the next...:(

I am using 2 pack. You need to have good ventilation, and the correct mask, etc, but 2 pack is easier to paint and gives a much better finish than acrylic. I would go 2 pack every time.

Yeah, I was over the moon when I saw a Project Binky update this morning. I sat down with a fresh coffee and made sure I was comfortable before I started watching. The only down side as you say is that it will be at least a couple of months before the next one :( 

Always enjoy your video,s congratulations on getting some colour on the build ,,,looks amazing ,,,,I just love a freshly painted body shell ,,,I am thinking black Carrera side graphic,s :D

Edited by Raven

Always enjoy your video,s congratulations on getting some colour on the build ,,,looks amazing ,,,,I just love a freshly painted body shell ,,,I am thinking black Carrera side graphic,s :D

I can confirm that black may play a part in the graphics (a big tiger on the bonnet has black stripes yeah? ;)).

I can confirm that black may play a part in the graphics (a big tiger on the bonnet has black stripes yeah? ;)).

Gotta have the Home Built Crest in colour on top of a matte black bonnet? That was my immediate mental image when you started talking 'graphcs' :ph34r:

Nice work by the way, getting mighty close now.....

I binged watch the first 17 episodes the other night. Great stuff.

Love the orange.

My vote for graphics would be something like this.

D7880483-9A25-409F-8004-5F89479BEFA0_zps

You are getting close. Colours are not quite right though ;)

Is that Rob's first car, singer no 1 ?  If not its the same color sceme 

I don't think it is Rob's original car, as that is not fully Singerfyed from memory. That looks like a full blown Singer.

Great job with the painting Jeff!Found an engine on ebay that you might be interested in, its a 911T 2.4L

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-Engine-/201629255732?hash=item2ef20a4834:g:8gMAAOSwWfFXkgfv

Thanks Tarkan. I have actually decided now that I am going to rebuild my existing engine myself. It would be a cop out to just whack in an engine after coming this far ;)

I am looking at doing a nice warm 2.7RS type engine, with hopefully progressing to ITB's and EFI as it evolves.

Jeff, the wife was out last night so I cracked a beer and watched your YouTube videos on the 60" TV. This was after watching that batshit boring Car Chronicals - you are seriously a better presenter than those guys and I found your content more interesting.  Keep it up mate, your car is going to be a gem. 

Btw - did you know that you photo bombed the Porsche Club Vic magazine with Magnus?

Dave

Jeff, the wife was out last night so I cracked a beer and watched your YouTube videos on the 60" TV. This was after watching that batshit boring Car Chronicals - you are seriously a better presenter than those guys and I found your content more interesting.  Keep it up mate, your car is going to be a gem. 

Btw - did you know that you photo bombed the Porsche Club Vic magazine with Magnus?

Dave

Thanks mate. I did not know about the P club mag. Can you post a pic?

Only satin on the black bits!  

Satin orange puking.gif

Haha. Well put :D :D